Ohio Militia Calls for Armed March on Washington

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Entdinglichung's picture
Entdinglichung
Apr 26 2009 10:51
Ohio Militia Calls for Armed March on Washington

more from the lunatic fringes of the US far right: http://www.splcenter.org/blog/2009/04/24/ohio-militia-calls-for-armed-march-on-washington/

"Identifying himself as “Pale Horse,” apparently a reference to the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, and speaking through a creepy voice distorter, the Ohio militiaman detailed his brazen vision: “A peaceful demonstration of at least a million — hey, if we can get 10 million, even better — but at least one million armed militia men marching on Washington. A peaceful demonstration. No shooting, no one gets hurt. Just a demonstration. The only difference from any typical demonstration is we will all be armed.”"

Auto's picture
Auto
Apr 26 2009 11:09
Entdinglichung wrote:
more from the lunatic fringes of the US far right: http://www.splcenter.org/blog/2009/04/24/ohio-militia-calls-for-armed-march-on-washington/

"Identifying himself as “Pale Horse,” apparently a reference to the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, and speaking through a creepy voice distorter, the Ohio militiaman detailed his brazen vision: “A peaceful demonstration of at least a million — hey, if we can get 10 million, even better — but at least one million armed militia men marching on Washington. A peaceful demonstration. No shooting, no one gets hurt. Just a demonstration. The only difference from any typical demonstration is we will all be armed.”"

'no shooting, no one gets hurt'.

Y'see, the problem with a large mass of people with guns (especially if being watched by armed police/soldiers) is that all it takes is for one of them to get a little trigger happy and it'll all end in tears.

Farce's picture
Farce
Apr 27 2009 13:51
Entdinglichung wrote:

"Identifying himself as “Pale Horse,” apparently a reference to the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse..."

Shit! There's an American version of Chris Knight! sad I just hope this doesn't mean the American far-right are going to start doing rubbish confusing street theatre.

spitzenprodukte's picture
spitzenprodukte
Apr 27 2009 14:05

Does this remind anyone else of Marcus Brigstocke on The Now Show week before last? Maybe this is the wrong audience...

rob's picture
rob
Apr 27 2009 17:11

I'm really interested to see how the "pale horse" of revelation which carries plagues for mankind is able to organize a peaceful demonstration...

Blackhawk
Apr 27 2009 17:48

These militia rightists are always making calls for demos that never happen.

Entdinglichung's picture
Entdinglichung
Apr 28 2009 08:49

more weird stuff from the US far right: http://www.talk2action.org/story/2009/4/27/115621/671/Front_Page/_Santas_and_Elves_Distribute_Anti_Jewish_Comic_To_Children

Alderson Warm-Fork
Apr 28 2009 10:14
rob wrote:
I'm really interested to see how the "pale horse" of revelation which carries plagues for mankind is able to organize a peaceful demonstration...

I may be wrong, but I think the rider commonly identified as plague/pestilence was on a white horse (with a crown and a bow). The pale horse was death.