How do you deal with your raging, crackling, scorching anger?

Submitted by Vlad The Inhaler on July 24, 2018

I realise talking to Tories is a bad idea generally but sometimes it is simply unavoidable. When I do, I find myself needing to go and stand somewhere dark and quiet for a while because the desire to cave their f*cking head in is so strong. Its not even the sociopathic, arrogant ones that get to me. Its the calm, "reasonable" types that take me to a level of quite critical fury.

boozemonarchy

5 years 9 months ago

In reply to by libcom.org

Submitted by boozemonarchy on July 24, 2018

Oh just some depression and anxiety.

wojtek

5 years 9 months ago

Submitted by wojtek on July 24, 2018

What did they say?

jondwhite

5 years 9 months ago

Submitted by jondwhite on July 24, 2018

I've never considered anger a political expression and angry political campaigners put me off as they are appealing to (their) emotion not reason. I realise a lot of people are guided by their emotions and a lot of radicals by anger.

Vlad The Inhaler

5 years 9 months ago

Submitted by Vlad The Inhaler on July 24, 2018

I didn't argue angrily, although I did made clear my utter distaste for their moral complacency. I'm just saying, afterwards the frustration at the casual and complacent cruelty of people that vote Tory makes my blood boil. Part of it is that talking to these people in a rational way feels like an anathema when we're dealing with atrocities like Grenfell or the thousands of disabled people pushed to their early deaths by the DWP. These are affronts to human decency.

jondwhite

5 years 9 months ago

Submitted by jondwhite on July 25, 2018

I think they are mainly supporting the Tories to defend (their perceived) class privilege, not to inflict atrocities like Grenfell or cuts to welfare.

cactus9

5 years 8 months ago

Submitted by cactus9 on July 29, 2018

I save it up for use in case of the apocalypse.