Yo Ho Ho What do you want for Christmas?

Submitted by cactus9 on December 7, 2018

Happy anti-capitalist Christmas!

I want climate change to be taken seriously. I want something done. Enough is enough. That is all.

You?

Noah Fence

5 years 3 months ago

In reply to by libcom.org

Submitted by Noah Fence on December 7, 2018

I want climate change to be taken seriously. I want something done. Enough is enough. That is all.

Yep, and that means taking animal agriculture and veganism seriously.

adri

5 years 3 months ago

Submitted by adri on December 8, 2018

I'd like to collect every shitty xmas album and single and burn them in a big pile so employers can no longer force workers to listen to xmas music all day. I also would like communism.

Noah Fence

5 years 3 months ago

Submitted by Noah Fence on December 8, 2018

zugzwang

I'd like to collect every shitty xmas album and single and burn them in a big pile so employers can no longer force workers to listen to xmas music all day. I also would like communism.

Even this one?

Let there be peace on earth, come on and rock and roll for all you’re worth!

Surely you wouldn’t want to be rid of that little gem?

Anyways, for around the last ten years, all I’ve wanted for Christmas is to have fuck all to do with it! At last, this year I’ve had the guts to stand up and say no to this seasonal oppression!
So on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and Boxing Day whilst my three kids are visiting my house, I’ll be found at my son’s flat indulging myself with no Christmas telly, no Christmas dinner, no decorations and no fucking presents. Praise be to the baby Jesus!
To be fair, I’ll miss the novelty socks but that’s about it. A small price to pay for being a real anarchist though, right?
Anybody else riding high on their principles this year and opting out?

adri

5 years 3 months ago

Submitted by adri on December 8, 2018

Noah Fence

zugzwang

Even this one?

Let there be peace on earth, come on and rock and roll for all you’re worth!

Surely you wouldn’t want to be rid of that little gem?

No, burn it. And this is a form of torture:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsvK1aGp8xo&t

I'll spare Barenaked's Elf's Lament since it's about striking elves (I think) disguised as an xmas song (which is funny when it's played alongside shite like the above).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gm3k7UR7knA

That's every year for me.

Noah Fence

5 years 3 months ago

Submitted by Noah Fence on December 10, 2018

And this is a form of torture:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsvK1aGp8xo&t

Oh boy, I made the mistake of clicking on that. Seriously man, I’ve seen some sickening cretinous shit in my time but this raises the bar to new and dizzy heights!

Quote:
That's every year for me.

Well get you! It’s taken me 53 years to raise my consciousness to the Shaolin standard of cultural non conformity it now holds and then you tell me you’re just naturally at that level? You’ve destroyed what was left of my self esteem.

adri

5 years 3 months ago

Submitted by adri on December 10, 2018

Oh boy, I made the mistake of clicking on that. Seriously man, I’ve seen some sickening cretinous shit in my time but this raises the bar to new and dizzy heights!

It's so bad it wouldn't surprise me if South Park creators came out and said they were behind it -- it actually reminds me of their "America, Fuck Yeah!" song (singers sound kind of alike with their smugness and all). I'm mean ffs, "pray for peace," when the US is regarded by the world as the biggest threat to world peace. I'd get a kick if workers actually went on strike somewhere demanding not to be forced to listen to this shite.

Irrelevant note: I think both south park creators have right-wing "libertarian" sympathies.