Starting salford Antifa?

40 posts / 0 new
Last post
BrazillianJiuJitsu1992's picture
BrazillianJiuJi...
Nov 1 2011 18:47
Starting salford Antifa?

Why is there no salford Antifa?

Any salford anarchists fancy starting something PM me.

First person to call me a cop wins a soda can.

Django's picture
Django
Nov 1 2011 18:55

It might make sense to get in touch with Manchester Antifascist Alliance.

radicalgraffiti
Nov 1 2011 19:12

this is not hte kind of thing you should discuss online, if you don't know peopel who would be interested in real life, then its probable better not to try and organise something like this until you do.

and if your not a cop there is a very good chance that anyone contacting you is

BrazillianJiuJi...
Nov 1 2011 19:25
radicalgraffiti wrote:
this is not hte kind of thing you should discuss online, if you don't know peopel who would be interested in real life, then its probable better not to try and organise something like this until you do.

and if your not a cop there is a very good chance that anyone contacting you is

Security culture is such a joke in radical communities, as if anarchists are top of the mi5 watchlist and cops are scrambling to defeat the anarchocommie uprising in the pipes, it is self defeating and seems like an excuse not to have to do anything.

Antifa Solfed, Afed you try and get in contact, do something but theres no network there for anyone to get active, unless of course your a middle class Uni guy.

radicalgraffiti
Nov 1 2011 19:32

this is our contact page http://afed.org.uk/organisation/contact.html
as far as i know it works in the browsers of everyone, not just "middle class Uni guy"s

BrazillianJiuJi...
Nov 1 2011 19:35
radicalgraffiti wrote:
as far as i know it works in the browsers of everyone, not just "middle class Uni guy"s

Great, but Afed do fuck all and have no basis in working class communities, so whats the point?

Admin: please read the posting guidelines and be civil.

JoeMaguire's picture
JoeMaguire
Nov 1 2011 19:38
Quote:
Antifa Solfed, Afed you try and get in contact, do something but theres no network there for anyone to get active, unless of course your a middle class Uni guy.

The point of anarchism is that you organise yourself. Maybe that escaped you.

BrazillianJiuJi...
Nov 1 2011 19:42
JoeMaguire wrote:
Quote:

Maybe that kind of stupid attitude is why Anarchists got defeated in Krondstadt, Catalonia and is now exclusively a students tool to piss daddy off.

Believe it or not me on my own can not single handedly take on the racists on the estate, organise workers and build a movement, wheres solidarity?

radicalgraffiti
Nov 1 2011 19:50
BrazillianJiuJitsu1992 wrote:
radicalgraffiti wrote:

Great, but Afed do fuck all and have no basis in working class communities, so whats the point?

afed is a tiny group like all anarchist groups in the UK, so we cant do as much as we would like, but i think we do a fair amount given our numbers. there is no anarchist group in the uk that could relay claim the have a "basis in working class communities", what ever they means, probably because they are tiny, the only way i see they changing is if people "working class communities" join and organise their.
I put "working clss communities" in quotes because i don't know what you mean by this, i don';t think people in the uk generally live in communities, and i'm not sure what you mean by working class either

radicalgraffiti
Nov 1 2011 19:53
JoeMaguire wrote:
Quote:

Maybe that kind of stupid attitude is why Anarchists got defeated in Krondstadt, Catalonia and is now exclusively a students tool to piss daddy off.

so now your just making shit up?

Believe it or not me on my own can not single handedly take on the racists on the estate, organise workers and build a movement, wheres solidarity?

no one is telling you to do this, your acting like you expect anarchists to materialise out of thin air and do things for you

JoeMaguire's picture
JoeMaguire
Nov 1 2011 19:52

Bin.

BrazillianJiuJi...
Nov 1 2011 19:59
radicalgraffiti wrote:
JoeMaguire wrote:
Quote:

so now your just making shit up?

no one is telling you to do this, your acting like you expect anarchists to materialise out of thin air and do things for you

I expected some help, sure, sue me.

Ed's picture
Ed
Nov 1 2011 20:34

In fairness BJJ, you did go from 0 to "you're all a bunch of uni guys trying to piss off Daddy" in one post..

If you want context, 6 anti-fascists recently went to prison and two posters on libcom were exposed by right-wing newspapers this year.. so security culture is important, as is not insulting people immediately after asking for help..

BrazillianJiuJi...
Nov 1 2011 20:40

Yeah ok sorry, but its fucking frustrating not being able to do anything about all the shit that I hate.

Jim Clarke's picture
Jim Clarke
Nov 1 2011 20:57

Manchester SolFed have a blog, facebook, and twitter, you can also contact them via the contact page on the SolFed website.

But anyway, what django said: http://manchesterafa.org/

vanilla.ice.baby
Nov 1 2011 21:01

Perhaps he'd just rather whinge.

Brazilian just think how difficult things were before the internet!

tastybrain
Nov 1 2011 21:04
Yeah ok sorry, but its fucking frustrating not being able to do anything about all the shit that I hate.

Certainly an understandable feeling...

That said it's not productive to react with hostility to people who are trying to warn you about potential dangers of what you are doing.

plasmatelly's picture
plasmatelly
Nov 1 2011 21:48

odds on he doesn't contact nobody! BJJ - you've been given some good links and very good advice about anti-fascist protocol, can't get fairer than that?

Serge Forward's picture
Serge Forward
Nov 1 2011 22:54

Can I just say, those of you in Manchester AF, Solfed or MAFA, give this BrazillianJiuJitsu1992 character admin: no flaming, especially of new posters

Then bin this thread black bloc

Ed's picture
Ed
Nov 1 2011 23:08

Can everyone please leave off the new poster? For one, he's just passed his 19th birthday, I doubt many of us could say we had our behaviour all sorted at that age (I actually still don't, and have been told off on the SF list recently for mine)..

Secondly, if I'd have not joined groups based on whether or not I'd encounter people who sounded like 'smacked arses' I'd probably still never have joined a single organisation or campaign..

BrazillianJiuJi...
Nov 1 2011 23:10

Cheers for the links, sorry I just had a shit day at work and sick of the train, just frustrated in general, no excuse for being a cunt to you guys (EXCEPT SERGE).

Serge Forward's picture
Serge Forward
Nov 2 2011 00:04

Fuck off, Ed. No excuse. I organised my first strike at 17... in Salford, funnily enough surprised Mind you, I knew fuck all about anything at his age, so fair play to him. But, coming on here and gobbing off about your local groups (ahem, especially insulting my beloved AF) without provocation is a cunt's trick... and hardly the way to win friends and influence people.

Anyway, I see the lad's apologised to everyone except me grin Tell you what fella, if you ever get along to an FC United game, gimme a shout and I'll buy you a pint there. Other than that, pack it in being such a fuckin mard arse wink

BrazillianJiuJi...
Nov 2 2011 00:34
Serge Forward wrote:
Fuck off, Ed. No excuse. I organised my first strike at 17... in Salford, funnily enough surprised Mind you, I knew fuck all about anything at his age, so fair play to him. But, coming on here and gobbing off about your local groups (ahem, especially insulting my beloved AF) without provocation is a cunt's trick... and hardly the way to win friends and influence people.

Anyway, I see the lad's apologised to everyone except me grin Tell you what fella, if you ever get along to an FC United game, gimme a shout and I'll buy you a pint there. Other than that, pack it in being such a fuckin mard arse ;)

I know I was a bit rude but I don't deserve the punishment of watching FC united do I?

grin

Serge Forward's picture
Serge Forward
Nov 2 2011 00:48

Hmm.. well we do have our ups and downs at FC, so I see where you're coming from. Whatever, no pint for you laddie.

tastybrain
Nov 2 2011 00:50
Serge Forward wrote:
I organised my first strike at 17...

Legendary.

bastarx
Nov 2 2011 02:11
tastybrain wrote:
Serge Forward wrote:

Legendary.

Not bad but I know a guy who organised a strike at 5. Got all the other kids to stay out in the playground after the bell.

tastybrain
Nov 2 2011 02:14
Peter wrote:
tastybrain wrote:
Serge Forward wrote:

Legendary.

Not bad but I know a guy who organised a strike at 5. Got all the other kids to stay out in the playground after the bell.

Well by that standard I've wildcatted many a time grin

vanilla.ice.baby
Nov 2 2011 06:25
Serge Forward wrote:
Fuck off, Ed. No excuse. I organised my first strike at 17... in Salford, funnily enough surprised

Refusing to do the dishes until yer mum stops telling you what time to get home from Enter Shikari doesn't count.

Serge Forward's picture
Serge Forward
Nov 2 2011 08:39

Oi dodgepot, I would never have gone on strike over dishes against me mam, she would have slapped me up and down the house then nailed my head to the floor.

I've told the story on here before but I may as well tell it again beardiest

It was actually at a window factory on Regent Road, Salford - now demolished with a Burger King/Macdonalds/Pizza Hut in its place. It was the middle of winter and there was no heating and we were getting injuries.

My job was cutting lengths of rubber gasket with a stanley knife and feeding it into strips of aluminium but because my hands were so numb, my fingers were covered in knife cuts. The only heating we had was fucking donkey jackets. Anyway, I went round, had a chat with everyone and we decided to strike on the job. So we refused to work and played cards.

Management went apeshit. We told them to fuck off and come back with some heating. Management made excuses and told us it'd take at least a week to get heaters so we said we wouldn't work. We continued playing cards. Course, all that sitting around in the cold was actually worse and we were freezing to death. So to get our circulation going, some bright spark suggested we had a game of football.

If you want management to do something, a game of football in a window factory is a fucking winner. They got some big blow heaters in the same afternoon. Job done.

Toms's picture
Toms
Nov 2 2011 09:48
Peter wrote:
tastybrain wrote:
Serge Forward wrote:

Legendary.

My dad organized a strike when he was 7 or 8 (can't remember) and this was during Salazar. He got all the kids to go on strike, but the school principal called a friend of hers that was a retired PIDE which went to the school pretending to still be PIDE and told all the kids that if they didn't go back to classes they would start watching their parents. ANd so the strike ended xD

BrazillianJiuJi...
Nov 2 2011 10:25
Serge Forward wrote:
Oi dodgepot, I would never have gone on strike over dishes against me mam, she would have slapped me up and down the house then nailed my head to the floor.

I've told the story on here before but I may as well tell it again beardiest

It was actually at a window factory on Regent Road, Salford - now demolished with a Burger King/Macdonalds/Pizza Hut in its place. It was the middle of winter and there was no heating and we were getting injuries.

My job was cutting lengths of rubber gasket with a stanley knife and feeding it into strips of aluminium but because my hands were so numb, my fingers were covered in knife cuts. The only heating we had was fucking donkey jackets. Anyway, I went round, had a chat with everyone and we decided to strike on the job. So we refused to work and played cards.

Management went apeshit. We told them to fuck off and come back with some heating. Management made excuses and told us it'd take at least a week to get heaters so we said we wouldn't work. We continued playing cards. Course, all that sitting around in the cold was actually worse and we were freezing to death. So to get our circulation going, some bright spark suggested we had a game of football.

If you want management to do something, a game of football in a window factory is a fucking winner. They got some big blow heaters in the same afternoon. Job done.

HAHAHA trolling management in an epic way, fair play.