Friend of mine is standing for Unite general sec., against McCluskey and Coyne

Submitted by Craftwork on December 17, 2016

Spikymike

7 years 4 months ago

In reply to by libcom.org

Submitted by Spikymike on December 17, 2016

If anyone is a member of the UNITE union they will find this interesting in so far as Allinson makes some good, if unexceptional, points about the extent of government and employer attacks on workers and the limited ability in practice of the union to respond to these, but doesn't really get to grips with any real answers to the 'Why Oh Why' question, putting it down in the end to bad leadership at the top and still, whilst arguing against relying on electoral politics, harbours foolish illusions in the value of a political partnership with the Corbynite leadership of Labour.

petey

7 years 4 months ago

Submitted by petey on December 17, 2016

Spikymike

If anyone is a member of the UNITE union they will find this interesting in so far as Allinson makes some good, if unexceptional, points about the extent of government and employer attacks on workers and the limited ability in practice of the union to respond to these, but doesn't really get to grips with any real answers to the 'Why Oh Why' question, putting it down in the end to bad leadership at the top and still, whilst arguing against relying on electoral politics, harbours foolish illusions in the value of a political partnership with the Corbynite leadership of Labour.

that was an impressive sentence.
(i have noyhing to contribute about the politics of the situation.)

Noah Fence

7 years 4 months ago

Submitted by Noah Fence on December 17, 2016

Shit Craftwork, I empathise with you - many of my friends are Corbynites too!