Labour Candidates 2019

Submitted by Noah Fence on November 16, 2019

Just a simple one if anybody can help...

Does anyone know how many members of the Blair/Brown government are standing in this election? I tried google to no avail but the figure must be out there somewhere?

Thanks in advance.

Reddebrek

4 years 5 months ago

In reply to by libcom.org

Submitted by Reddebrek on November 18, 2019

Do you mean ministers or MPs who have been outspokenly supportive of Blair and Brown?

Noah Fence

4 years 5 months ago

Submitted by Noah Fence on November 18, 2019

Those who were MPs in the last administration really, though info on their voting/open support of the war and Brown’s fiscal shenanigans might be helpful too.

Reddebrek

4 years 5 months ago

Submitted by Reddebrek on November 18, 2019

That would be several hundred MPs given how long the government lasted and how often it rotated out MPs. I doubt there is a comprehensive list, you could use sites like "Theyworkforyou" to see individual labour MPs voting records though.

I know a lot of the Labour Independents and the ones who went off to form TIG/become Libdems had minor roles in Blair and Browns cabinets.

The nearest Labour MP to me whose still running in this election has always been a backbencher but she was pretty close to the Blairites and very hostile to Corbyn, even tried to get members in here branch expelled last year. Don't know if she's had a change of heart.

Spikymike

4 years 5 months ago

Submitted by Spikymike on November 18, 2019

And of course some of those that bailed out earlier then got plum lobs on local Labour Councils (and in the commercial world) as part of the ongoing two way gravy train!

R Totale

4 years 5 months ago

Submitted by R Totale on November 18, 2019

There's this, which you can set to show both year of election and party affiliation: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_Kingdom_MPs_by_seniority_(2017%E2%80%932019)

Copy/paste that into a spreadsheet and you should be able to get what you want. EDIT: Oh, forgot it doesn't like brackets in links, but whatever, should be simple enough to fix.

Noah Fence

4 years 5 months ago

Submitted by Noah Fence on November 20, 2019

Thanks guys.