What is the most beautiful song that summarizes the libertarian-communist sentiment?

247 posts / 0 new
Last post
Noah Fence's picture
Noah Fence
Jun 14 2013 03:36
Quote:
Cocksuckers ? Hmmmmmmm, probably not the best phrase

If Tom and co suck Sony's cock then that makes them corporate cock suckers in my book!

ultraviolet's picture
ultraviolet
Jun 14 2013 08:08

thank you for this! (seriously.)

wojtek wrote:

i'd take this song as mood music while on the barricades over a revolutionary folk song or anarchist punk song anyday. we'll be bringing anarcho-communism in gangnam style!

Noah Fence's picture
Noah Fence
Jun 14 2013 09:05
Quote:
i'd take this song as mood music while on the barricades over a revolutionary folk song or anarchist punk song anyday. we'll be bringing anarcho-communism in gangnam style!

Couldn't possibly agree more.

Preparing to kick some capitalist butt K Pop stylee!

http://youtu.be/JB_MYvHyPw4

ultraviolet's picture
ultraviolet
Jun 15 2013 18:39
Webby wrote:
Quote:

Nice vid. smile

I think it was Emma Goldman who said, "If I can't dance to K Pop, it's not my revolution."
(For the record, I do like revolutionary folks songs, but that was literally my first time watching Gangnam style, and I got a little excited.)

Noah Fence's picture
Noah Fence
Jun 15 2013 18:43
Quote:
(For the record, I do like revolutionary folks songs, but that was literally my first time watching Gangnam style, and I got a little excited.)

Oh alright, so do I, I admit it. Er, and anarcho punk - and I've got a crap Crass tatoo to prove it!

Croy's picture
Croy
Jun 15 2013 21:55
ultraviolet wrote:
Webby wrote:
Quote:

Nice vid. smile

I think it was Emma Goldman who said, "If I can't dance to K Pop, it's not my revolution."

You only just saw Gangnam style, shit. Just a bit late.

RedEd's picture
RedEd
Jun 17 2013 04:37
Webby wrote:
Quote:
Cocksuckers ? Hmmmmmmm, probably not the best phrase

If Tom and co suck Sony's cock then that makes them corporate cock suckers in my book!

Then again, cocksucker is a word that puts down straight women and gay men, and people raped by men. I think it ties into sexist and homophobic ideas a fair bit. It also has a couple of other problematic implications. So maybe using another word would work better.

Saying that, I know you didn't mean it to be demeaning anyone. I'm just saying how it might be a word that works against our principles and may well be worth replacing.

Noah Fence's picture
Noah Fence
Jun 17 2013 11:02

Red Ed

Point taken and from this point onwards amended!
On trying to think of alternatives to describe my meaning I pretty quickly find myself back in the gutter so I think it best that I try to forget about my pet hate - Mr. Morello and his ilk - and turn my thoughts in a more meaningful direction. It was well over a year ago that I had the misfortune of watching this fucking wankstick droning on about politics and then performing a trio piece with the equally dreadful singer from Rise Against and, wait for it, BILLY FUCKING BRAGG!
I'm not sure if I'll ever recover, but I think I should try!

Shorty's picture
Shorty
Mar 11 2014 22:50
Toms's picture
Toms
Apr 3 2014 20:32
Agent of the International's picture
Agent of the In...
Jun 17 2014 19:59

deleted

Standfield's picture
Standfield
Apr 3 2014 22:23
plasmatelly's picture
plasmatelly
Jun 17 2014 18:23

Dunno how to imbed videos - this is from my all time favourite anti-capitalist album, Setting Suns.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTDMbqTot6g&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Agent of the International's picture
Agent of the In...
Jun 17 2014 19:59
plasmatelly wrote:
Dunno how to imbed videos - this is from my all time favourite anti-capitalist album, Setting Suns.

http://libcom.org/forums/general/how-post-youtube-videos-101-31082013

Noah Fence's picture
Noah Fence
Jun 17 2014 20:03

The link doesn't work but presumably it's a groovy little piece of vegan disco?

Stalinski
Jun 27 2014 06:14

'Hit me baby one more time'

Britney Spears.

Noah Fence's picture
Noah Fence
Jun 27 2014 21:47
Quote:
'Hit me baby one more time'

I'd rather you didn't call me baby Stalinski but a very tempting proposition all the same.

sub lumpen filth's picture
sub lumpen filth
Jul 3 2014 23:46
Theft wrote:
Ed wrote:

kills a great soul tune angry

any of you lads remember who the artist was in video?

sub lumpen filth
Jul 6 2014 05:52

anyone?

simiangene
Jul 6 2014 10:49
plasmatelly wrote:

Fuck yeah! The late 70's and early 80's was an incredible era which produced a new-wave of anti-establishment art. What happened to the passionate empathic revolutionary vibe and poetry, it's been swamped by the modern narcissistic society's self-absorption in petty individuality!

simiangene
Jul 6 2014 13:22
Samotnaf wrote:
How about this for a critique?

A very worthy critique it is for its parodying of the dominant bourgeois hippy ideology! Arthur Brown was an artist extraordinaire who associated with the avant-garde revolutionary committee of the 60s which etched its anarchist non-doctrine in acid upon concrete conformity!
There were the true hippies and then there were the bourgeois copycats, you had to have been around in the 60s to recognize the nuance. Just like these days one has to know the difference between hipsters and anarchists.

simiangene
Jul 6 2014 13:25
sub lumpen filth wrote:
anyone?

Which video, I don't know what youre referring to?

Auld-bod's picture
Auld-bod
Jul 6 2014 13:54

simiangene 202:
'There were the true hippies...'

Blimey, I only met the plonkers and weekenders. None of them clocked in at 7.30am.

simiangene
Jul 6 2014 14:51
Auld-bod wrote:
simiangene 202:
'There were the true hippies...'

Blimey, I only met the plonkers and weekenders. None of them clocked in at 7.30am.

More prevalent in a non-urban collective, there did exist those who practiced the true hippy lifestyle. They clocked in at noon usually, were self-proclaimed anarchistic in their desires yet obeyed an informal dominant bourgeois alpha male , and ethically opposed the breaking of establishment laws outside of marijuana use.
But seriously, I mean those who had a pragmatic approach to food production and DIY independence and self-sufficiency and were sovereign collective associations who could survive and function without the State.

simiangene
Jul 6 2014 15:44
Chilli Sauce wrote:
batswill wrote:
laughing I suppose is internal dancing

I'm just re-reading this thread (my .mp3 died and didn't have any of the music backed up cry ) to get.ideas and I just realised that I really like this line. Speaking as someone who can't dance to save my life, might I add.

That IS a good line, wasn't it originally an Oscar Wilde comment, but yeah, I'm going over old comments myself cos its randomly inspirational.

simiangene
Jul 6 2014 15:56
Manic wrote:
A little bit cheesy but fuck it, it gives me a warm glowing feeling inside smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTvUs4rY4to
p.s. how do you embed videos on here?

Nope sorry! Sure I got the warm feeling then I thought of Marley and NO! Its just too schmaltzy for me brah.

simiangene
Jul 6 2014 16:17
Auld-bod wrote:
Tracy Chapman’s ‘Revolution’ is a good song, though I seem to remember her as a cheer leader for Mrs. Thatcher. It reminds me of Barry McGuire laughing off the lyrics of his version of ‘Eve of Destruction’. Wasn’t it Frank Zappa who said, “We’re only in it for the money”?

The big confusion lies in the fact that Tracy Chapman and Joan Armatrading both did a version of this song, and have a similar vocal tone and physiognomy but a different political view, which confuses white folk because other races often look the same, due to the phenomenon of cross-race effect. Anyway, Joan has a more sensual soulful sound which in my opinion would have made her an opponent of Thatcher!

Noah Fence's picture
Noah Fence
Jul 6 2014 16:24

Tracey Chapman. Eugh.

sub lumpen filth
Jul 6 2014 19:23

the first video Ed posted

simiangene
Jul 7 2014 03:03
sub lumpen filth wrote:
the first video Ed posted