Priama akcia in a conflict with an NGO Dive maky - emails/faxes appreciated (Update: conflict won!)

Submitted by MT on February 3, 2016

OZ Dive maky is an NGO in Bratislava. Priama akcia is taking action to protest wage theft in the organization. Michal worked in the NGO for almost a year and a half, on a fake self-employment contract, because the NGO did not want to make health and social security contrabutions. A few months ago, M. decided to leave and they signed an agreement terminating their "cooperation". The NGO recognized that it should pay him 950 euros, but haven't paid it yet. M. tried many times to get his money. Finally, Priama akcia visited the NGO, demanding payment. lnstead of paying what was owed, the NGO's lawyer threatened them.

Priama akcia is calling on individuals and organizations to support the efforts to get M.'s long overdue pay.

There is an e-mail form on their webpage, which you can use to send a protest.
http://www.priamaakcia.sk/index.php?action=soliMail&soliMail_id=61
It already contains the template, just click on the English flag, fill in your details and captcha and submit by clicking on "Odoslať". It is possible to change the text in the e-form, if you like.

People can also send faxes or emails. A sample letter can be found below.

Fax: +421 2 5244 4074
Please inform us about the faxes you sent.

E-mail: [email protected]
Please put our e-mail address [email protected] in the BCC of your e-mail.

Subject: In support of the former worker of OZ Dive maky

I am writing to protest against the actions of the administrator of OZ Dive maky Barbora Kohutikova, who refused to pay the contractual remuneration in the amount of 950 € to the former worker Michal R. I think the administrator is directly responsible for the solution of this situation. If the remuneration is not paid up, I will inform as many people as possible about this case.

OZ Dive maky, is it worth gambling with the reputation of your organization and the fates of the children you support? Settle the dispute as soon as possible by paying up for the work of your former worker, which contributed to the fulfilment of your aims. Doing charity work does not give you a right to do whatever you want with your contractual obligations.

I express my support to Michal R. and the campaign aimed at getting his remuneration.

[Name, Organization, Country]

Source: IWA-AIT website

UPDATE (3rd February 2016):
The conflict was won by Priama akcia. See the full story here: http://www.priamaakcia.sk/Victory-of-Priama-akcia-union-in-conflict-with-NGO-Dive-maky-concerning-unpaid-remuneration.html

syndicalist

8 years 4 months ago

In reply to by libcom.org

Submitted by syndicalist on November 24, 2015

Solidarity comrades!

boozemonarchy

8 years 4 months ago

Submitted by boozemonarchy on November 25, 2015

Solidarity.

Fucking NGOs. Worst bosses I've ever had.

MT

8 years 4 months ago

Submitted by MT on November 25, 2015

Thank you, comrades! The boss is now in the mode of ignoring us - unfortunately for her:) We hope to get as much protest emails as possible, though. You can send one via your email or via e-form as mentioned in the article. It is a crucial conflict for PA.

syndicalist

8 years 4 months ago

Submitted by syndicalist on November 25, 2015

W.S.A. members have been notified and trust they will send individual e-form letters.

MT

8 years 3 months ago

Submitted by MT on December 31, 2015

Some news here:

http://libcom.org/news/iwa-secretariat-enquired-about-practices-ngo-div%C3%A9-maky-bratislava-interview-31122015

Thanks to all of you who supported the conflict so far!

Sleeper

8 years 3 months ago

Submitted by Sleeper on January 1, 2016

Is there a way of supporting this worker and others without having to support the iwa as a by-poduct?

Chilli Sauce

8 years 3 months ago

Submitted by Chilli Sauce on January 2, 2016

Fai1937

Is there a way of supporting this worker and others without having to support the iwa as a by-poduct?

That really is an impressive level of dickishness, especially from someone who has "FAI" in their username...

akai

8 years 3 months ago

Submitted by akai on January 2, 2016

MT, l think this is obviously a newbie with a lot of different questions, not a troll.

That said, it is obvious that if he is scared out supporting the lWA, there must be a good reason. (hehe) l am just wondering if he would share it with us.

Maybe he is afraid the lWA will act like CNT in 1937. :-) Or like FAl. :-)

Or maybe he heard that PA are bureaucrats who control the working class. :-) Who knows - there are lots of interesting rumors around.

Don't worry - l know the truth :-).

Sleeper

8 years 3 months ago

Submitted by Sleeper on January 2, 2016

Stop the personal abuse now, it only leads to trouble for everyone concerned. I appreciate it might be a middle class trait but please leave it out.

I think it's perfectly reasonable and comradely to ask if there's a way of contacting those involved directly, or of highlighting their plight without using anarchosyndicalist literature.

Chilli Sauce

Fai1937

That really is an impressive level of dickishness, especially from someone who has "FAI" in their username...

Chilli Sauce

8 years 3 months ago

Submitted by Chilli Sauce on January 2, 2016

Well now, aren't we playing the martyr.

I'm an ex-member of the IWA and there are plenty of criticisms to be made of the IWA. But to attempt to score some petty political points in a thread about supporting a f*cked-over worker, surely even you can see how much a penis that makes you look like.

akai

8 years 3 months ago

Submitted by akai on January 3, 2016

PA asked for support of the worker by sending emails. You could use their form or do it yourself, although the benefit with using their form is they get to see if people are responding or not.

Other than that, you could write your own article if you don't want to copy PA's, but... what - you would want to censor the fact that this comes from an anarchosyndicalist union? Any reason why?

As for criticisms, l think there are criticisms we can make of all organizations, l would be the first to always talk about what needs to be improved in my org, the lWA etc.. But what is very positive about our federation is that there are a lot of stories like this of comrades taking action where nobody else in their locations would act and that we support each other on an international level to help win such conflicts.

So, although l think maybe the question wasn't so polite the way one person said it, one wonders why you would not want to offer support because of who does this and one wonders why on earth you seem to be bashing anarchosyndicalism but go around calling yourself FAl1937 - it seems like a big contradiction.

ln any case, if it is such a big moral problem for you, don't worry - l guess all will survive without your personal solidarity.

Sleeper

8 years 3 months ago

Submitted by Sleeper on January 5, 2016

You helmet

Chilli Sauce

Well now, aren't we playing the martyr.

I'm an ex-member of the IWA and there are plenty of criticisms to be made of the IWA. But to attempt to score some petty political points in a thread about supporting a f*cked-over worker, surely even you can see how much a penis that makes you look like.

Sleeper

8 years 3 months ago

Submitted by Sleeper on January 5, 2016

I asked a question and I got personal abuse. Does that not make you think what a newcomer would make of stupid and abusive replies. Does it not give you pause for thought when you think of how to grow a movement?

If you can't work out why I asked the question that's fine, just answer it or don't answer it comrade. You don't need a written fucking explanation, and you're not getting one.

akai

PA asked for support of the worker by sending emails. You could use their form or do it yourself, although the benefit with using their form is they get to see if people are responding or not.

Other than that, you could write your own article if you don't want to copy PA's, but... what - you would want to censor the fact that this comes from an anarchosyndicalist union? Any reason why?

As for criticisms, l think there are criticisms we can make of all organizations, l would be the first to always talk about what needs to be improved in my org, the lWA etc.. But what is very positive about our federation is that there are a lot of stories like this of comrades taking action where nobody else in their locations would act and that we support each other on an international level to help win such conflicts.

So, although l think maybe the question wasn't so polite the way one person said it, one wonders why you would not want to offer support because of who does this and one wonders why on earth you seem to be bashing anarchosyndicalism but go around calling yourself FAl1937 - it seems like a big contradiction.

ln any case, if it is such a big moral problem for you, don't worry - l guess all will survive without your personal solidarity.

Chilli Sauce

8 years 3 months ago

Submitted by Chilli Sauce on January 6, 2016

I asked a question and I got personal abuse.

Wait, I abused you? By calling you a martyr? That is some seriously thin skin.

Does it not give you pause for thought when you think of how to grow a movement?

You know a great way to build a movement? By slagging off other anarchist groups on a thread about supporting a victimized worker. Yup, that'll definitely do the trick...

In other words, take a bit of your own advice here dude.

MT

8 years 2 months ago

Submitted by MT on February 3, 2016

Victory of Priama akcia union in conflict with NGO Divé maky concerning unpaid remuneration

In the first half of November 2015, we started a conflict with the NGO Divé maky concerning unpaid remuneration for their former worker Michal, who approached us and asked for help. After more than two months we have good news – Michal received the whole amount of 950 € to his account on the 22nd January 2016. Despite the fact that Divé maky used threats, defamation and intimidation against us and Michal during the whole conflict, it did not help them. The tactics of protests and direct actions proved to be effective. We want to thank everyone who spread the information about the conflict and expressed their support for Michal.

Full story here: http://www.priamaakcia.sk/Victory-of-Priama-akcia-union-in-conflict-with-NGO-Dive-maky-concerning-unpaid-remuneration.html

Chilli Sauce

8 years 2 months ago

Submitted by Chilli Sauce on February 4, 2016

Well done!

Lugius

8 years 2 months ago

Submitted by Lugius on February 4, 2016

Good work!

Sleeper

8 years 2 months ago

Submitted by Sleeper on February 4, 2016

You have to keep it in peoples minds now, how and whatever that takes.

Chilli Sauce

I asked a question and I got personal abuse.

Wait, I abused you? By calling you a martyr? That is some seriously thin skin.

Does it not give you pause for thought when you think of how to grow a movement?

You know a great way to build a movement? By slagging off other anarchist groups on a thread about supporting a victimized worker. Yup, that'll definitely do the trick...

In other words, take a bit of your own advice here dude.

syndicalist

8 years 2 months ago

Submitted by syndicalist on February 4, 2016

Congrats comrades

trinalynne.star

8 years 1 month ago

Submitted by trinalynne.star on March 10, 2016

wow! this is great!