Middle class goons organise to rob tourists

71 posts / 0 new
Last post
Anonymous
Aug 18 2006 10:58
Middle class goons organise to rob tourists

http://www.crimethinc.net/node/2130

I know it's completely irrelevent and I probably shouldn't link to other boards but this is absolutely fucking unreal.

"this is scam sounds great. and I doubt very much that even the honest hardworking proletariat vacationer is going to be very much set aback at the loss of $20 or $40."

Joseph Kay's picture
Joseph Kay
Aug 18 2006 11:08

i assume its a self-parody, going by the comments beneath and the fact i've been called 'capitalist' by crimethincers for having a job.

Joseph Kay's picture
Joseph Kay
Aug 18 2006 11:11

but then again, reading on ...

Quote:
Tourism is one form of modern colonialism.

roll eyes

Quote:
This is a relatively low risk / high reward scam.

yeah, thats anti-capitalism roll eyes

jef costello's picture
jef costello
Aug 18 2006 11:17
Quote:
One may want to put in an extra little note into the tourist bag, something along the lines of how vacationing and tourism are simply capitalist snares, providing the illusion of having the opportunity to 'get away from it all', while at the same time the vacationer spends five times more than they normally would, thereby only reinforcing the need for a job in the first place, blah blah...;)

I'm sure no one will open the bag and actually look inside it roll eyes

Joseph Kay's picture
Joseph Kay
Aug 18 2006 11:19
guydebordisdead wrote:
I've been a one man intervention on that board now for ages arguing against all kinds of terrible ideas, mostly because I wish someone had done it when I was into that shit.

i posted a bit on a different crimethinc board recently, there was a post with a load of primmo cartoons with people trashing their offices and turning them into primmo, hunter-gatherer TAZs, as well as the garden of fucking eden. and people saying 'we should totally email these to office workers', so i said i'm an office worker, i'd quite like my kids to see thirty after the revolution and i'm quite partial to a bit of technology ...

Quote:
The communist moon drips with the red blood of dead anarchists.

It has colored half of the black star red.

If you want to work in a fuckin' office you are not even a syndicalist.

No other ideology has kiled off more anarchists than communism.

After pointing out anarcho-communists have an excellent record of not killing themselves, most ended up admitting theres nothing inherently more revolutionary about dropping out than working, but that dropping out created more time for revolutionary activity. Now i know what they meant ...

BB
Aug 18 2006 12:30
guydebordisdead wrote:
http://www.crimethinc.net/node/2130

FFS!!!

More power to your arm GD, fucking muppets.

It reminds me of some graffitti i saw outside a squat in barcelona (lesseps). "tourist you are the terrorist"

revolutionrugger
Aug 18 2006 14:38

you guys have no idea how lucky you are to no live in the US and have to deal with our "anarchist" movement. Bunch of fucking scum bags.

OliverTwister's picture
OliverTwister
Aug 18 2006 16:34
Quote:
Saying it's ok to rob 20-40 dollars from someone who is proletarian is fucking disgusting, if i caught you doing it you'd receive a dose of post-left violence to the fucking head.

smile) smile) smile) smile) smile) red n black star red n black star red n black star red n black star red n black star red n black star red n black star red n black star

Caiman del Barrio
Aug 18 2006 17:23
Joseph K. wrote:
Quote:

So how come every fucking Crimethinc-er I've met spends their life hitch hiking and jumping trains all over the country?

ronan
Aug 18 2006 17:54
Quote:
So how come every fucking Crimethinc-er I've met spends their life hitch hiking and jumping trains all over the country?

that's not tourism cos its not paid for, it's direct action against the death machine. man.
my favourite is the equation between the spanish revolution and having sex. who knew, we are all durruti.

Refused's picture
Refused
Aug 18 2006 18:09
ronan wrote:
Quote:

that's not tourism cos its not paid for, it's direct action against the death machine. man.
my favourite is the equation between the spanish revolution and having sex. who knew, we are all durruti.

"The government doesn't want us to have sex because it makes us happy...so everytime we have sex it's a massive protest!"

Joseph Kay's picture
Joseph Kay
Aug 18 2006 18:32
Caiman del Barrio wrote:
Joseph K. wrote:
Quote:

coherence comes a distant second to rhetoric. Its authoritarian to prioritise content over form, you fascist colonialist worker angry

guydebordisdead wrote:
Stencil I saw in barcelona

colonialist angry

grin

madashell's picture
madashell
Aug 19 2006 12:43
Quote:
perhaps you should take your bidirectional sphincter off the uncomfortable internet and back on to your pink inflatable pile cushion

Nice neutral

Caiman del Barrio
Aug 20 2006 01:30
guydebordisdead wrote:
This thread makes me very happy, in crimethinc we have a common enemy who makes our own minute differences seem so irrelevant.

Nah sorry, I still hate you.

Oh come on, someone had to. wink

revolutionrugger
Aug 28 2006 16:26

hahahahaha. This is gonna be great. His phone number is the same as the suburb of philadelphia that I work in. I'm gonna call after work. Oh btw. West Chester (the area his phone is from) is one of the wealthiest areas of the country. Its where the frickin owner of the company lives.

revolutionrugger
Aug 28 2006 16:39

So I have challenged the Crimethincer to a Fight. Asked him to meet me after Rugby Practice on Thursday. Lets see if he shows. I'm in the mood the beat the shit out of fucking reactionary assholes.

gav's picture
gav
Aug 28 2006 17:24

out of interest, is a 'Fight' different to a 'fight'? it certainly sounds more spectacular.

Refused's picture
Refused
Aug 28 2006 17:32

The difference is you don't talk about Fights.

Joseph Kay's picture
Joseph Kay
Aug 28 2006 17:54

fucking hell what is all this puritan shite:

Quote:
you've got no beef with someone spending obscene amounts of cash (600eu, eh?) on themselves, to go on a fucking vacation?

i can only assume that someone who thinks spending money on yourself is counter-revolutionary has never had to spend any money on themselves. why don't they just become buddhists and fuck off up a mountain and stop detourning anarchism into a bourgoise guilt-hobby angry

Ramona's picture
Ramona
Aug 28 2006 19:16

They ought to have spent it on one of those Bono credit cards, think how much poverty they'd have eradicated!

revolutionrugger
Aug 28 2006 19:56

THEY TOOK DOWN MY FIGHT CHALLENGE! FUCKING BASTARDS CAN LEAVE UP A PLOT TO RIP OFF AND HURT INNOCENT PEOPLE BUT CAN'T LEAVE UP A HONEST "MEET ME AT THE PARK AFTER DARK" RUMBLE REQUEST. WHAT THE FUCK.

Ramona's picture
Ramona
Aug 28 2006 20:03

Sounds like you should start a new thread there about how that's censorship and like anarchists don't tell other people what to do and how they're a bit like Hitler?

revolutionrugger
Aug 28 2006 20:09

its back up. yah!

Joseph Kay's picture
Joseph Kay
Sep 1 2006 17:02
guydebordisdead wrote:
I assume he didn't show up then?

actually have we heard from revrug since thursday neutral

Joseph Kay's picture
Joseph Kay
Sep 1 2006 17:54
guydebordisdead wrote:
I imagine he's in jail for murder. Only joking, killing crimethincers isn't illegal.

hey, fairs fair, they found a way to live outside the system wink

jef costello's picture
jef costello
Sep 2 2006 00:10
Joseph K. wrote:
hey, fairs fair, they found a way to live outside the system ;)

smile
I reckon Rugger can look after himself, he's not such a frequent poster these days. Maybe GDID could punch someone at the bookfair on RR's behalf, that would make him happy.

Joseph Kay's picture
Joseph Kay
Sep 2 2006 00:20
Revolutionrugger wrote:
Fri, 2006-09-01 16:53

No Show. As I thought. Punk.

he's posted on the crimethinc thread; crimethincer in 'all talk' shocker, read all about it! tongue

Joseph Kay's picture
Joseph Kay
Sep 2 2006 18:28

even more so because they presume to speak for someone they've probably found on google as a charicature of the third world oppressed.

people i've spoken to in the 'third world' (quechua guys in the andes) have a much more interesting take on being 'westerners', namely they've tended to want jobs and the decent standard of living they can potentially provide, while wanting to avoid ecocidal corporate projects like mines in their communities. A guy i met in Peru told me how he found it strange that westerners complained about boring jobs while all he wanted was a steady job - he effectively wanted to be proletarianised. And he was basically a libertarian communist - he wanted to see a demoratic communism and was critical of the state and the maoist terror/guerrilla groups, while not dismissing the right to armed struggle. cool guy 8)

lem
Sep 2 2006 18:55

People talking about how much they hate people who feel guilty, really gets on my nerves angry

Its no different to religous nuts telling people they shouldn't hate people.

Its just another form of moralising angry

Stop it wall

grin

Joseph Kay's picture
Joseph Kay
Sep 2 2006 19:01
lem wrote:
People talking about how much they hate people who feel guilty, really gets on my nerves angry

Its no different to religous nuts telling people they shouldn't hate people.

Its just another form of moralising angry

Stop it wall

grin

:?

lem
Sep 2 2006 19:30

I mean to say, trying to shame people for feeling guilty, is, erm, really wierd.

Its too difuse for it to be what makes them crimethinkers.

Maybe guilt is an important part of, the ethical relationship.

I've made my views quite clear on this tongue

grin

Topic locked