Craftwork uploads?

Submitted by Spikymike on October 7, 2016

Craftwork's political profile overlaps with mine to some extent and has posted many useful reference texts to the library for which I'm grateful, but not sure uploading the whole of the Verso and Historical Materialism catalogue is such a good idea on this particular site or at least without some separate justification for each upload? Do the admins give any guidance on this in terms of capacity and coverage?

Flint

7 years 5 months ago

In reply to by libcom.org

Submitted by Flint on October 7, 2016

Probably better than hosting articles from Islamist advocates for the Taliban on the front page.

sabot

7 years 5 months ago

Submitted by sabot on October 7, 2016

From what I can tell, libcom host various text including ones which aren't necessarily in full agreement with and usually mentions it in the introduction. Are there particular text which you feel that should include such an intro, or even removed from the library?

Craftwork

7 years 5 months ago

Submitted by Craftwork on October 7, 2016

This Craftwork guy sounds like trouble.

IN all seriousness, I'm not uploading the entire Verso/HM catalogue (although, I could - but I'm not a masochist). Just those that are hard to find and might relate, in some way, to people's interests, and/or are of historical significance (e.g. in past debates). So, for example, the works of Sartre's Critique of Dialectical Reason, or Althusser's On the Reproduction of Capital.

However, I probably won't upload anymore, unless they're classics (e.g. Marx, Luxemburg or Mattick, etc.).

Sike

7 years 5 months ago

Submitted by Sike on October 7, 2016

I for one appreciate Craftwork's prodigious contributions. My only minor issue with them is that the sheer prodigiousness of the uploads at times means that other active posts in the "recent post" thread are pushed off of the front page.

Spikymike

7 years 5 months ago

Submitted by Spikymike on October 8, 2016

Thanks to Craftwork for that further clarification.

Steven.

7 years 5 months ago

Submitted by Steven. on October 12, 2016

Spikymike

Craftwork's political profile overlaps with mine to some extent and has posted many useful reference texts to the library for which I'm grateful, but not sure uploading the whole of the Verso and Historical Materialism catalogue is such a good idea on this particular site or at least without some separate justification for each upload? Do the admins give any guidance on this in terms of capacity and coverage?

yes we are massively appreciative of Craftwork's contributions here.

In terms of capacity, as this is a website, "capacity" is infinite. We want to host basically all text which would be of interest to anarchist/libertarian communists or the workers' movement in general, but ideally with any text which is not in line with our perspective we would explain so in the intro, and hopefully users would contribute critique or links to existing critiques in the comments