International Union of Anarchists?

Submitted by klas batalo on July 30, 2013

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Union_of_Anarchists

Anyone know much about these folks? I've checked out a few of their sites for their separate sections.

I know one of the guys from their group in Israel/Palestine talks on the Anarcho-Syndicalist group on FB.

Thought it was interesting that they are mostly ex-RKAS and some ex-AD.

Seem sorta like a more anarcho-communist IFA?

Anyways if anyone has more information, opinions/constructive criticism, whatever on these folks, I'm interested in hearing it.

akai

10 years 8 months ago

In reply to by libcom.org

Submitted by akai on July 30, 2013

While I suppose they m are well-intentioned and in Israel and perhaps a few places there are some groups,but in others it is just some individual members, so I wouldn't call it a proper international of organizations. I suppose some of them are trying to organize around Russian diaspora. Don't have any political criticism of them, but did attend a talk by one guy and found it to be mythology in the making and I felt he was trying to mislead people. (Big time! And he took much more time to tell his stories than anybody in much larger organizations.) As I said, it isn't really functioning groups in some places. But of course not opposed to their organizing efforts if they act like a normal anarcho-communist federation.

Entdinglichung

10 years 8 months ago

Submitted by Entdinglichung on July 30, 2013

http://iua.an-com.org/faq-iua says:

The IUA was established in an effort aimed to keep connection between the sections after the breakup of RCAS. The question of joining to IFA was raised at the begining. But for now there are a lot of new activists, who don't know enough about IFA, and it would be foolish to drag them thereto. We don't deny a probability of merger of our organizations later on (if the principles and goals will be identic).

from their English-language stuff, it seems that they are basically confined to the former Soviet Union and its Diaspora

akai

10 years 8 months ago

It would be good if anarcho-communists and more revolutionary anarchists organized outside of IFA. IFA is sort of dragged down by its synthesist elements. They might be in a minority in fact these days, but seem to have quite a lot of influence.

akai

10 years 8 months ago

It would be good if anarcho-communists and more revolutionary anarchists organized outside of IFA. IFA is sort of dragged down by its synthesist elements. They might be in a minority in fact these days, but seem to have quite a lot of influence.

Serge Forward

10 years 8 months ago

Submitted by Serge Forward on July 30, 2013

IFA is sort of dragged down by its synthesist elements.

Akai, you are not only completely inaccurate but totally sectarian. Clueless or what :roll:

klas batalo

10 years 8 months ago

I got the sense that most of IFA is barely "synthesist" anymore, and essentially social anarchist regrouping anarcho-communists and anarcho-syndicalists, but leaving out the individualists for the most part.

Serge Forward

10 years 8 months ago

Submitted by Serge Forward on July 30, 2013

Klasbatalo you are correct. In fact, I'm not even sure if there are any individualists left.

klas batalo

10 years 8 months ago

semi off topic but is Devrimci Anarşist Faaliyet/Revolutionary Anarchist Action affiliated to any international grouping?

Agent of the I…

10 years 8 months ago

Submitted by Agent of the I… on July 30, 2013

We need an International of Internationals!

akai

10 years 8 months ago

Submitted by akai on July 31, 2013

There are lots of different political ideas floating around in some parts of the IFA and strange things that the IFA does not want to deal with (insurrectionalists, incident in Bulgaria). Either English speakers are clueless about what these issues with some groups' politics or they are being defensive and misleading. By the way, I already know the answers to this comment since I know which people are on this forum and already saw how they avoid issues by reaching for their poor armament of political names. I made no particular reference to individualists.

klas batalo

10 years 8 months ago

Submitted by klas batalo on July 31, 2013

Well what are the issues you see akai? I might be one of these clueless ones.

Serge Forward

10 years 8 months ago

Submitted by Serge Forward on July 31, 2013

Heard it all before, Akai. You made a snidey comment but you have form for this sort of thing.