FAO technocrats and technocracy sympathisers

136 posts / 0 new
Last post
Gregg Howards's picture
Gregg Howards
Offline
Joined: 7-06-09
Jun 12 2009 22:40

Farce

Quote:
What's the different between a Technocracy technate concept and a Technocracy non-technate concept?

No such thing as the latter of the two, except for a dumbing down of the first ones (Technocracy technate) ideas, and the attachment of non notable personalities that took a liking to the original information, though they do not comprehend it apparently.

That is strange admittedly, because most any person with a good 8th. grade education can understand it, as to the original info.
As a plain word 'technocracy' can have many different meanings... just Google it, but specifically as to a notable group it is not connected to what the other posters were connecting to... communism, capitalism, socialism, anarcho this or that, who knows what all.

Technocracy technate is the program that was developed by the Technical Alliance which formed out of Columbia University, and their information became a popular social movement in the United States and Canada in the 1930's and 40's, and is still considered notable and has had a resurgence of interest in the last few years, for a number of different reasons.

More recently a variety of disconnected groups, have attempted to latch on to portions of that original program in an attempt at notability to thoughts and concepts that are not related in any way. Witness... RSFO... who is either ignorant or just plain trolling, or more likely brainwashed... but who knows ?... face value is that he is another ignorant person, and there are an over supply of those all over.

The Technocracy technate program never actually went away from its inception, but certain dumbed down parties have tried to co-opt the connected information, which more often than not is comical, and yes some of those groups employ brainwashing techniques... NET and ACT for instance with mixed results (RSFO).
Their main leader Bill DesDardines, or Kolzene claims to be a Wiccan or witch and advocates and practices Neuro Linguistic Programming... which is a disgusting way to brainwash people by 'suggestion'. A little like spell casting... as said comical bullshit really.

Their other leader is Andrew Alexander Wallace, sometimes called Isenhand or IronHand as the Russians call him, some of the Emergenator splinter cult seem to adore him, again very odd, and no idea why.
http://www.linkedin.com/in/aawallace who lists himself as '' ResearchEngineer Umeå University (Educational Institution; 1001-5000 employees; Research industry) Design and development of specialist software and hardware for research in the area of psychology. Conduction research into AI and robotics.''''''''' end quote.
These people and groups connected are NOT connected in any way except as said in a strange notability attempt for themselves.

As far as the real thing The same basic group that started with the research of the Technical Alliance from about 1918, is still around with mostly the same information about a non monetary system using energy accounting that does not have a legal system or judicial system connected to it, or make people in a technate area conform to morality or ethical belief systems via (voting, laws) as is done today in democratic contract society.

NET and TechCa, (Kolzene), advocate democratic voting on morality and ethical and aesthetic ideas, which is about as far from Technocracy technate ideas as can be gotten. http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=dfx7rfr2_116g5fp9d&hl=en Women Technocracy Activists.

Yorkie Bar
Offline
Joined: 29-03-09
Jun 13 2009 10:12
RSFO wrote:
I do not have the scientific knowledge to contradict you.

You don't need scientific knowledge. The world is not made up of just energy. Therefore, it can't be managed with just energy. Doesn't that make sense.

RSFO wrote:
in anarcho-syndicalist Catalonia they used a certain voucher system, where vouchers got cancelled out on spending - this assured that noone could earn "money". Energy Accounting is semilar, but it is reflected in the physical world.

That's precisely the problem. It is reflected in the physical world by energy. Thus either the distribution of energy becomes irrational in order to make the distribution of other resources rational, or vice versa. If the token was something else, like paper, it wouldn't be a problem because no one's going to make too much of a fuss if a few bits of paper are distributed sub-optimally.

RSFO wrote:
How would you achieve communism world wide at once anyway?

That's a complex question; however, I would say that communism must be achieved globally if it is achieved at all. Capitalism is global, its negation must also be global (or it is nothing).

Quote:
'Technocracy' [is] as any social system which is organized and integrated on an Area basis to apply the knowledge of science and the methods of technology to the physical operations of the Area, and which has the objective of achieving the highest sustained standard of living for all of its inhabitants that its physical factors permit, and whose ultimate objectives are the production and distribution of abundance.

I have explained, in a roundabout way, why I disagree. An Area based economy is incompatible with a social system based on human needs. If someone outside the area is starving, or if people within the Area are starving and resources outside could save them, do you ignore their needs or ignore the Area basis part of your economy?

Moreover, perusing the rest of the website shows that the statement itself - like all statements of the kind - requires a key to be read properly. I am less inclined to back the above statement when I find that 'the methods of technology' include things like 'energy credit cards' and that by 'abundance' is simply meant 'the energy consumed per capita'. Looking beyond the surface, I can't agree at all.

The problem with Technocracy's mission statement is it says so little. I can see a fascist, a free-marketeer, an anarchist and a Stalinist all agreeing on that one. We'd all like to provide abundance for everyone; we all condone the application of science and technology to the problem (except primmos, and everyone knows they aren't real) the rather large question is: how?

And technocracy.org does not provide good enough answers for me to want to stop there.

RSFO wrote:
revol68 wrote:
This energy accounting sounds amazing, you could literally buy loads of brilliant shit for peanuts.

If the physical world would allow that then yes it would actually be possible.

The physical world is not just energy, it's energy and matter. That's why resource use based on energy alone would never work.

However, I thank you for being the least obviously a nutjob of all the posters who have advocated Technocracy on this thread. Unfortunately you're just not as funny as Gregg...

Technocracy.Inc Advert wrote:
One-of-a-kind artistic masterpiece: 15 energy credits.

Massive lump of warm concrete: 100 energy credits.

Gregg Howards's accusing others of being "a trolling misinformed person that enjoys clacking on the keyboard, because you do not know shit": priceless!

Quote:
Question marks??? - the new ellipsis?

Eh ... question marks are OK, but ... the...y'll .... never replace ... ellipses ... !???!!...!

Gregg wrote:
'Cause I'm the Technocrat, yes I'm the real Technocrat
All you other Technocrats are just imitating
So won't the real Technocrat please stand up,
please stand up, please stand up?

Gregg, not sure how to break this to you but - NO ONE CARES. Really, can't stress that enough, NOBODY ACTUALLY CARES. You can whine about how t3h eebil ACT et al are defiling the holy name of Technocracy but NO ONE GIVES A CRAP. Your bitchy little wall of text explaining how the true believers have been persecuted down the years by heresies and blesphemers is really profoundly uninteresting. I suggest you go back to your stuttering, elipsis filled denunication of the sins of the people, holy man.

~J.

Gregg Howards's picture
Gregg Howards
Offline
Joined: 7-06-09
Jun 13 2009 22:15

BigLittleJ wrote:

Quote:
Hi my name is BigLittleJ, and I make up fake quotes on Forums because I am always trolling people and can be a general clown because I do not know to much, but like to appear as a big shot. This could be because I have a small weiner (penis) or it could be something else.
Like the fake quotes I made up above..^. please understand, that although size does not matter ... sometimes brain size does matter. Anyway please forgive me for being an idiot. There probably is a reason that I listed myself as:
Custom title: illogical pedant in my profile on the Forums here. http://libcom.org/user/biglittlej

Not a problem my man.

You and RSFO could start your own dueling troll forum. I don't imagine that even the commies here like you much. Just for a future reference point though it is bad taste to make up fake quotes and though you also appear to be an amateur comic... probably people will get sick of your clown activities.
As to the other trollish dolt http://www.myspace.com/rsfo there is not much to say, except being young and stupid is not a crime.

Gregg Howards's picture
Gregg Howards
Offline
Joined: 7-06-09
Jun 13 2009 22:29

For people interested in some of the actual ideas connected to Technocracy technate design here is some more information http://mkinghubbert-technocracy.blogspot.com/

This person M. King Hubbert was an American geo scientist. He wrote the majority of the Technocracy Study Course... http://www.technocracytechnate.org/technocracystudycourse.pdf < that is a pdf. download of it.
Mostly it is basic science, but also contains the basic information about what energy accounting is and the type of government (technate) that could accompany that idea to good effect (last two chapters).

All of it is interesting though, and it contains a good rundown on what a Price System is and what a scientific viable alternative could be.
Many will recognize Hubbert also in the context of the term .. 'peak oil' http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImV1voi41YY&feature=channel_page
Here also is a forum that mostly is just information
http://www.technocracytechnate.org/

Yorkie Bar
Offline
Joined: 29-03-09
Jun 14 2009 00:28
Quote:
Hi my name is BigLittleJ, and I make up fake quotes on Forums

See what you did there? It's kind of like what I did; only when I did it was funny, here it's just touchingly pathetic.

Quote:
I am always trolling people and can be a general clown because I do not know to[o] much, but like to appear as a big shot.

Damn, he's got me there.

Quote:
This could be because I have a small weiner (penis) or it could be something else.

I reckon it's the something else, at 6" I'm actually statistically at the top end of average. By the way it's actually spelled 'wiener': remember, it's "I before E except after C".

Quote:
There probably is a reason that I listed myself as:
Custom title: illogical pedant in my profile on the Forums here

You're a stranger in the land of irony, I see.

Quote:
You and RSFO could start your own dueling troll forum.

Ultimate troll fighting, you say? Hmm.......

Quote:
I don't imagine that even the commies here like you much.

Please, communists don't like anyone much. Least of all one another.

Quote:
it is bad taste to make up fake quotes

Bad taste? Seriously?

Quote:
though you also appear to be an amateur comic... probably people will get sick of your clown activities.

Well in the art of making a joke of oneself, I humbly avow myself your pupil. No question, you're the master in that field.

~J.

Harrison
Offline
Joined: 16-11-10
Apr 16 2011 11:00

this thread is mad.
i just wish i'd been a libcom member when it was active