Jack White Feedback

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
jack white
Jul 24 2006 09:32
Jack White Feedback

Libcom feedback.   Homepage (after logging in)   I like the menu bar on the left hand side – it’s pretty handy and allows you to navigate around easily. Having the create content links is really cool   On the right hand side its good to have the ‘popular content’ and ‘active forum’ links. Personally I think it would be better if there were 10 instead of just 5 links here. It’s also nice to have the search button here – I think its worth having a link to an advanced search option too. I presume that ‘last viewed’ means last viewed by me?   Is it possible to personalise the home page? i.e. increase the number of links or have feeds from the different parts of the site? I guess if this isn’t already part of the planned change it’s probably a pointless (and possibly annoying!) suggestion but I thought I’d mention it anyway.   Forums page. Not too much to say here – I think the layout is clean and clear. Is it possible for the topic to be identified under ‘last post’? This is handy if you’re keeping an eye on something that’s moving fast. The 'my discussions' option is really cool btw. Could this be linked to from the homepage? The 'track' page when you click on someone else's username is also useful.    Look: I don’t like posting purely negative comments but I really dislike the new text colour. I don’t think the ‘gold / brown’ looks very well against either the white or gray.   In the forums the text size for the usernames is a little too large, and the size for the forum posts too small – I know this can be changed in the browser…   Ok, hope this is of some use, I’ll post more if I see anything useful. Fair play again to all of ye for the work this must be taking. (edited to add points) 

libcom's picture
libcom
Jul 24 2006 11:39

Homepage (after logging in) I like the menu bar on the left hand side – it’s pretty handy and allows you to navigate around easily. Having the create content links is really cool

There'll be more of that later on as we transfer the other sections of the site though - everything is going to be fully integrated (although still different sections).

On the right hand side its good to have the ‘popular content’ and ‘active forum’ links. Personally I think it would be better if there were 10 instead of just 5 links here.

That's easy to set. Trying to work out where to put these and leave space for more feeds etc. but will bear in mind.

Quote:
  It’s also nice to have the search button here – I think its worth having a link to an advanced search option too. I presume that ‘last viewed’ means last viewed by me?

I think last viewed is last viewed by anyone. The search needs a while to build up, as soon as it's functioning we'll look into more search options.   

Quote:
Is it possible to personalise the home page? i.e. increase the number of links or have feeds from the different parts of the site?

A lot of the feeds on the old site are shut down for various reasons, the front page will be feedtastic though in a month or so. 

Quote:
Not too much to say here – I think the layout is clean and clear. Is it possible for the topic to be identified under ‘last post’? This is handy if you’re keeping an eye on something that’s moving fast.

That's a bit tricky with this software, but it's something we'll be working on as soon as the basics are up and running. What you can do is go to libcom.org.uk/tracker which shows you all the latest content (equivalent to "new posts" in phpbb). Haven't worked out where to put the link for that yet though.  

Quote:
The 'my discussions' option is really cool btw. Could this be linked to from the homepage?

We can probably put a link to it next to my account, will look into that! Didn't even know it was there ;)  

Quote:
I don’t like posting purely negative comments but I really dislike the new text colour. I don’t think the ‘gold / brown’ looks very well against either the white or gray.In the forums the text size for the usernames is a little too large, and the size for the forum posts too small – I know this can be changed in the browser…

This is default for the theme we're using, it'll change probably later today. All this is really helpful, keep it coming!