i m good

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
imaginativeguy
Mar 28 2015 08:05
i m good

In the break room, we had a little flip chart on the wall instructing us what to do in the event of various emergencies--chemical spill, fire, tornadoes, etc About halfway down the list there was tab, 'contact by organized labor". So there you have it, according to Lowe's management, a child being abducted is equal to union organizer stepping into the store.

jojo
Mar 28 2015 08:34

This is because Unions and Management have similar interests and work closely together. Management wouldn't want to miss out on welcoming the visiting Union person, even if it was a heavily disguised greeting. Management wouldn't want to offend the Union they're too important!

Edit. Are imaginativeguy and Chilli sauce the same person? They both wrote the same paragraph!

autonomice
Mar 28 2015 11:04

No. It's just a spam bot copying text from other people's posts to try and sound convincing

Chilli Sauce's picture
Chilli Sauce
Mar 28 2015 10:53

Jojo, you have an impressive memory for my posts!

SPAMMER banned.

Serge Forward's picture
Serge Forward
Mar 28 2015 11:41

I don't get the spammers of today. I mean, where's the link to lure us away from here? Not even a rick roll.

Anarcho
Mar 28 2015 13:02
jojo wrote:
This is because Unions and Management have similar interests and work closely together. Management wouldn't want to miss out on welcoming the visiting Union person, even if it was a heavily disguised greeting. Management wouldn't want to offend the Union they're too important!

As a union rep, I can tell you that is nonsense -- sure, the union officialdom may wish a quiet life and nice deals with management but on the ground that is far from the case. But the officialdom is not "the union" and this kind of comment sums up much of what is wrong with the revolutionary movement in the UK.

Ultimately, it all depends on how active the union membership is and how militant they are -- the reps, as they are workers, can be a focus for struggle. Dismissing the whole union movement is simply nonsense -- I can tell you the people crossing picket lines are not in unions because they consider them too reformist!

Noah Fence's picture
Noah Fence
Mar 28 2015 16:55
Quote:
I can tell you the people crossing picket lines are not in unions because they consider them too reformist!

Sorry Anarcho, I'm probably being thick but I didn't understand this sentence. Could you explain please?

jojo
Mar 29 2015 00:33
Webby wrote:
Quote:
I can tell you the people crossing picket lines are not in unions because they consider them too reformist!

Sorry Anarcho, I'm probably being thick but I didn't understand this sentence. Could you explain please?

People who think that unions are "reformist" only, are right. Unfortunately we live in the era of collapsing capital when reforms are no longer possible, so the unions just conspire to mislead the class from its revolutionary vocation.

Juan Conatz's picture
Juan Conatz
Mar 29 2015 00:49

Spam thread locked and moved to Bin. If you want to continue this line of conversation, I'd suggest starting a new thread.

Topic locked