Birthday Tattoo

59 posts / 0 new
Last post
BrazillianJiuJitsu1992's picture
BrazillianJiuJi...
Oct 27 2011 10:45
Birthday Tattoo

Hey Guys, 19 today, It is time for a tattoo.

I wanted an A symbol on the rights shoulder hammer and sickle on the left and sleeping rose poem by bobby sands, is this overkill and lame?

I always loved that poem and been set on a tattoo for ages, but I am paranoid it will come out shit.

What you reckon?

bastarx
Oct 27 2011 11:39

Tattoos are shit and once you're past about 22 so are birthdays.

Steven.'s picture
Steven.
Oct 27 2011 11:52

I would be wary of political tattoos: one libcom poster got a red and black star tattoo a few years back and two years later joined the Communist Party…

Arbeiten's picture
Arbeiten
Oct 27 2011 14:23

yeah bro I would say stay away from political tattoos. Get a tattoo by all means, but not a political one (as unfortunate as it may seem, you may later become a conservative. Look at how you have already developed, chucking out that Mao shite. Imagine if 2 years ago you decided you want a Maoist tattoo!. Also on the hammer and sickle, I am personally against communists fetishizing a symbol that doesn't even represent the mode of production anymore*)

*unless, you live in a country that still largely bashes things with hammers and cuts things with sickles of course. In which case, i will shut up.

BrazillianJiuJi...
Oct 27 2011 18:51

Too late guys, just payed and got the designs drawn up, a black Hammer and sickle on right shoulder, Black Anarchist Symbol on left, even as a maoist I always said I was an anarchist who saw the need to build the revolutionary state to dismantle the state eventually, so both H&M and Anarchist symbol are representative of my Ideology.

If I ever turn conservative, I deserve these tattoos reminding myself how cool I used to be and how much of a wanker I became smile

The Bobby sands poem will be done at christmass as its 300 to 400 pounds depending on the font.

Juan Conatz's picture
Juan Conatz
Oct 27 2011 20:35

I have class war in olde english on my knuckles. Seemed like a good idea at the time, but sometimes I regret them when I'm trying to get a damn job.

Still, it's probably better than what I almost got on my neck (a Puerto Rican flag with an AK47 on it, a banner the Young Lords used)

BrazillianJiuJi...
Oct 27 2011 22:55
Juan Conatz wrote:
I have class war in olde english on my knuckles. Seemed like a good idea at the time, but sometimes I regret them when I'm trying to get a damn job.

Still, it's probably better than what I almost got on my neck (a Puerto Rican flag with an AK47 on it, a banner the Young Lords used)

I wanted a Black Panther Party design I created but it was really big and intricate so it would cost me around 600 pounds, so no way I can get that right now.

What happened to the yound lords, Fred Hampton attempted to get them into a rainbow coalition with the BPP, AIM etc, did that fall through after Hamptons assasination?

PartyBucket's picture
PartyBucket
Oct 27 2011 21:06

Fuck Bobby Sands....HES DEID!

BrazillianJiuJi...
Oct 27 2011 22:56
PartyBucket wrote:

Fuck Bobby Sands....HES DEID!

British Chauvanism is ugly.

Steven.'s picture
Steven.
Oct 28 2011 09:26

Party bucket is Irish, he just doesn't support Irish nationalism.

Chilli Sauce's picture
Chilli Sauce
Oct 28 2011 09:28
Juan Conatz wrote:

I have to say Juan, that was not at all the image of you I had in my head.

@ the OP: I got a tattoo of a punk band (don't ask because I'm not telling) when I was like 17. While I don't regret getting a tattoo, but I wouldn't get that tattoo if I did it over again....

Juan Conatz's picture
Juan Conatz
Oct 28 2011 09:33
Chilli Sauce wrote:
I have to say Juan, that was not at all the image of you I had in my head.

Not sure how to take that...

Choccy's picture
Choccy
Oct 28 2011 09:36

WILL YOU FIGHT TO UNITED OLD IRELAND?
WILL YOU WEAR THE BLACK BERET?

JoeMaguire's picture
JoeMaguire
Oct 28 2011 09:43

Is BJJ1992 English?

gypsy
Oct 28 2011 10:00
JoeMaguire wrote:
Is BJJ1992 English?

he looks it. A Priviledged white anglo saxon.

PartyBucket's picture
PartyBucket
Oct 28 2011 10:12
gypsy wrote:
JoeMaguire wrote:
Is BJJ1992 English?

Thats a bit much to infer from a few posts. If hes leaving the Maoism behind, hopefully he can do the same with the romanticism about Irish nationalism.
I reckon American....the phrase 'British Chauvanism' I've only ever heard said by Americans.

BrazillianJiuJi...
Oct 28 2011 10:13
PartyBucket wrote:
gypsy wrote:
JoeMaguire wrote:
Is BJJ1992 English?

Thats a bit much to infer from a few posts. If hes leaving the Maoism behind, hopefully he can do the same with the romanticism about Irish nationalism.
I reckon American....the phrase 'British Chauvanism' I've only ever heard said by Americans.

I never said I had left Maoism behind.

BrazillianJiuJi...
Oct 28 2011 10:15
PartyBucket wrote:
gypsy wrote:
JoeMaguire wrote:
Is BJJ1992 English?

If an anglo saxon had been at dale farm there would of been no fuss, they would of been cleared off lol

PartyBucket's picture
PartyBucket
Oct 28 2011 10:25
BrazillianJiuJitsu1992 wrote:

You arent also AnarchoMaoist1992 by any chance? Or was 1992 a good year for AnarchoMaoism?

Steven.'s picture
Steven.
Oct 28 2011 11:09

You lot, lay off the new poster immediately, this is a warning.

This discussion is about tattoos.

jef costello's picture
jef costello
Oct 28 2011 11:12
gypsy wrote:
A Priviledged white anglo saxon.

The only remaining victims of prejudice.

Arbeiten's picture
Arbeiten
Oct 28 2011 11:21

I would fucking love to get class war tattooed on my knuckles. But yeah, I don't imagine it gives a great first impression!

bastarx
Oct 28 2011 11:31

Wouldn't it be CLAS SWAR?

jef costello's picture
jef costello
Oct 28 2011 11:33

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mIBKifOOQQ

Arbeiten's picture
Arbeiten
Oct 28 2011 11:38

No CLAß WAR! is how I would do it....

Auld-bod's picture
Auld-bod
Oct 28 2011 12:30

I had an apprentice, who got paralytic one weekend with his mates, and as a dare had the red hand of Ulster tattooed on his forearm. Next morning he discovered that several of the red fingers looked as if they were badly afflicted with arthritis.
A few months later; during a running fight, he got a dart in the back of his head.
About a year after this he became a Trot. Is this what is called a natural progression?
(If you are reading this John, I hope you’re OK.)

BrazillianJiuJi...
Oct 28 2011 12:37
Auld-bod wrote:
I had an apprentice, who got paralytic one weekend with his mates, and as a dare had the red hand of Ulster tattooed on his forearm. Next morning he discovered that several of the red fingers looked as if they were badly afflicted with arthritis.
A few months later; during a running fight, he got a dart in the back of his head.
About a year after this he became a Trot. Is this what is called a natural progression?
(If you are reading this John, I hope you’re OK.)

Blockbuster material grin

JoeMaguire's picture
JoeMaguire
Oct 28 2011 13:24
Steven. wrote:
You lot, lay off the new poster immediately, this is a warning.

This discussion is about tattoos.

Apologises for bringing it up, but he mentioned pounds somewhere, which along with maoism and mention of supporting irish nationalism threw me a little.

Chilli Sauce wrote:
@ the OP: I got a tattoo of a punk band (don't ask because I'm not telling) when I was like 17. While I don't regret getting a tattoo, but I wouldn't get that tattoo if I did it over again....

I bet its Dropkick Murphys.

Boris Badenov
Oct 28 2011 14:56
PartyBucket wrote:
BrazillianJiuJitsu1992 wrote:

You arent also AnarchoMaoist1992 by any chance? Or was 1992 a good year for AnarchoMaoism?

laugh out loud

Re tattoos, they're all shit. Worst offenders though are those that have a "special meaning" to the bellend what got them (i.e. political symbols, band logos, wise sayings, portrait of dead grandmother etc.).

sabot's picture
sabot
Oct 28 2011 16:00
JoeMaguire wrote:
Chilli Sauce wrote:

I bet its Dropkick Murphys.

My moneys on Crass

Jim Clarke's picture
Jim Clarke
Oct 28 2011 16:20

Isn't it the same one as Fall Back?