Joining the Anarchist Federation

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
sgonzal
Feb 1 2008 07:21
Joining the Anarchist Federation

I believe in everything that you all stand for and I would really like to join this group. However, I live in the U.S. so I would appreciate any kind of information that comes my way. Right now the competition for who will run to be the next president is under way. I am very disgusted by all the lies that they are telling to us about how they plan to help those who are struggling. Instead of supporting a lying democrate or republican, I want to support a group of people that actually care about changing the way people think. Instead of being ashamed of living in a capitalist country I want to do something about it.

knightrose
Feb 1 2008 12:54

GDD is right. We usually recommend people in the states join NEFAC.
All we can really do is put you on a mailing list to receive our publciations by email.

redandblack17
Feb 1 2008 13:47

right so if you join how much do you have to pay? 1per cent rate? I would but i cant afford

sgonzal
Feb 1 2008 16:33

Thanks, I will check it out.

knightrose
Feb 1 2008 17:03
redandblack17 wrote:
right so if you join how much do you have to pay? 1per cent rate? I would but i cant afford

Subs to the AF depend on income. there's a flat rate for people on low wages. Above that it's 1%. Why not ask the Sheffield branch, they'll put you in the picture.

Tacks's picture
Tacks
Feb 1 2008 18:23
redandblack17 wrote:

i dunno bout this one percent, AF is £15 pa without a job, more with but not much.

Given that the last round of drinks i bought afetr an AF meeting came to only slightly less, its really really nothing.

Shit i remember going to gigs when i was 14 and paying £15 and that was for a few hours of shit music.

David UK
Feb 5 2008 13:42

U got ripped.

Tacks's picture
Tacks
Feb 5 2008 16:26

of course i did; anyone who went to see Reel Big Fish got fucking ripped.

i did see snuff* on a regular basis though, which was cool, and capdown who were good then, and king prawn who were pretty good.

*and the band's not bad either ha ha