Aimé Césaire

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
heartskat
Apr 18 2008 13:49
Aimé Césaire

Aimé Césaire died yesterday. I am not the kind of person who gets upset by a famous person's death. I have to admit, I feel a bit empty. It is like a whole perdiod died along with him. A period where people would debate, desagree, agree and have all strong personnal points of view. A period where you could see on the frech TV chomsky and foucault having an hour show starting on the necessity of the abolishion of the State. A time when it was actually super interesting to listen to the radio ( France Culture is the only one still holding the fort) especially during election time even if you did not fucking vote. Am I being nostalic of a time which stopped when I got 20? Of course I am, who wouldn't?
Today's " thinkers and "intellectuals" are BHL and Finkelkraut. Now you understand this empty feeling.

To know more about papa Césaire go read or re read: Discourse on Colonialism , and for a more poetic approach Return to my Native Land.

Ok, at the end of is life he did crap stuff like supporting Ségolène Royal and finally accepted to meet Sarko after he first refused. But (I'm being all melo) that's not the image I'll keep of him. Adié

heartskat
Apr 19 2008 16:45

and today is Germaine Tillon's turn!