Mexican Anarchist support gig

34 posts / 0 new
Last post
redandblack17
Oct 1 2007 12:33
Mexican Anarchist support gig

Hey guys just saying well done with the Benefit gig, we all did good playing, Graffing, Supporting AFED and the punk scene. Started out a great night, unfortunatly it tailed off in the end due to the Police cutting the gate and shifting people out. That was well cack. I hope you feel helped by us coming down and tidying up the squat space, cutting the trees, shoveling up the skag needles and doing up the inside. Sorry my band didn't play, yet i guess i did good doing a drunken acoustic set!

Anyway i guess we did good for raising funds for the mexican anarchists, and hope all that worked out well. I had the time of my life and Saturday and learnt a lot from it, from organising, to playing and from helping out to the end result. Keep up the good work and you probs know who i am without saying my name!

Fuck the cops, they can't hold us down all the time!

Keep me updated about more gigs, squats, organising, stickering and all of that!

anarchol
Oct 1 2007 13:13

yep

redandblack17
Oct 1 2007 13:15

Proper missed out was well good!

redandblack17
Oct 1 2007 14:16

Well anyway, I took loadsa photos of the upcoming to the gig and the 3 other bands / people who played besides from me (of course), I'll be sending the photos to the Organisors and i think they'll upload them to ....

http://www.indymedia.org.uk/en/regions/sheffield/2007/09/382409.html

madashell's picture
madashell
Oct 1 2007 14:30
guydebordisdead wrote:
AF held a squat party?

Hey, it raised the money, didn't it?

JoeMaguire's picture
JoeMaguire
Oct 1 2007 18:41

Gig was alright. Venue was good for putting on a gig and obviously some people had tried to do as much as they could amenities wise (Im grossed out about finding about needles though :angry)
Police intervened during the third band (was also a mix set earlier) there was confusion over why they had breached the section 6 and obviously people scattered because of the intimidation, especially threats over equipment being seized. Half the people carried on drinking then headed home after a good while.
Met quite a few nice people to boot, so cheers to one and all.

Sorry.
Oct 1 2007 20:13

who did the AF find to give money to in Oaxaca?

madashell's picture
madashell
Oct 1 2007 23:42

Indymedia article

And regardless of what you think of squat parties, you have to admit that this:

Is fucking cool grin

madashell's picture
madashell
Oct 1 2007 23:44
Sorry. wrote:

I wasn't really involved in this, but from the poster Dim put up, it looks like it was the APPO.

Lone Wolf's picture
Lone Wolf
Oct 2 2007 03:30
madashell wrote:
Indymedia article

Is fucking cool grin

It certainly is!

Cheers for the link - there is some great graf in those photos!

So did you go to this mads?

Redandblack17 i have no idea who you are but you sound fun. smile

Love

LW XX

madashell's picture
madashell
Oct 2 2007 10:33
Lone Wolf wrote:

Nah, was too busy with the social centre opening hoo ha in Liverpool.

Lone Wolf's picture
Lone Wolf
Oct 3 2007 01:02
madashell wrote:
Lone Wolf wrote:

Nah, was too busy with the social centre opening hoo ha in Liverpool.

ooh yeah fab - will chat to you later about how that went. cool

Steven.'s picture
Steven.
Oct 3 2007 09:23
madashell wrote:
Sorry. wrote:

I wasn't really involved in this, but from the poster Dim put up, it looks like it was the APPO.

Are you serious? Oh dear.

the button's picture
the button
Oct 3 2007 10:41
Lone Wolf wrote:
Redandblack17 i have no idea who you are but I especially like the last two digits of your username.

Fixed. cool

wink

madashell's picture
madashell
Oct 3 2007 16:17
John. wrote:
Are you serious? Oh dear.

Not really been following the Oaxaca stuff, so sorry if I'm being exceptionally dim here, but what's wrong with that?

Lone Wolf's picture
Lone Wolf
Oct 3 2007 16:33
the button wrote:
Lone Wolf wrote:
Redandblack17 i have no idea who you are but I especially like the last two digits of your username.

Fixed. cool

wink

angry That never crossed my mind.

(Well tbh if i could do that small fadey writing it may be admitted that it might have registered there a lil, embarrassed )

tho to be fair Lucy82 is not 82. cool

And you can wipe that smug grin off your face GDID!

Love

LW XX

PS Mebbe i could use redandblack17 to lure the slutty 17year old from Eastbourne away from the Boy tho? black bloc
Mind you he would have to be pretty stunning - you have seen the boy! (No pressure RandB17 and i am only joking... lol )

Tacks's picture
Tacks
Oct 4 2007 00:25

no no no!

it was for anarchists fitted up - we had a specific request for doantions to legal costs! We didn't chuck money at the APPO.

I have to say the greatest failing was not having any info on Oaxaca on the night (though it was all in the preceding prop). October_lost - we cleaned the gig space thorughly, where did you find a needle? There really weeren't any in the rooms we used for the gig, we cleared everything out first, all the furniture and equipment went in later. That means the junkies were sneaking back in in the meantime. There's a fucking drop in centre 5 minutes away too. Sorry.

guydebordisdead wrote:
AF held a squat party?

not the first or the last time either. From the reaction of the attendees, it was the right choice. Much as i despise 'autonomous zones' as a theory, round here social centres have been a big source of new people and empowerment for them. I can't be arsed to tit on about it too much, suffice to say it worked as a good first step to a local profile.

madashell wrote:
Indymedia article

Is fucking cool grin

same pen wink

Bubbles's picture
Bubbles
Oct 4 2007 03:48

edit.

sum-one's picture
sum-one
Oct 4 2007 18:05

Police spoil everything. What bands got to play?
Any more gigs etc planned, any other places? I know east kent have one in the works.

redandblack17
Oct 7 2007 22:55

haha yeah i did some graffin down at the squat, we cleared all needles out of sight and our of reach anyway, yes there were fuck loads of needles, but we did loads of work and cleared the place, i wasnt there when everyone put the toilets up, was a well suprise when i went in and noticed them. you should know who i am if you saw a drunk kid trying to place an acoustic guitar then you'll know haha (on 29th)

we should do more shit there, fuck if cops come. Was a shame everyone scattered, i came back for more beer, i was working but i didnt wanna stand in middle of town center so i was like fuck it!!!

redandblack17
Nov 19 2007 12:43

maybe i am a 17 year old from east eastbopurne. i live on the streets and sell my body for money.

nah but i think we should do more with that Factory, its still perfect, and suposidly some friends graffed it up a tad more. should do some acoustic and then bands later again, on a busy night.

redandblack17
Nov 19 2007 12:44

course you didnt find a needle, but we cleared hundreds away from the rooms and stuff, there was a tree where the pay in box was and all that was covered in needles, we found loads!!!

Tacks's picture
Tacks
Nov 19 2007 13:52
redandblack17 wrote:
should do some acoustic and then bands later again, on a busy night.

if we just stuck to acoustic, would ppl turn up?

it would make things a fuck of a lot easier.

JoeMaguire's picture
JoeMaguire
Nov 19 2007 22:56

I didnt see any needles, just I read it that it was being condoned in a squat party sad

((Tacks)) have you still got that book you found?

Tacks's picture
Tacks
Nov 20 2007 01:28

yes.

It has been encased in cocnrete and thrown into the sea to prevent it from infecting humanity.

redandblack17
Nov 20 2007 15:02

nah i dont mean just acoustic i mean live bands later

Tacks's picture
Tacks
Nov 20 2007 16:23

i know.

Thats why i said 'just acoustic' lol.

JoeMaguire's picture
JoeMaguire
Nov 25 2007 02:51

It was a quality read, I was near half way through it....any chance of getting it back?

Tacks's picture
Tacks
Nov 26 2007 01:24

pm ur addy

JoeMaguire's picture
JoeMaguire
Dec 2 2007 01:25

Just pass it through the channels when you get the chance...