Puerto Rican student strike

67 posts / 0 new
Last post
Juan Conatz's picture
Juan Conatz
Jan 9 2011 22:51

A comrade in NEFAC alerted me to the existence of Acción Libertaria. I think this is one of their members' blog.

This is the first anarchist group I've ever heard of in PR.

another blog I've found
Puerto Rico Libertario

Mark.
Jan 12 2011 23:17

UPR a battleground first day of class

Quote:
Parts of the University of Puerto Rico campus in Rio Piedras became a battle ground Tuesday when a demonstration against the $800 tuition fee turned violent. 

[…]

With the resumption of classes following the Christmas holiday, some students opted to go class, entering the Río Piedras campus without any problems but others continued their protests against the $800 special fee at the Ponce de Leon Avenue entrance, a segment of which had to be closed. 

[…]

It was then that a huge crowd of students — carrying placards urging dialogue — began a march across the campus. Students wearing masks and bandanas threw smoke bombs inside the Social Sciences and the Business Administration faculties to force students out of classes. 

The group headed towards the Student Center and broke doors and chairs there. Then, they went to the Architecture School and also forced students out using smoke bombs...

Photos 1 ----- Photos 2

Updates in Spanish: rojogallito.blogspot

Mark.
Jan 15 2011 17:06

A report on events on Thursday is now in libcom news

Mark.
Jan 23 2011 23:34

Photo reports from UPR civil disobedience campaign

Wednesday 19 January ----- Thursday 20 January

Mark.
Feb 1 2012 11:58

Documentary on the Puerto Rico student strike (English subtitles)

Mark.
Feb 1 2012 11:58

The Italianization of Puerto Rico: a reflection on social struggles against university policies in the world's oldest colony