Founding Congress of the new international anarcho-syndicalist and revolutionary syndicalist.

132 posts / 0 new
Last post
syndicalist
Offline
Joined: 15-04-06
May 11 2018 14:30

It all matters. Though this discussion has been hashed out elsewhere
I'm not a fan of your premise or of much of anything else going on with the intra and inter organizational stuff.

melenas
Offline
Joined: 10-12-14
May 11 2018 17:58
syndicalist wrote:
^^^^^ Candidly, there didn't need to be a split to provide for this.

Was the only way, sadly. IWA is not ready to accept more than one section in each country as was doing at the begining. Several sections can't understand that 10 people can't be a section, can be a start but not a section with the same power than thousand ( this rule of one section one vote was logical when we sections were real unions of 100 thousands members, there are sections that in Spain they could not be not even a local union). The discussions and meetings we are having the last 3 years could not be imagined within IWA. I hope the things change in the future, but now a days I think that the fact that between 80/90% of the IWA militants decided to create something new can't be seen as a simple banality of their members. Have in mind that left IWA the militants with the biggest experience in working class organising.

syndicalist
Offline
Joined: 15-04-06
May 11 2018 18:14

Sorry, I don't accept your opinion.^^^^^^

melenas
Offline
Joined: 10-12-14
May 11 2018 18:32
syndicalist wrote:
Sorry, I don't accept your opinion.^^^^^^

Your answer is the best example of why it was necessary a new international. Good luck with your acronym.

syndicalist
Offline
Joined: 15-04-06
May 11 2018 18:37
melenas wrote:
syndicalist wrote:
Sorry, I don't accept your opinion.^^^^^^

Your answer is the best example of why it was necessary a new international. Good luck with your acronym.

Well, I don't. If there is a will, there is a way.

melenas
Offline
Joined: 10-12-14
May 12 2018 07:16
Quote:
http://cnt.es/noticias/cr%C3%B3nica-de-la-primera-jornada-del-congreso-internacional

La jornada del viernes del Congreso Fundacional de la Internacional ha comenzado de forma distendida. Las anfitrionas de USI han organizado un recorrido turístico por los puntos de interés revolucionario de la ciudad de Parma. A media mañana se han recogido las acreditaciones de delegadas y delegados. Posteriormente, el colectivo "Cucine del Popolo" ha organizado un buffet social en el que se ha podido almorzar, merendar y beber a lo largo de toda la jornada.

Spikymike
Offline
Joined: 6-01-07
May 12 2018 15:47

Some more feedback here:
https://freedomnews.org.uk/founding-of-a-new-international/
Maybe we will get some feedback and comment from the IWW in the UK later. There is presently a degree of cooperation between the IWW and the SolFed (IWA) in the UK (both accepting duel union membership with other unions) but not sure how that might pan out in the future on the back of this. In the UK there are already a number of different but equally small alternative base type unions apart from the above, operating mostly in the more precarious sectors of employment. Not sure how the approach of the main components of this new anarcho/revolutionary syndicalist international might differ from that of either the IWW or the SolFed ?.

Red Marriott's picture
Red Marriott
Offline
Joined: 7-05-06
May 12 2018 16:13
Spiky wrote:
Not sure how the approach of the main components of this new anarcho/revolutionary syndicalist international might differ from that of either the IWW or the SolFed ?.

They'll probably issue a 10 point program claiming that supporting Scottish independence is the road to anarchist revolution smile http://libcom.org/library/10-point-program-catalan-cnt

syndicalist
Offline
Joined: 15-04-06
May 12 2018 17:12
Spikymike wrote:
Some more feedback here:
https://freedomnews.org.uk/founding-of-a-new-international/
Maybe we will get some feedback and comment from the IWW in the UK later. There is presently a degree of cooperation between the IWW and the SolFed (IWA) in the UK (both accepting duel union membership with other unions) but not sure how that might pan out in the future on the back of this. In the UK there are already a number of different but equally small alternative base type unions apart from the above, operating mostly in the more precarious sectors of employment. Not sure how the approach of the main components of this new anarcho/revolutionary syndicalist international might differ from that of either the IWW or the SolFed ?.

Fwiw, this^^^^ presents it's own challenges in the US as well.
More so on a lesser and individualized level. Though organizationally, to the extent it may exist as well (tho more as it related to international stuff).

syndicalist
Offline
Joined: 15-04-06
May 12 2018 17:12
Red Marriott wrote:
Spiky wrote:
Not sure how the approach of the main components of this new anarcho/revolutionary syndicalist international might differ from that of either the IWW or the SolFed ?.

They'll probably issue a 10 point program claiming that supporting Scottish independence is the road to anarchist revolution smile http://libcom.org/library/10-point-program-catalan-cnt

Got a good chuckle

melenas
Offline
Joined: 10-12-14
May 13 2018 15:17

New international ready

Confederación Internacional del Trabajo.

Steven.'s picture
Steven.
Offline
Joined: 27-06-06
May 13 2018 15:25

Interesting stuff, I wish the participants all the best.

Intriguing to see that the CNT-F are taking part. I thought they were very much in the bad books of the Spanish CNT for taking part in works councils. Is that no longer the case?

Rob Ray's picture
Rob Ray
Offline
Joined: 6-11-03
May 13 2018 15:28

Is that the new official name??

Rob Ray's picture
Rob Ray
Offline
Joined: 6-11-03
May 13 2018 15:30

.

melenas
Offline
Joined: 10-12-14
May 13 2018 16:12
Rob Ray wrote:
Is that the new official name??

Is what told me a comrade that is there.

Rob Ray's picture
Rob Ray
Offline
Joined: 6-11-03
May 13 2018 16:51

So it'll be Confederación Nactional del Trabajo-Confederación Internacional del Trabajo (CNT-CIT) grin

syndicalist
Offline
Joined: 15-04-06
May 13 2018 17:38

Not too self-serving of a name.

melenas
Offline
Joined: 10-12-14
May 13 2018 17:41
Rob Ray wrote:
So it'll be Confederación Nactional del Trabajo-Confederación Internacional del Trabajo (CNT-CIT) grin

No, CNT has agreement to use locally only Confederación Nactional del Trabajo CNT.

So maybe only internationally you could see it.
There is only one CNT in Spain no reason to put any thing more.

akai
Offline
Joined: 29-09-06
May 13 2018 18:24

I love the name. Really.

melenas
Offline
Joined: 10-12-14
May 13 2018 18:34

ICL/International Confederation of Labor

melenas
Offline
Joined: 10-12-14
May 13 2018 20:58
Quote:
EL CONGRESO FUNDACIONAL CUMPLE SUS OBJETIVOS: NACE LA CONFEDERACIÓN INTERNACIONAL DEL TRABAJO

EL CONGRESO FUNDACIONAL CUMPLE SUS OBJETIVOS: NACE LA CONFEDERACIÓN INTERNACIONAL DEL TRABAJO

Durante estos cuatro días en Parma (Italia) nace la nueva internacional del sindicalismo revolucionario y del anarcosindicalismo.

CNT somos su sección española junto a otras: alemana, italiana, griega, polaca, estadounidense, canadiense...

Se acaban de aprobar sus estatutos bajo el nombre de Confederación Internacional del Trabajo

melenas
Offline
Joined: 10-12-14
May 13 2018 20:11
Quote:
Gründung der Internationalen Arbeiter*innen Konföderation (IAK) in Parma

Am 13. Mai 2018 wurde unter minutenlangem Applaus die Gründung der internationalen Gewerkschaftskonföderation IAK in Parma (Italien) vollzogen. Delegierte aus sieben Ländern hatten sich drei Tage über Statuten und Arbeitsschwerpunkte verständigt, um dem globalisierten Kapitalismus und den autoritären Entwicklungen in Europa und den Amerikas endlich eine kämpferische Internationale syndikalistischer Gewerkschaften entgegenzustellen.

akai
Offline
Joined: 29-09-06
May 13 2018 21:32

In relation to the post above in Spanish, this is really an interesting international which has sections whose organizations haven't voted to join yet. But details, details... smile

melenas
Offline
Joined: 10-12-14
May 13 2018 22:21
akai wrote:
In relation to the post above in Spanish, this is really an interesting international which has sections whose organizations haven't voted to join yet. But details, details... :-)

Mrs split:

Which section didn't vote? Because they came with agreements, or is like in other situations that you decide about other organizations if they take agreements or not base on your own criteria?

In CNT we saw several times how you were deciding which agreements of CNT were valid and which no base on your own criteria.

Also is interesting the delegates of WAS and ARS that express interest about the new international.

klas batalo's picture
klas batalo
Offline
Joined: 5-07-09
May 14 2018 02:32

Looks like the IWW NARA delegates went against their mandate and committed the IWW NARA to founding the CIT and being secretariat in 4 years.

IWW NARA 2017 Convention Mandate wrote:
Be It Resolved, that any decision to affiliate with the new international shall be made via a member referendum.

Ragnar
Offline
Joined: 29-12-15
May 14 2018 03:31

Let's see, all unions have to endorse, or make referendum or the meeting they need to ratify or not the outcome of the congress.

And even then, it can be taken for granted, except rare, as the attendees comment and the work is almost two year of previous work ... it is easy to see that those will be the members of ICL.

melenas
Offline
Joined: 10-12-14
May 14 2018 04:55

In all the congresses and in al the organizations there is a period to retificate the agreements or not. Totally normal. I go further, this is free federation, in any moment can a union decide to change and leave.

akai
Offline
Joined: 29-09-06
May 14 2018 06:20

Melenas, Klas has given one answer to your question/accusation. I don't find it a minor point - I find it a basic problem when people don't understand this concept.

Hope the folks in NA who do understand this will work to ensure that people don't act this way. (Or you can end up with fallout like the CNT-R.)

Yepa
Offline
Joined: 26-09-09
May 14 2018 07:15

Akai, as general secretary of IWA, it is pathetic to see you trolling in every post of CNT or the new international. Just mind your own business and your own organization. You will be remembered as one of the main persons that destroyed IWA loosing 95% of the members. You took active part in an internal conflict of an organization that wasn’t yours when you should stay neutral as IWA Secretary, adding fire instead of looking for consensus.
Just leave us alone.

akai
Offline
Joined: 29-09-06
May 14 2018 08:08

This is a public discuss and the purpose of such forums is exactly to discuss, not to serve as a promotional tool for one option. Furthermore, your posts avoid the merit of what was said and try to harrass people, especially using untrue statements, while your friend tries to attach sexist married titles. This way of acting is why you had internal problems, not me. I really wonder how stupid people have to be to give credence to your theories instead if the most likely scenario.

I hooe comrades of IWW will do a better job of sorting things out than you did in Spain.

Topic locked