The State Assault on Planned Parenthood

Submitted by infektfm on April 4, 2016

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/03/28/opinion/the-state-assault-on-planned-parenthood.html?_r=0&referer

"All these fights, of course, circle back to the decades-long crusade by conservative lawmakers to end women’s access to safe and legal abortion — and increasingly, to reduce their access to contraception. On Thursday, Gov. Mike Pence of Indiana signed a bill that further limits reproductive services in that state, including a flatly unconstitutional ban on abortions for fetal abnormalities and a provision making doctors legally liable in such cases."

My brother actually helped to inform this article -- which is why its the only good article in the NYT. Yes I'm biased.

On a more serious note, this is all very worrying. Conservatives have obviously lost the national discourse when it comes to reproductive rights, and in their desperate effort to reinforce patriarchy and energize their base, they have been effectively making reproductive health services non-existent in many parts of the country.

arminius

7 years 12 months ago

In reply to by libcom.org

Submitted by arminius on April 4, 2016

Yes, I have the sense that they have (and know it) lost the battle on this question in public discourse, but are winning the battle by back- and under-handed other means. - and not just on this one issue either. Very distressing.