Best and worst anarcho-syndicalist reads

Submitted by syndicalist on August 2, 2019

Just curious what, if any, are folks best & worst writings by anarcho-syndicalists, revolutionary syndicalists.

Yes, of course, I'm aways of the Libcom Anarcho-syndicalist reading list. Just curious what folks have found of interest aside from these.

Links, of course, welcomed.

tinneddirt

4 years 7 months ago

In reply to by libcom.org

Submitted by tinneddirt on August 13, 2019

I really like Fighting for Ourselves. For what it is (a long pamphlet, with all the compromises in what it can cover and what it has to simplify or brush over that creates), it does very well at achieving what it sets out to do. I wish other forms of anarchism had intros that good.

Sike

4 years 7 months ago

Submitted by Sike on August 13, 2019

I found the book Anarcho-syndicalism in the 20th Century by Vadim Damier to be informative.

Entdinglichung

4 years 7 months ago

Submitted by Entdinglichung on August 14, 2019

worst:

Federica Montseny on a meeting in Madrid, 31/08/1936, reported in Solidaridad Obrera (02/09/1936), found in Vernon Richards: Lessons of the Spanish Revolution. Third edition (Freedom Press, London, 1983/1995):

“… with the enemy lacking dignity or a conscience, without a feeling of being Spaniards, because if they were Spaniards, if they were patriots, they would not have let loose on Spain the Regulars and the Moors to impose the civilisation of the Fascists, not as a Christian civilisation, but as a Moorish civilisation, people we went to colonise for them now to come and colonise us, with religious principles and political ideas which they wish to impose on the minds of the Spanish people“.

syndicalist

4 years 7 months ago

Submitted by syndicalist on August 14, 2019

Entdinglichung

worst:

Federica Montseny on a meeting in Madrid, 31/08/1936, reported in Solidaridad Obrera (02/09/1936), found in Vernon Richards: Lessons of the Spanish Revolution. Third edition (Freedom Press, London, 1983/1995):

“… with the enemy lacking dignity or a conscience, without a feeling of being Spaniards, because if they were Spaniards, if they were patriots, they would not have let loose on Spain the Regulars and the Moors to impose the civilization of the Fascists, not as a Christian civilisation, but as a Moorish civilisation, people we went to colonise for them now to come and colonise us, with religious principles and political ideas which they wish to impose on the minds of the Spanish people“.

Nasty