CIT to register with ILO?

38 posts / 0 new
Last post
drakeberkman
Jun 1 2018 22:11
drakeberkman wrote:
admin: off topic comments removed. People who post content-less one-liners just to antagonise people will get banned

So to be clear, I should be making content-less 5000 word essays just to antagonize people to avoid being banned? That's the content that raises the quality of libcom.org, correct?

syndicalist
Jun 2 2018 01:31
drakeberkman wrote:
drakeberkman wrote:
admin: off topic comments removed. People who post content-less one-liners just to antagonise people will get banned

So to be clear, I should be making content-less 5000 word essays just to antagonize people to avoid being banned? That's the content that raises the quality of libcom.org, correct?

But there was no content to what you've written.

drakeberkman
Jun 2 2018 01:55
syndicalist wrote:

Have you read any of akai's posts over the last two years?

I feel like there's a double standard here

syndicalist
Jun 2 2018 02:38
drakeberkman wrote:
syndicalist wrote:

Have you read any of akai's posts over the last two years?

I feel like there's a double standard here

I think it's the name calling which pushes stuff over. I don't care if folks are principled and disagree, it's when the personal that negates everything.

---- Signed The Fourth Horseman

akai
Jun 2 2018 06:47

I think it is getting pretty clear from the posts here that maybe some people to do understand that the ILO is not a court and maybe does not understand what it does. That said, I doubt knowing this would change the attitude.

In terms of workers fighting and losing their jobs, I don't think we need any lecture here about the reality of matters. And just to be clear, we showed plenty of solidarity to workers in struggle all over the world, especially to repressed workers in Spain. But in many cases taken for granted and not reciprocated.

In any case, good luck to the workers against the bosses but enough with the illusions.

Red Marriott's picture
Red Marriott
Jun 2 2018 12:21

In developing countries the ILO works closely with the Solidarity Center to push the labour movement in its desired reformist/pro-US direction. On SC in Bangladesh;
http://libcom.org/news/binds-tie-unions-%E2%80%98solidarity%E2%80%99-civ...

akai
Jun 2 2018 18:34

RM, the ILO has been pushing the Washington Consensus for years. From 1980 in fact. This year is no coincidence.

Although clearly we need to sometimes use different options to win concrete gains, one thing that I strongly believe anarchosyndicalists need to be doing is exposing the role of state and tri-partite institutions and all class collaborationist schemes, which can derail the working class. This is part of the statutes of the IWA in fact, which has been something which has set it apart in terms of both ideas and practices.

Unfortunately, not every person who labels themselves anarchosyndicalist or revolutionary syndicalist share the same ideas. This has led to numerous parting of ways, practically since the movement started. Many of these partings have been discussed here on Libcom in great detail.

Concerning another issue briefly touched upon here, there is the question of fighting against privatization and remuncipalization. I can say that I have had years of experience in this matter and we have campaigned against the outsourcing of service jobs and housing privatization. Here we have made really huge steps, but this isn't thanks to any courts or institutions. In fact, I would say that the institutions set up by the government have only served to lead people away from struggle and to give the state time to undermine the movement. But that is for another thread.