Kurasje council communist archive

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
Skraeling
Oct 17 2010 00:09
Kurasje council communist archive

is currently down. see http://www.kurasje.org/

does anybody know why it is down? and when it will be put back up? it was an execellent resource.
thanks in advance.

Spassmaschine
Oct 17 2010 06:09

No idea why it is down, but it in the meantime it's available at archive.org:
http://web.archive.org/web/20080626174727/http://www.kurasje.org/

Steven.'s picture
Steven.
Oct 18 2010 09:02

yeah, we put a call out a while ago asking for help from users to copy all their articles on to libcom, in case something like this happened. We copied a lot of them, but we weren't able to do all of them by ourselves.

Anyone who wanted to help out with this now from the Web archive it would be much appreciated!

cog
Oct 19 2010 06:56

hello all.

I have as ms-word files all the texts from 1918 to 1943 (Ikarus' text is the last one), both german and english. When both an english and german version of a document were available, I only copied the german one--sorry.

I also have as separate files all the Mattick and Pannekoek texts (from kurasje, marxists.org etc), minus the Mattick reviews.

Plus the introductory texts by Rachleff, Fettes, Gombin and van Linden.

I could upload all of them at some file-hosting site, so that the texts could be archived in libcom.org from these files.

Is anyone else experiencing problems with the archived versions of kurasje? I can't seem to find a version that includes anything past the index level.

Steven.'s picture
Steven.
Oct 19 2010 09:49

Hey cog, that would be great if you could upload all of the English-language texts from kurasje to somewhere.

What you could do is start a library article called "English-language text from kurasje.org" and then add them all as file attachments. What you could also do is then start another library article for all the German language texts - that way they would still be online so if some German speakers wanted to put them back up on a German language site they could

To do this, click submit content - library article, and click "file attachments" lower down the page. Check in the "list" box next to the files so that they show up.

If you could do this it would be great!

klas batalo's picture
klas batalo
Oct 19 2010 16:42

if i find time i am also going to try to post stuff up. i am having success getting into the archive.

Steven.'s picture
Steven.
Oct 19 2010 17:45

cheers!

cog
Oct 20 2010 08:54
Steven. wrote:
Hey cog, that would be great if you could upload all of the English-language texts from kurasje to somewhere.

What you could do is start a library article called "English-language text from kurasje.org" and then add them all as file attachments. What you could also do is then start another library article for all the German language texts - that way they would still be online so if some German speakers wanted to put them back up on a German language site they could

To do this, click submit content - library article, and click "file attachments" lower down the page. Check in the "list" box next to the files so that they show up.

If you could do this it would be great!

I have compiled all the texts in large files (each one is some 300-400 pages)... So it would take some considerable time to upload each individual text separately--which unfortunately I don't have for the time being.

Below are the urls for everything I have. Files are in doc format. The compilations include both english and german texts. English translations are not included incase the german original existed.The texts can be located from the index, or using the document map function.

1. kurajse (1918-1943). Last text is Ikarus' WILHELMSHAVEN REVOLT.
Texts by Mattick and Pannekoek are NOT included.

2. Council Communism Intros.(Wright, Fettes, Shipway, Gombin, van der Linden, Rachleff )

3. Pannekoek 1 , Pannekoek 2.

4. Mattick 1, Mattick 2

* everything as a single 7z file * (mediafire)

Steven.'s picture
Steven.
Nov 9 2010 13:08

right, I have now gone through the Web archive and those documents and put everything available on to libcom as individual articles.

With the exception of the Pannekoek and Mattick texts which I have put up all grouped together - as most of them are from Marxists.org rather than Kurasje anyway.

I think that a couple of the texts from post-1943 weren't on libcom already, so if anyone can find them anywhere it would be great if they could be posted to the library/history sections (although most of them were in German anyway)