Antifa: The Anti-Fascist Handbook by Mark Bray

Submitted by potrokin on September 13, 2017

If there is anyone out there who has read this- what do people out there think of this book? What do folks out there think of what Mark Bray has to say about antifa and antif-fascism?

adri

6 years 7 months ago

In reply to by libcom.org

Submitted by adri on September 13, 2017

Haven't read it like I said. The Amazon reviews are nothing to go by though, which is the downside of all the publicity he's recently got, people who haven't even read it giving negative reviews. Is there a reason why nobody has uploaded it (or for that matter similar books like Against the Fascist Creep) to libcom yet, like out of courtesy to the author and publisher (which I understand, but I don't really like the idea of not making digital texts available when they can easily be reproduced)?

Khawaga

6 years 7 months ago

Submitted by Khawaga on September 13, 2017

Jim

Probably worth starting a new thread if people want to discuss Bray's book. It's excellent, he's solid and I'm writing a review which will hopefully be up on the site at some point.

Potrokin, I'm sure you started this thread based on what Jim wrote on the documentary thread, but hopefully he may chime in before he's written up his review? Paging Jim... I'd also like to know more about this book (and Bray, who I'd never heard of before tbh).

Juan Conatz

6 years 7 months ago

Submitted by Juan Conatz on September 13, 2017

Haven't read this but I picked up Against the Fascist Creep some months ago. I found the author's writing style a bit difficult to get through. Hard to really describe but I did not end up finishing it. Have people seen actual reviews of that or Bray's book?

jura

6 years 7 months ago

Submitted by jura on September 13, 2017

Get the book here http://libgen.io/ads.php?md5=B2B2A5B1F251322DA253B9373BD7CDB0

Black Badger

6 years 7 months ago

Submitted by Black Badger on September 13, 2017

I ordered it last month, but it still hasn't been delivered...
It's got to be better than "Against the Fascist Creep," which is overflowing with innuendo and guilt by association.

Juan Conatz

6 years 7 months ago

Submitted by Juan Conatz on September 13, 2017

I'm assuming you say this because of its mention of the post-left? Or I am thinking of something else?