London Anarchist Bookfair, Saturday 29th October 2016

160 posts / 0 new
Last post
Noah Fence's picture
Noah Fence
Dec 8 2016 10:11

Wow, amazing. This guy is to anarchism what Ali G is to gangsters. He's just waffling absolute drivel. Does he have a following or something? Was he equally inept at the meeting?
Also, was the agenda of the meeting totally derailed?

Entdinglichung's picture
Entdinglichung
Dec 8 2016 11:37

https://www.reddit.com/r/Anarchism/comments/5abwye/who_the_fuck_is_amir_taaki_and_why_is_his_cult/

Quote:
Are there comrades who know him and can stop him? It's getting seriously dangerous. Syrian Anarchists often use pseudonyms because they still have family back home in regime or ISIS areas and Taaki and his cult have been filming people regardless of how many times we complained. There are often kids in the room and such nastiness isn't needed.

He has a mini cult masquerading as anarchists and he is actively harassing anarchists. Syrian Anarchists already barely have any exposure in most discussions on Syria and it's fucking disgusting that some British fuck is actively making life harder for Syrian Anarchists.

Serge Forward's picture
Serge Forward
Dec 8 2016 12:27
Noah Fence wrote:
This guy is to anarchism what Ali G is to gangsters.

grin

Managed to listen to about a minute of this but that was my absolute limit and I'll never get that time back. Does it get any better or is it just half an hour's worth of self-obsessed word-wanking?

Entdinglichung's picture
Entdinglichung
Dec 8 2016 12:40
Serge Forward wrote:
Noah Fence wrote:

grin

Managed to listen to about a minute of this but that was my absolute limit and I'll never get that time back. Does it get any better or is it just half an hour's worth of self-obsessed word-wanking?

to call this word-wanking is an insult to all wankers

Noah Fence's picture
Noah Fence
Dec 8 2016 13:33
Serge Forward wrote:
Noah Fence wrote:

grin

To my shame I stuck with it for 12 minutes. I wouldn't call it word wanking as that particular mode of speech requires a degree of artistry. This was just ill thought out mumblings. If this guy can be a cult leader then there's hope for all of us that dream of such glory. PM if you want to join my cult, a vegan cupcake and an eat the rich badge for all sign ups.

Noah Fence's picture
Noah Fence
Dec 8 2016 22:48

I wonder if these idiots are gonna turn up and play their games in Manchester on Saturday? If so, physical removal is surely a major consideration.

Mike Harman
Apr 18 2018 11:21

Bumping this because social-ecology.org (generally very pro-Rojava due to the Bookchin connection) recently posted this on Amir Taaki. He's into Duginist/de-Benoist Third-Positionism - ethno-states and the rest.

http://social-ecology.org/wp/2018/01/the-new-reactionaries-amir-taaki-alt-right-entryism-and-rojava-solidarity/

I've reposted some of Leila Al-Shami's pieces on libcom because it's some of the clearest writing on what's happened on Syria and the narratives around it. You can take issue with whether the 2011 movement in Syria was a secular-democratic 'squares' type movement vs. a proletarian one, but this is in the context of a sustained left/independent media narrative (supported by RT/Sputnik, ANSWER/IAC in the US which are fronts for Marcyite Trot/Tankie groups) that it's all been jihadists funded by the CIA (and Israel/Saudi) to destabilise Assad. The same narratives have been used to smear the strikes and protests in Iran at the beginning of this year (as plots by CIA/Israel/Saudi) by much the same political groups and journalists.

Khawaga's picture
Khawaga
Apr 18 2018 18:52

Mike, seems like you posted this to the wrong thread?

Mike Harman
Apr 18 2018 18:53

Khawaga - no I meant this one - the 2016 bookfair was the one that Amir Taaki disrupted and he's discussed on several pages here.