Lectures, Interviews, Documentaries and Videos

80 posts / 0 new
Last post
potrokin
Offline
Joined: 28-05-16
Oct 14 2017 08:28

Baby Bat Burritos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uuvaos1WHTk

patient Insurgency's picture
patient Insurgency
Offline
Joined: 10-05-15
Oct 14 2017 19:15

Anyone seen this? i thought it was Brilliant .

Contrapoints on " the left".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuN6GfUix7c&t=2s

Don't know what people here think of its conclusions.

zugzwang
Offline
Joined: 25-11-16
Oct 15 2017 05:39
patient Insurgency wrote:
Anyone seen this? i thought it was Brilliant .

Contrapoints on " the left".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuN6GfUix7c&t=2s

Don't know what people here think of its conclusions.

I got a kick out of Contra's ripping into the "golden one," but I don't really care for this. It feels like they're just throwing buzzwords at me, and I don't really know what to take away from it. (She characterizes anti-fascists as "thugs in masks smashing things in the streets"?) More importantly they put kings on adjacent squares at 2:30, which is a violation of the rules of chess. As I mentioned before I'm not so fond of YT political types; I'd rather get my politics from reading serious stuff.

potrokin
Offline
Joined: 28-05-16
Oct 15 2017 13:00
zugzwang wrote:
patient Insurgency wrote:
Anyone seen this? i thought it was Brilliant .

Contrapoints on " the left".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuN6GfUix7c&t=2s

Don't know what people here think of its conclusions.

I got a kick out of Contra's ripping into the "golden one,"

The video about alpha males was great, as is contra's one about free speech in my view. I found the video on the left interesting and thought contra made some interesting points. Personally, I like quite a few left and anarchist political youtubers and find them entertaining, and am interested in what they have to say but I can understand that it's not for everyone and it shouldn't really replace academic stuff.

Noa Rodman
Offline
Joined: 4-11-09
Oct 15 2017 17:07

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcE3jaMuuy8

War, Revolution, Socialism, War: How do the events of 1917 and thereafter help us understand the world of today, and perhaps of tomorrow? 1917 Centennial Series: Stephen Kotkin, Princeton University

potrokin
Offline
Joined: 28-05-16
Oct 19 2017 09:47

Stimulator/ Sub Media has done some good short vids on counter-insurgency lately, here they are:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbvKTO6ztoA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMsCXnH4ePA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTvxn1Vuja0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iy12UCoaFGE

potrokin
Offline
Joined: 28-05-16
Oct 20 2017 11:35
Noa Rodman wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcE3jaMuuy8

War, Revolution, Socialism, War: How do the events of 1917 and thereafter help us understand the world of today, and perhaps of tomorrow? 1917 Centennial Series: Stephen Kotkin, Princeton University

I just watched the whole thing, it was an interesting lecture and I am impressed with Kotkin, I will have to check out more of his talks etc. Thankyou for sharing this, I was not previously aware of this guy and his work.

potrokin
Offline
Joined: 28-05-16
Oct 23 2017 07:13
zugzwang wrote:
patient Insurgency wrote:
Anyone seen this? i thought it was Brilliant .

Contrapoints on " the left".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuN6GfUix7c&t=2s

Don't know what people here think of its conclusions.

I got a kick out of Contra's ripping into the "golden one," but I don't really care for this. It feels like they're just throwing buzzwords at me, and I don't really know what to take away from it. (She characterizes anti-fascists as "thugs in masks smashing things in the streets"?) More importantly they put kings on adjacent squares at 2:30, which is a violation of the rules of chess. As I mentioned before I'm not so fond of YT political types; I'd rather get my politics from reading serious stuff.

More importantly though, what do you guys think of the baby bats?

zugzwang
Offline
Joined: 25-11-16
Oct 23 2017 09:32
potrokin wrote:
More importantly though, what do you guys think of the baby bats?

Winged rats we could do without if you ask me.

potrokin
Offline
Joined: 28-05-16
Oct 23 2017 15:10

I like the fact that their wings are basically their fingers, cool or what!

zugzwang
Offline
Joined: 25-11-16
Oct 23 2017 17:12

I like koalas more.

potrokin
Offline
Joined: 28-05-16
Oct 24 2017 06:37

Koalas are cute. Gibbons are another animal I am fond of, they are so cool and the way they move makes me laugh, they are also rather human looking aswell ofcourse but they are unique aswell.

Heres a video of a Gibbon playing and stealing some bananas, there are loads of cool Gibbon videos on the interwebs:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiL6i-pBVio

Orangutans and Bonobos are other apes I like, infact anything that is not a common Chimpanzee or a Baboon is fine with me because they are nasty.

zugzwang
Offline
Joined: 25-11-16
Oct 25 2017 06:03
potrokin wrote:
Koalas are cute. Gibbons are another animal I am fond of, they are so cool and the way they move makes me laugh, they are also rather human looking aswell ofcourse but they are unique aswell.

Heres a video of a Gibbon playing and stealing some bananas, there are loads of cool Gibbon videos on the interwebs:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiL6i-pBVio

Orangutans and Bonobos are other apes I like, infact anything that is not a common Chimpanzee or a Baboon is fine with me because they are nasty.

Koalas are really the only cute marsupials (and arguably the cutest of all mammals); the rest are eyesores. I'd still take a sugar glider over a blood-sucking bat though. Kangaroos are basically overgrown mutant bunnies, and baboons are complete bastards from what I've read of Robert Sapolsky (great book by the way, A Primate's Memoir).

potrokin
Offline
Joined: 28-05-16
Oct 26 2017 10:28

Here is an Orangutan enjoying a magic trick:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLrYzY3jVPY

Observe how differently this Baboon reacts to a magic trick compared to the Orangutan:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UT4JjmeF8_E

And here are some Gibbons enjoying a feast, notice how well behaved and cute they are:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMqI7EbB-ko

fingers malone's picture
fingers malone
Offline
Joined: 4-05-08
Oct 26 2017 08:10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0GTr8nZ03k

koalas wrestling

Serge Forward's picture
Serge Forward
Offline
Joined: 14-01-04
Oct 26 2017 11:33

Well that went downhill quickly. The thread started with Murray Bookchin and the labour theory of value but by page 3 it's changed to libcom's answer to Harry Hill.

potrokin
Offline
Joined: 28-05-16
Oct 26 2017 12:08

What Do Anarchists Think of Animal Liberation? (Anarchopac):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvEBa2PgO-w

potrokin
Offline
Joined: 28-05-16
Oct 27 2017 09:35

Feeding The Public 'Dog Cheese'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48pReogyXDA

Reddebrek's picture
Reddebrek
Offline
Joined: 4-01-12
Nov 14 2017 10:33

A video on Antifascism,the production style confused me at first, but the video itself has a lot of information and interviews with anti fascists from many organisations, groups and parts of the world.