Mr. Robot

Submitted by Sleeper on December 27, 2015

Watched the first two episodes of this last night. Think I might watch a couple more tonight. Has anyone seen the whole series? Is it worth spending some time on in your opinion?

Khawaga

8 years 3 months ago

In reply to by libcom.org

Submitted by Khawaga on December 27, 2015

I've been meaning to watch it. I've heard it's really good and only gets better.

jojo

8 years 3 months ago

Submitted by jojo on December 28, 2015

What is it?

Khawaga

8 years 3 months ago

Submitted by Khawaga on December 28, 2015

It's a TV show about hackers/hacking, conspiracy and evil corporations if I am not mistaken.

infektfm

8 years 3 months ago

Submitted by infektfm on December 29, 2015

Its a great show. The politics are naive, but it was still really good.

Agent of the I…

8 years 3 months ago

Submitted by Agent of the I… on December 29, 2015

I saw the whole season. It's pretty good. It's a show that is inspired by Fight Club.

Season 2 of Fargo was the best thing on TV for the past year though, so you should make that your highest viewing priority.

Fleur

8 years 3 months ago

Submitted by Fleur on December 29, 2015

Agent wrote:

It's a show that is inspired by Fight Club.

That doesn't seem to be much of a selling point to me....

Agent of the I…

8 years 3 months ago

Submitted by Agent of the I… on December 29, 2015

Fleur

Agent wrote:

It's a show that is inspired by Fight Club.

That doesn't seem to be much of a selling point to me....

Well, I was trying to describe it rather than selling it. Plot, style and song at the second to last episode makes it pretty obvious this was inspired by Fight Club.

Tyrion

8 years 3 months ago

Submitted by Tyrion on December 29, 2015

Mr. Robot's excellent and as far as the politics go, it pretty accurately depicts the shitty politics of Anonymous (more or less the model for a fictional organization in the show) and the nonsense that's often passed around as "anarchism" these days among young American activists without IMO making is seem much more appealing than it is in real life. But that's less important than the really fantastic lead performance and amazingly eerie sense of atmosphere.

Sleeper

8 years 3 months ago

Submitted by Sleeper on December 29, 2015

So far I think it's got more to do with the Occupy Wall Street thing - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occupy_Wall_Street than Anonymous

After four episodes I got pissed off with the Morphine/drugs shit and decided to pause this, and watch some Californication instead.

infektfm

8 years 3 months ago

Submitted by infektfm on December 30, 2015

Agent of the Fifth International

Season 2 of Fargo was the best thing on TV for the past year though, so you should make that your highest viewing priority.

I second fargo season 2

Jamal

8 years 3 months ago

Submitted by Jamal on December 31, 2015

Blanquist cyber-anarchist fantasy. Way different from the other shit but still somehow in the same vein.

Sleeper

8 years 3 months ago

Submitted by Sleeper on January 1, 2016

It's recuperation, but it's interesting because somewhere along the way recuperation is going to fail just like the rest of the capitalist project.

Jamal

Blanquist cyber-anarchist fantasy. Way different from the other shit but still somehow in the same vein.