Kämpa Tillsammans, who are they?

76 posts / 0 new
Last post
ronan
Jun 3 2008 18:51

Kim, thank you very much for your response, I'm pleased to see that you don't take a 'knee jerk' anti union position in regards to the SAC as is the case with some groups. As for your second answer I'll have to think it over, but initially I think that this historical example doesn't give a fully satisfactory solution to the problem I posed. I'll think on it.

Thanks.

altemark's picture
altemark
Aug 3 2008 15:17

ronan: this discussion is intesresting. have you thought any further after kim's response?

robot's picture
robot
Aug 3 2008 18:40

For the German language readers at libcom–We are about to publish an article about SACs register method for non-documented workers in our SyndiKal 2009 pocket agenda that will be out by early september. We are translating the Kämpa Tillsammans text on the register into German right now and intend to make both texts into a booklet about "The register as a syndicalist tool" later this year. If someone should be interested in the German text about the register from the SyndiKal 2009, please pm me.

Kim Müller
Aug 8 2008 10:06

robot: Are there any unions that organize non-documented workers in Germany?

altemark and ronan: In this short text I write a bit about why we see the workplace struggle as so central and our strategical view on faceless resistance and self-activity "Självaktivitet, strategi och klassmakt" (Self-activitety, strategy and class power" - but it is not translated to any other language yet so its just in Swedish
http://kimmuller.wordpress.com/2008/08/05/sjalvaktivitet-strategi-och-klassmakt/

And for the scandinavians out there: an anthology with our writings will be released in the autumn/winter. Most of the stuff is already on our website but the book will also contain some of our older stuff that isn´t published on the internet yet.

Khawaga's picture
Khawaga
Aug 8 2008 10:53

hey kim, from where can I order that book? From you?

I can probably translate that article you linked to as it's pretty short (I am still working on the An Introdution to militant investigation as a method... it's just very very long). When I've finished with it I'll forward it to you.

Kim Müller
Aug 8 2008 11:25

Hi Khawaga, we don´t take orders for the book yet, but when it is finished I will put info up here. But if you send me a pm with your address I will send you a book for free, it´s the least I can do for all your help with translations.

It would be cool if you translated "självaktivitet,...", I think it could explain a few things that we haven´t said anything about. Someday soon there will also be an comment/short sequel on it.

robot's picture
robot
Aug 8 2008 13:06
Kim Müller wrote:
robot: Are there any unions that organize non-documented workers in Germany?

We habe a couple of non-documented in the FAU but in fact they are very few. No other union organizes non-documented workers. The situation in Germany seems to be quite different to Sweden. Non-documented people are not allowed to work and there are fines as well for the employer as for the worker, if the police, the financial police or the public security offices catch them. The normal way is that the workers will be deported to their country of origin or another one and thus will never get their wage and the boss is sentenced to pay a moderate fine. There even have been cases were the boss anonymously called the police because of the fine being much lower than the wage he had to pay to the (deported) workers. Nevertheless there is of course lots of non-documted workers around but they have very limited possibilties for bargaining, because they don't have any legal rights.

Kim Müller
Aug 11 2008 18:30

Yeah, it seems like it´s easier to deport the workers in Germany then, but when it comes to work, they really don´t have any legal rights either.

Anyway, some of the fight have been reported on and have been "open" (like blockades) but most of the work have been concealed so to speak, no officiel bargaining and so furth. More like saying - if you don´t raise the wages we will take actions that will hurt your economy (and not meaning blockades and stuff).

Khawaga's picture
Khawaga
Sep 4 2008 14:14
Quote:
altemark and ronan: In this short text I write a bit about why we see the workplace struggle as so central and our strategical view on faceless resistance and self-activity "Självaktivitet, strategi och klassmakt" (Self-activitety, strategy and class power" - but it is not translated to any other language yet so its just in Swedish

This text is now translated and in the library.

Kattmannen's picture
Kattmannen
Sep 26 2008 16:33

Kim> Are your group behind this reading/study group posted on Motkraft? Didn't say who was organizing it...
If so, do you need another participant? Couldn't come to the introduction due to another meeting with my local.
If not it seems your ideas are spreading...

http://www.motkraft.net/kalendarium/1010

Kim Müller
Sep 28 2008 16:13

Kattmannen - No, its not us. it´s people who was active in SAM - stockholms autonoma marxister a few years back, which I think have got some newly found interest to get into these studies (which sounds very interesting, but I am in completly different town so I can´t participate). I think that it is possible to still join the group.

altemark's picture
altemark
Oct 3 2008 12:42

Kattmannen: It is completely OK to join after the first meeting. The themes that are taken up are not really tied together in a way that makes it difficult to get into the studies. They are more like modules that can be handled individually if needed. So please join us!

At the first meeting we also saw this movie, which wildcat (DE) made available http://www.prol-position.net/nl/2007/08/marghera

Kim Müller
Aug 10 2009 20:47

For those interested of the radical swedish workers movement or Kämpa tillsammans! this interview might be interesting, and of course the blog which with the interview is made:
The interview -
http://kimmuller.wordpress.com/2009/08/10/notes-from-the-swedish-workers-movement-an-interview/

The blog Notes from the Swedish workers movement:
http://swedishzine.wordpress.com/

ronan
Aug 10 2009 21:41

I should also add that an article about Kampa Tillsammans is forthcoming in the next (and first) issue of WSM's 'Ideas and Action' .

Johan's picture
Johan
Nov 7 2009 18:06

For those that speak swedish there is a new Kämpa Tillsammans! collection of texts out as a paperback. you can get it on for instance adlibris.

prec@riat's picture
prec@riat
Dec 10 2009 07:00

How similar is the 'register' system to the (no longer existing?) 'ganging' system described by Colin Ward and others in the old British 'Anarchy' mag?

Kim Müller
Dec 10 2009 19:02
prec@riat wrote:
How similar is the 'register' system to the (no longer existing?) 'ganging' system described by Colin Ward and others in the old British 'Anarchy' mag?

I don´t really know, can you describe the ganging system or do you have a link?

Btw - the gjazz would be some kind of smart spambot, the content of the post is an earlier post by khawaga translated to french, probably by a google translator or something similar.

Steven.'s picture
Steven.
Dec 10 2009 20:56
Johan wrote:
For those that speak swedish there is a new Kämpa Tillsammans! collection of texts out as a paperback. you can get it on for instance adlibris.

any plans to translate any of it?

Khawaga's picture
Khawaga
Dec 10 2009 21:00

Speaking of which, I've yet to receive my copy Kim... When I get a copy and have some time I'll try to translate parts of it.

prec@riat's picture
prec@riat
Dec 10 2009 23:47
Kim Müller wrote:
prec@riat wrote:

The only reference I can find on-line is within: this

Obviously it's utility for "high productivity" is not very interesting to me (though it may be a 'study' to point out at a bargaining table)... The interesting aspect is that while it entails self-management of the work-process, there isn't the self-management of capital as seen in co-ops. So the ability for struggle around material demands (pay packets, safety equipment, etc.) and class conflict is still there (while also providing a collective lived experience of how to produce for use without "bosses").

Kim Müller
Dec 12 2009 09:30

About 50% of the texts are translated to english, they can be found here:
http://kampatillsammans.wordpress.com/category/english/

Khawaga: I will look into it.

Kim Müller
Dec 12 2009 09:49
prec@riat wrote:
Kim Müller wrote:
prec@riat wrote:

The only reference I can find on-line is within: this

Obviously it's utility for "high productivity" is not very interesting to me (though it may be a 'study' to point out at a bargaining table)... The interesting aspect is that while it entails self-management of the work-process, there isn't the self-management of capital as seen in co-ops. So the ability for struggle around material demands (pay packets, safety equipment, etc.) and class conflict is still there (while also providing a collective lived experience of how to produce for use without "bosses").

I am no expert on the register method, but it doesn´t seem to be so similar. At least "the old version" of the register method was not very concerned about how the actual work was performed (but it had some similar consequenses nevertheless) but was a way of selling and distributing work -
for example, the SAC had almost all lumberjacks in one area, so when a company wanted 50 lumberjacks they couldnt just put up an advert for 50 workers but had to turn to SAC who then decided which workers was next in line for work (and who needed it the most) and also the wage (how much the work was worth). This method was much more problematic when SAC didnt have "monopholy" of the workforce. From what I have heard, SAC-organised construction workers in Stockholm later on really screwed up and didnt act much better then scabs - they were organized in co-op and didnt have bosses, so the workers got to keep more of the money for themselves, which sounds great of course, but it also meant that they sold their services cheaper then the non-SAC firms and thus they effectivly helped the companies reduce the cost for labor (which of course put more pressure on construction workers not organized in SAC). After a while SAC decided to dissolve this co-op I think.

But I also know that nowadays some of the registery also elect there foremen, (among the sans papir workers in stockholm I think) but maybe Altemark knows more about that.

Steven.'s picture
Steven.
Dec 12 2009 13:37
Kim Müller wrote:
About 50% of the texts are translated to english, they can be found here:
http://kampatillsammans.wordpress.com/category/english/

Khawaga: I will look into it.

thanks, that's great. If anyone has the time to post any of these that we don't have into the library that would be excellent.

Jason Cortez
Dec 12 2009 20:51

I am on it now.

Jason Cortez
Dec 12 2009 21:02

As far as I can see you have all the ones in English already except "Communism of Attack and Communism of Withdrawal was first publiced in riff-raff #7." which says it is a rough translation. If you want it, i will post under Riff Raff. BTW I met the bloke behind the Red Notes the other night and he was very grateful for al the effort you guys did in transferring the stuff over from geocities and hosting it here.

Steven.'s picture
Steven.
Dec 12 2009 21:36
Jason Cortez wrote:
As far as I can see you have all the ones in English already except "Communism of Attack and Communism of Withdrawal was first publiced in riff-raff #7." which says it is a rough translation. If you want it, i will post under Riff Raff. BTW I met the bloke behind the Red Notes the other night and he was very grateful for al the effort you guys did in transferring the stuff over from geocities and hosting it here.

okay, that's great, thanks.

That's cool with red notes, you think he would be up for helping out with libcom a bit, or putting more of his stuff up?

Jason Cortez
Dec 13 2009 00:10

I think he said everything was on geocities that was on the net. He also mentioned that all of the originals and translations are stored at SOAS and he would publish an index here, so people would know what was available. So he might well be willing to do more.

Jason Cortez
Dec 13 2009 00:19

The riff raff article is 34 pages long, how do I go about separating it into manageable lengths and still connect them?

Steven.'s picture
Steven.
Dec 13 2009 13:49
Jason Cortez wrote:
The riff raff article is 34 pages long, how do I go about separating it into manageable lengths and still connect them?

as it's only a rough translation, just posting up the PDF file would be sufficient I reckon. http://www.riff-raff.se/en/7/attack_rough.pdf

You know how to do that? Just click file attachments then add it that way, then make sure the box saying "list" is checked.

JFG
Jul 24 2012 01:24

A new, quite extensive article by Kämpa Tillsammans! was published online this year's First of May: Lönlösa liv – strategiska anteckningar till ett proletariat utan arbete och arbetarrörelse ("Wageless lives – strategical notes to a proletariat without work or workers' movement").

The article will be included in a forthcoming anthology on the themes of crisis, criticism and class struggle issued by KT! and Motarbetaren ("The Counterworker") as the first in the new publication series Vår Makt ("Our Power"). This series is tied to the Vår Makt-conferences on class struggle, which have been held annually in Sweden since 2003, and is an attempt to deepen and further develop this initiative. To contact KT!, write to Motarbetaren motarbetaren [nospam] gmail.com

These are the subheadings of the article:

* VÅR MAKT, DERAS DEMOKRATI ("OUR POWER, THEIR DEMOCRACY")

* HISTORIENS GRÄNS ("THE LIMIT OF HISTORY")

* INSTÄNGDA I FABRIKERNA, UTSLÄNGDA PÅ ROSTBÄLTET ("TRAPPED IN THE FACTORIES, EXPELLED ON THE RUST BELT")

* MOTMAKTENS CENTRALISERING ("THE CENTRALISATION OF COUNTER-POWER")

* KRIG OCH ARBETSLÖSHET ("WAR AND UNEMPLOYMENT")

* ÖVERBEFOLKNING SOM PROLETARISERING ("OVER-POPULATION AS PROLETARIANIZATION")

* JORDENS FÖRDÖMDA ("THE WRETCHED OF THE EARTH")

* KLASSEN UTAN FRAMTID ("THE CLASS WITHOUT FUTURE")

* DET INFORMELLA PROLETARIATETS MAKTMEDEL ("THE INSTRUMENTS OF POWER OF THE INFORMAL PROLETARIAT")

* FRÅN BLOCKADER I BUENOS AIRES TILL BRÄNDER I LONDON ("FROM BLOCKADES IN BUENOS AIRES TO BURNOUTS IN LONDON")

* MATERIELLT OCH FORMELLT PARTI ("MATERIAL AND FORMAL PARTY")

* AGORAN SOM KOMMUNISTISK SAMMANSÄTTNING? ("THE AGORA AS COMMUNIST COMPOSITION?")