The Parable of Libcom

Submitted by Noah Fence on October 9, 2016

A couple got married. They move in together and every Sunday the wife bakes a ham. Whilst preparing it she cuts about an inch off the end of it.
After a few weeks of observing this the husband asks her why she always cuts off the end of the ham. She replies that she doesn't know why, her mum always did it so she does as well.
The next time he sees his mother in law he asks her the same question about the ham. She gives the same answer. So next time he sees his wife's grandmother he asks her the same question, she replies, ' well you see, the baking dish I had was too small to fit the ham in.'

Thank you and goodnight

cactus9

7 years 6 months ago

In reply to by libcom.org

Submitted by cactus9 on October 9, 2016

Now I really don't understand.

Chilli Sauce

7 years 6 months ago

Submitted by Chilli Sauce on October 10, 2016

Ya know, when my father was a kid, he had this blue security blanket. My grandmother, once my father got to a certain age, decided he needed to be weened off the blanket. So every time she washed the blanket, she cut a one inch strip off the side. Ergo, the blanket became increasingly smaller each time the blanket got washed.

I have no idea how my father felt about this or if it helped break him of his blue blanket habit. But it's a true story nonetheless.

jojo

7 years 6 months ago

Submitted by jojo on October 10, 2016

In Noah Fence's parable, why did the couple get married?

seahorse

7 years 6 months ago

Submitted by seahorse on October 10, 2016

I think as a kid I'd feel way more traumatized by my favorite blankie being slowly cut to shreds than just having it stored up in a closet somewhere knowing we could be reunited someday. :(

cactus9

7 years 6 months ago

Submitted by cactus9 on October 10, 2016

jojo

In Noah Fence's parable, why did the couple get married?

The patriarchy.

commieprincess

7 years 6 months ago

Submitted by commieprincess on October 10, 2016

The husband should have cooked his own damn ham!

jesuithitsquad

7 years 6 months ago

Submitted by jesuithitsquad on October 11, 2016

Hear, hear!