IWA members in Serbia arrested

106 posts / 0 new
Last post
Joseph Kay's picture
Joseph Kay
Sep 29 2009 21:17
Caiman del Barrio wrote:
Hi

Why wasn't this publicised better? I probably could have forwarded it on and got some more people down...not sure it was even on SF internal list?

i heard from the SLSF Secretary... think it was on the list unless he mentioned it on the phone. but yes publicity was poor and turnout corresponded.

akai
Sep 30 2009 06:48

Comrades,
The situation doesn't look too good right now in Belgrade. We got word that the police did not finish their investigation as planned on the 28th. As I understand it, if the crime carries a sentence of more than 10 years, this remand period can be extended for up to 6 months. I am a little confused about what thing: whether or not that means that by the 4th charges still have to be pressed or whether they just extend the remand without charges - I am waiting for clarification of this question. Of course in many E European countries following process of law is a joke anyway and one can expect rules to be broken.

rat's picture
rat
Sep 30 2009 07:47

I've missed two of these pickets — but will definitely be on the next one.

Any plans for the date?

The AF will put the details on our site again.

MT
Sep 30 2009 07:48

Is here anyone who could make a libcom site related to the case. It could help to make info clearer and more visible. I am antitalent so anyone willing? I mean something like there was libcom.org/ssangyong-occupation. we could have for example libcom.org/belgrade-solidarity or something. PM me please, thanks

gypsy
Sep 30 2009 08:28

that seems like a great idea MT

Steven.'s picture
Steven.
Sep 30 2009 20:10

Yes, that would be fine. It's just need someone who will take responsibility for posting updates.

AES's picture
AES
Sep 30 2009 20:34

I'll do this initially, unless if someone else prefers to do it. it will take a while to get the basics sorted - I have been observing this since a few days before they were detained and have a chronology of the articles etc in various languages

tigersiskillers
Sep 30 2009 22:22
akai wrote:
Just to clarify some of the numbers:
SWIFT: RZBSRSBG
RAIFFEISEN BANKA AD
Address: Bulevar Zorana Djindjica 64
BEOGRAD, RS

Beneficiary customer:

IBAN RS35265050000016043150
MILAN (MILUTIN) STOJANOVIĆ
(ADDRESS: SENJE)

Some groups are collecting money in their countries and sending larger amounts.

Remember, we will be finding out by Monday what the prosecutor intends to do. There are already legal costs, but they may become even higher.

Sorry to be a clueless tit, but can anyone explain how I can transfer money to this account? I'm used to doing stuff with sort codes and account numbers but none of this means anything to me...

Or if anyone is collecting money in the UK that would be good to know.

Steven.'s picture
Steven.
Sep 30 2009 23:10

Okay, well I wasn't really sure what to call it as there doesn't seem to be one predominant name for this campaign yet, so I went with Belgrade 6. All the content we have so far is here:
http://libcom.org/tags/belgrade-6

So to add to this archive just tag any addition with "Belgrade 6". What we really need is one introductory article which explains the whole issue to a new person - we will then linked to this as a key article from the introduction. If someone could not one of them up that would be great. Please feel free to create a photo gallery of the support images, etc.

Properly formatted news articles should be submitted as news, but random things like leaflets and statements should be submitted as library entries. Don't worry if you're not completely sure what to do, just post things up and editors will sort everything out. Cheers!

AES's picture
AES
Oct 11 2009 15:15

http://asi.zsp.net.pl/update-oct-9/

Quote:
Update: Oct.9

The prosecutor asked for imprisonment of the comrades for an additional two months. The judge agreed to one month. The comrades are to give statements on Oct. 10.

The judge should press charges within 7 days of the closing of the investigation. A “reconstruction” of the events is scheduled for 12-13 Oct. Last time, the reconstruction was postponed.

It is unclear if the investigation will end this week and charges will be pressed or not.

akai
Oct 11 2009 22:40

Thanks for putting it up; I didn't have time.
BTW, a new page is in the works, almost ready.
We are gathering the signatures of groups that support the demand for release of the comrades. PM me if your group wants to sign.

Farce's picture
Farce
Oct 14 2009 23:29
tigersiskillers wrote:
akai wrote:
Just to clarify some of the numbers:
SWIFT: RZBSRSBG
RAIFFEISEN BANKA AD
Address: Bulevar Zorana Djindjica 64
BEOGRAD, RS

Beneficiary customer:

IBAN RS35265050000016043150
MILAN (MILUTIN) STOJANOVIĆ
(ADDRESS: SENJE)

Sorry to be a clueless tit, but can anyone explain how I can transfer money to this account? I'm used to doing stuff with sort codes and account numbers but none of this means anything to me...

Or if anyone is collecting money in the UK that would be good to know.

Same here - when I try to do a funds transfer it doesn't ask me for a swift code, just a sort code (which is numbers not letters), and an account number.

PartyBucket's picture
PartyBucket
Oct 14 2009 23:53

What about setting up a PayPal account for donations? Would probably make it easier for people to send money.

jef costello's picture
jef costello
Oct 15 2009 00:13

The IBAN is the international bank account identifying number so that is the number that is most important. I'd send it as a group as you will pay a fee (usually flat and incermental) per fransfer.

Libertaria's picture
Libertaria
Dec 3 2009 03:03

I was wondering if there was any new information coming out on the case?