Lectures, Interviews, Documentaries and Videos

80 posts / 0 new
Last post
Auld-bod's picture
Auld-bod
Offline
Joined: 9-07-11
May 11 2017 14:18

A Woman Half in Shadow. The story of Zora Neale Hurston, 30min.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08m9kvj

shortshanks red...
Offline
Joined: 4-11-11
Jun 5 2017 09:30

ContraPoints Free Speech
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYUCD5mO1gI

potrokin
Offline
Joined: 28-05-16
Sep 2 2017 16:03

Rememberance on Xantiar
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5xnznFzLek

Today on Xantiar
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2o4W4-ULjM

shortshanks red...
Offline
Joined: 4-11-11
Jul 17 2017 15:44

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9QTQ7yxExQ

propofread's picture
propofread
Offline
Joined: 17-07-17
Jul 22 2017 21:04

Well-made educational series by French tv channel ARTE on the history of anarchism between 1840-1945.

https://www.dailymotion.com/playlist/x4ybbn

potrokin
Offline
Joined: 28-05-16
Sep 2 2017 16:02

How To Make Oat Milk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvvgwVpQ_dc

Edit: Having actually tried this I can certainly say that it needed the emulsifiers that the stuff in the shop has and wasn't that great. Also the stuff you get in the shop is fortified with vitamins, unlike this stuff.

delaqua5
Offline
Joined: 27-07-17
Jul 27 2017 11:07

Well made informative website full of usefull texts, facts, and political cases:https://warsawinstitute.org/ . I suppose it's worth checking if you have some spare time.

Khawaga's picture
Khawaga
Offline
Joined: 7-08-06
Jul 27 2017 14:10

That site is utter shite.

Reddebrek's picture
Reddebrek
Offline
Joined: 4-01-12
Jul 28 2017 04:46

I have a few documentaries and Labour films like Kameradschafft, Strike and Salt of the Earth on my channel I also was making videos (well slideshows really) to go along with episodes of Utah Phillips Loafers Glory -a peoples history of America with a lot of obscure music mixed in- but the content id system made me cool off after awhile, https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLs2TxwyLLUrgExyZDmD1k_TQn4E0debWS

potrokin
Offline
Joined: 28-05-16
Sep 2 2017 16:01

Words Hurt People (Anarchopac)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1CUVk2laJQ

proletarian.
Offline
Joined: 15-08-11
Jul 30 2017 14:32

On The Eve of Destruction: A Conversation with John Pilger

Interview with Pilger about recent film The Coming War on China

America Is The Poorest First World Country Linh Dinh

RT Interview with Linh Dinh

potrokin
Offline
Joined: 28-05-16
Sep 2 2017 16:04

The Trouble With Facebook (stimulator)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kt9-XgwWMM4

potrokin
Offline
Joined: 28-05-16
Sep 2 2017 16:05

Fuck Patreon! (stimulator)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1W5bm7b_B0

potrokin
Offline
Joined: 28-05-16
Sep 2 2017 16:05

Calculating Capitalism's Death Toll (Bad Mouse Productions)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnIsdVaCnUE

Capitalism's Death Toll (Part 2)- Bad Mouse Productions
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erLtGnLuOso

Reddebrek's picture
Reddebrek
Offline
Joined: 4-01-12
Aug 8 2017 13:36

Badmouse is pretty interesting he easily has the highest production values of any YT political not backed by a studio.

Also just discovered another anarchist collective making audiobooks of revolutionary texts.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaO1QA8QL99_eb0XhJI2Fyw/about

potrokin
Offline
Joined: 28-05-16
Aug 15 2017 07:15
Reddebrek wrote:
Badmouse is pretty interesting he easily has the highest production values of any YT political not backed by a studio.

Also just discovered another anarchist collective making audiobooks of revolutionary texts.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaO1QA8QL99_eb0XhJI2Fyw/about

I would have to agree with you about Badmouse, it's probably because he is a film-maker. Hey, thankyou for sharing that link- looks interesting.

zugzwang
Offline
Joined: 25-11-16
Aug 15 2017 09:43

I'm not too fond of any of the left libertarian youtubers I've come across. If you want an overview of the Spanish Revolution, which is mostly the modest type of content they produce, I say just read the wiki page. The Pewdiepie-ification of political or historical topics is not how I like such information served to me, and I don't really care for the inside references these videos are invariably filled with, leaving one feeling out of the loop. I'd rather keep things academic and just grab a book, or read a good blog.

potrokin
Offline
Joined: 28-05-16
Sep 2 2017 16:06

Repression 2.0 (stimulator)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fA2yR13ODyM

potrokin
Offline
Joined: 28-05-16
Sep 2 2017 16:06

Nazis- Got Milk? (stimulator)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHtxeKLR638

Noa Rodman
Offline
Joined: 4-11-09
Aug 28 2017 10:10

Potrokin, just for sake of easy loading this page, can you not embed the videos, and instead just provide their title?
--

I wonder how easy it is now for oneself to make a documentary, on history, as someone tried to do for the ICC, or on an issue/society, in the vein of Debord's SotS.

So much footage is available to select from: A/V Geeks Film Archive, British Pathé, CriticalPast, Russian archive, etc.

To construct a visually well-made documentary, and not sloppily assemble the already most familiar footage, not mere illustrations for a scripted lecture (as the cartoons used in Kapitalism101's videos on Capital).

The technical skill to edit is not too great, I guess (I have no clue what the best video-editor programs are tho).

potrokin
Offline
Joined: 28-05-16
Sep 2 2017 15:53

Alpha Males (Contra Points)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6jYB74UQmI

potrokin
Offline
Joined: 28-05-16
Sep 7 2017 18:35

Marx and Engels Were Not Egalitarians (Anarchopac)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIhIM-jge2c

potrokin
Offline
Joined: 28-05-16
Sep 13 2017 10:47

The History of Antifa (interview with Mark Bray, author of Antifa: The Anti-Fascist Handbook)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-FVS5QhUHc

Will Antifa Remain If Fascism Subsides? (Part 2)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEn6JeElATg

Part 3 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_vOOjkfpzg

Am interested to know what people make of this, it's an interview by a liberal youtube channel but seemed balanced and not at all biased to me, which was refreshing. Am also interested if people know about Mark Bray and what they think of him and his book (if they've read it). I'm aware that Bray has appeared on Democracy Now, and I believe, put his views across from a militant/ antifa perspective if I remember correctly.

Heres a link for that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AbbTdrrzKM

zugzwang
Offline
Joined: 25-11-16
Sep 11 2017 16:50
potrokin wrote:
The History of Antifa (interview with Mark Bray, author of Antifa: The Anti-Fascist Handbook)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-FVS5QhUHc

Will Antifa Remain If Fascism Subsides? (Part 2)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEn6JeElATg

Am interested to know what people make of this, it's an interview by a liberal youtube channel but seemed balanced and not at all biased to me, which was refreshing. Am also interested if people know about Mark Bray and what they think of him and his book (if they've read it). I'm aware that Bray has appeared on Democracy Now, and I believe, put his views across from a militant/ antifa perspective if I remember correctly.

Heres a link for that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AbbTdrrzKM

I saw the Bray interview and thought it was refreshing to have someone defend antifa. I don't have a copy of his book yet but I'd like to read it (as well as other books on the subject of anti-fascism). If anyone has a digital copy and wants to upload to libcom, would be nice.

potrokin
Offline
Joined: 28-05-16
Sep 11 2017 18:02
zugzwang wrote:
potrokin wrote:
The History of Antifa (interview with Mark Bray, author of Antifa: The Anti-Fascist Handbook)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-FVS5QhUHc

Will Antifa Remain If Fascism Subsides? (Part 2)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEn6JeElATg

Am interested to know what people make of this, it's an interview by a liberal youtube channel but seemed balanced and not at all biased to me, which was refreshing. Am also interested if people know about Mark Bray and what they think of him and his book (if they've read it). I'm aware that Bray has appeared on Democracy Now, and I believe, put his views across from a militant/ antifa perspective if I remember correctly.

Heres a link for that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AbbTdrrzKM

I saw the Bray interview and thought it was refreshing to have someone defend antifa. I don't have a copy of his book yet but I'd like to read it (as well as other books on the subject of anti-fascism). If anyone has a digital copy and wants to upload to libcom, would be nice.

He seems to have a good assessment of things to me too, atleast he seems pretty knowledgable on anti-fascism and antifa and is sympathetic. Thankyou for sharing your thoughts.

Jim
Offline
Joined: 30-04-06
Sep 12 2017 00:50

Probably worth starting a new thread if people want to discuss Bray's book. It's excellent, he's solid and I'm writing a review which will hopefully be up on the site at some point.

potrokin
Offline
Joined: 28-05-16
Sep 17 2017 17:12

The Bonobo Ape (Nature Documentary)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2OOB-dH1s4

ajjohnstone
Offline
Joined: 20-04-08
Sep 18 2017 03:29

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb75_6i_cc4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZonz0YE50A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HemZYkiXz4&t=32s

potrokin
Offline
Joined: 28-05-16
Oct 6 2017 12:46

What I Wish Someone Had Told Me At Medical School About Nutrition, Lecture by Dr. Michael Klaper
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvlaQJImt9w

potrokin
Offline
Joined: 28-05-16
Oct 13 2017 13:34

Vegans Guide To The Most Commonly Asked Questions
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoBnsX7pCRI