Organise! launch The Leveller

152 posts / 0 new
Last post
PartyBucket's picture
PartyBucket
Offline
Joined: 23-03-08
May 6 2009 16:42
Bobby wrote:
Choccy, I dont have problem with the content of the articles at all silly. Like I say im sure weeler will help you with improving the layout and design such sub-editing like cutting down some of the paragraphs which are too long and bulky. You would know this if you actually done a newspaper journalism course.

You did, and you still couldnt construct a sentence properly, or use correct grammar if your life depended on it!

jef costello's picture
jef costello
Offline
Joined: 9-02-06
May 6 2009 16:47

Are you sending it to anywhere in England?

PartyBucket's picture
PartyBucket
Offline
Joined: 23-03-08
May 6 2009 16:54
jef costello wrote:
Are you sending it to anywhere in England?

We've sent some to AF, and Jack took a bunch as well.
Jack, where are you putting them?

Choccy's picture
Choccy
Offline
Joined: 9-12-04
May 6 2009 17:20

Yep AF have some. Solfed have shitloads
Jack's putting some in Freedom for us and in Cowley Club in Brighton.

I'm in Oxford next week can give Jef a copy or leave some with Anna smile

Choccy's picture
Choccy
Offline
Joined: 9-12-04
May 6 2009 18:42

Oh yeah cos you fuckin bailed out of coming to Belfast on Saturday even though your mates made it up with like 2hrs sleep, though in fairness they were herded on to a bus by the leadership. You're free of that tyranny wink

Will get you a copy on Saturday

IrrationallyAngry
Offline
Joined: 23-06-05
May 6 2009 19:01
Bobby wrote:
is this because youre in the SP?

In the sense that being in the SP has given me a bit of experience of selling a range of papers and magazines, quite possibly. In the sense that being in the SP makes me allergic to the fucking godawful design of the current Irish Socialist Worker, no. Having some sense of aesthetics accounts for that.

As for whether Socialist Worker has the "biggest distribution" or "biggest sale", I can absolutely confirm that it doesn't have the biggest distribution. Various freesheets slaughter it on that score, with 60,000 copies going out of Fingal Socialist for instance, or whatever the circulation of Workers Solidarity is (8,000?).

As far as biggest sale is concerned I'd be pretty surprised if it does either. It just doesn't have the outlets anymore. The SWP has relatively few public papersales anymore, in so far as they go door to door they are doing it as "People Before Profit" and not pushing SW, their paper seller numbers on demonstrations are also much lower than they once where. How many SWP public paper sales do you think there are on the whole island in any given week?

IrrationallyAngry
Offline
Joined: 23-06-05
May 6 2009 19:27

Nope. Fingal Socialist goes out once every few months.

knightrose
Offline
Joined: 8-11-03
May 6 2009 19:45

the AF haven't got there's yet sad

Choccy's picture
Choccy
Offline
Joined: 9-12-04
May 6 2009 19:56

Hmmm, posted last Friday!
Still have postal receipt just in case.

Bobby
Offline
Joined: 22-09-05
May 6 2009 20:46
notch8 wrote:
Bobby wrote:
Choccy, I dont have problem with the content of the articles at all silly. Like I say im sure weeler will help you with improving the layout and design such sub-editing like cutting down some of the paragraphs which are too long and bulky. You would know this if you actually done a newspaper journalism course.

You did, and you still couldnt construct a sentence properly, or use correct grammar if your life depended on it!

sorry wait there to I whip out the spel check roll eyes Its only an internet forum called libcom. As you can see, I dont put much effort into writing posts nor re-reading shit to ensure spelling and sentences are correct.

PartyBucket's picture
PartyBucket
Offline
Joined: 23-03-08
May 6 2009 22:17
Bobby wrote:
You would know this if you actually done a newspaper journalism course

Like the one Deezer did when you were still in wee school?

Bobby wrote:
As you can see, I dont put much effort into writing posts

Then why should we take the 'advice' in your posts remotely seriously?

Choccy's picture
Choccy
Offline
Joined: 9-12-04
May 6 2009 22:18

Stop confusing him with words Notch.

here colour this in Bobby

PartyBucket's picture
PartyBucket
Offline
Joined: 23-03-08
May 6 2009 22:26
Choccy wrote:
Stop confusing him with words Notch.

here colour this in Bobby

Heres one he did earlier:

Choccy's picture
Choccy
Offline
Joined: 9-12-04
May 6 2009 23:06
notch8 wrote:
Heres one he did earlier:

A good first effort, with a touch of class and 'expert' advice in the future it can only improve.

Bobby
Offline
Joined: 22-09-05
May 7 2009 10:44
notch8 wrote:
Bobby wrote:
You would know this if you actually done a newspaper journalism course

Like the one Deezer did when you were still in wee school?

Bobby wrote:
As you can see, I dont put much effort into writing posts

Then why should we take the 'advice' in your posts remotely seriously?

deezer only done half of the course.

Bobby
Offline
Joined: 22-09-05
May 7 2009 11:03
Choccy wrote:
notch8 wrote:
Heres one he did earlier:

A good first effort, with a touch of class and 'expert' advice in the future it can only improve.

lol, come on choccy you can do better- try for god and ulster

Choccy's picture
Choccy
Offline
Joined: 9-12-04
May 7 2009 11:10

'for anarchy and ulster' more like

PartyBucket's picture
PartyBucket
Offline
Joined: 23-03-08
May 7 2009 11:19
Bobby wrote:
notch8 wrote:
Bobby wrote:
You would know this if you actually done a newspaper journalism course

Like the one Deezer did when you were still in wee school?

Bobby wrote:
As you can see, I dont put much effort into writing posts

Then why should we take the 'advice' in your posts remotely seriously?

deezer only done half of the course.

You didnt answer the second part; why should we take advice on content from someone whos posts indicate the literacy level of a primary school child, in spite of them having a university education?

sean mallory
Offline
Joined: 24-10-06
May 7 2009 11:43

Ye all clearly have no complex about the W.S.M. Its so obvious you've not got a complex you've just spent almost all the thread about your new magazine talking about us......

sean mallory
Offline
Joined: 24-10-06
May 7 2009 11:44

Ye all clearly have no complex about the W.S.M. Its so obvious you've not got a complex you've just spent almost all the thread about your new magazine talking about us......

PartyBucket's picture
PartyBucket
Offline
Joined: 23-03-08
May 7 2009 11:52

No, we've been having a (sort of) debate with a couple of your members.
So wrong, you posted it twice.

Bobby
Offline
Joined: 22-09-05
May 7 2009 13:22
sean mallory wrote:
Ye all clearly have no complex about the W.S.M. Its so obvious you've not got a complex you've just spent almost all the thread about your new magazine talking about us......

Whats new? Thats Organise! for ye wink

As one their Armagh members said to me 'The Leveller sounds very english'.

BTW, Notch there is never really a debate on libcom- it usually turns into childish debate where everyone exchanges insults and tries to have a laugh.
Thats what I like about it as you cannot do it on anarchist black cat..

PartyBucket's picture
PartyBucket
Offline
Joined: 23-03-08
May 7 2009 13:27
Bobby wrote:
there is never really a debate on libcom- it usually turns into childish debate
Bobby
Offline
Joined: 22-09-05
May 7 2009 14:41

words of wisdom. roll eyes

Choccy's picture
Choccy
Offline
Joined: 9-12-04
May 7 2009 16:04

Bobby is outdoing himself on this thread - good man yourself.

Choccy's picture
Choccy
Offline
Joined: 9-12-04
May 7 2009 16:06
sean mallory wrote:
Ye all clearly have no complex about the W.S.M. Its so obvious you've not got a complex you've just spent almost all the thread about your new magazine talking about us......

Hahahahhahaa, WSM took us off your contact list like a child cos we made fun of em. That's pretty amazing!

georgestapleton's picture
georgestapleton
Offline
Joined: 4-08-05
May 8 2009 16:38

Yes that is what happened.

Jason Cortez
Offline
Joined: 14-11-04
May 11 2009 11:57

You boys love your spats.

Choccy's picture
Choccy
Offline
Joined: 9-12-04
May 11 2009 12:41

Almost twice as many WSM members bused-up to Belfast MayDay at 7am on a Saturday than even bothered getting out of bed for the MayDay parade in Dublin, despite their Dublin membership being bigger by a factor of around 30. Was lol wink

IrrationallyAngry
Offline
Joined: 23-06-05
May 11 2009 13:08

In fairness, nobody else bothered getting out of bed for the Dublin demonstration either. Why should the WSM be the exception?