Birmingham Anarchist Federation

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
Conanon's picture
Conanon
Jul 15 2011 19:07
Birmingham Anarchist Federation

Hello all.

I came to notice that alot of the Anarchists in Birmingham and its surrounding areas are very individualistic and prefer to do their own thing rather than stand with Comrades. I don't condemn this, but, I believe that if we are to be taken seriously we need to have some level of unity.

Me and a fellow comrade then decided to form the B.A.F to act as a rally point for any Anarchists near to Birmingham. However it is in early days yet and we need all the support and publicity we can get.
If anyone wishes to join or offer any support I will add a link to the Facebook page at the bottom of this post.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I'd also like to add that there have been previous attempts at such a group (Birmingham Anarchist Network) Which dissolved for unknown reasons. We, however, are determinded to make the BAF a success and will carry on regardless of numbers.

Birminham Anarchist Federation Facebook Page.

Chilli Sauce's picture
Chilli Sauce
Jul 15 2011 19:20

Good luck. I was under the impression that the IWW had a sizable presence up in Brum?

In any case, there's plans in motion for an SF local in Brum soon too, so y'all should def be talking. If you're interested, PM Choccy or Gypsy here on Libcom.

Conanon's picture
Conanon
Jul 15 2011 22:55

Cheers man, will definitly get chatting.

888's picture
Jul 15 2011 22:59

You should probably point out BAF isn't part of the UK Anarchist Federation (unless you are)

Chilli Sauce's picture
Chilli Sauce
Jul 16 2011 08:49

Oh? Are you a part of AF?

And, if you're not (and I don't mean this as criticism), why didn't you choose to plug into one of the existing federations? Or the IWW for that matter, although you may be looking for something specifically anarchist that doesn't have the workplace focus, which would be fair enough?

Steven.'s picture
Steven.
Jul 16 2011 11:05

Yeah, it doesn't look like this is part of the Anarchist Federation, which is not what is implied by the name

Battlescarred
Jul 16 2011 11:14

Yes, if you are setting this up, Conanon, you need to be clear that this is not part of the AF. not a criticism but just a request for clarigfication. I wish you all the best if you can further organisational cohesiveness.

thegonzokid's picture
thegonzokid
Jul 17 2011 18:33

Why not call it something like Birmingham Anarchist Group to avoid confusion? Federation also tends to imply there's more than one group organised non-hierarchically.

georgestapleton's picture
georgestapleton
Jul 18 2011 13:53

Hey. I left the midlands two years ago but when I was there there was a good substantial IWW branch. I'd definitely recommend getting in touch with them if you havne't already and are looking for more socially oriented anarchists.