Wobblies for a Revolutionary Union Movement

35 posts / 0 new
Last post
EdmontonWobbly's picture
EdmontonWobbly
Dec 13 2017 17:59

"We decided to try and recruit every person who was mad about Trump and just open the flood gates. Now all of the problems of the activist scene are the problems of the iww. Where we were once an island of a bit of sanity we have now been overrun with people, lots of whom are actually opposed to workplace organising."

For the record I said this and stand by it. Kind of hilarious to find out about this post months later.

Jay_S
Jan 21 2018 21:22

Are these caucuses still active? How many caucuses exist in the IWW and what is there role? Is WRU a front group for 1st of May Anarchist Alliance? Is the Industrial Unionists a front group for the Community League of Tampa Bay? From the outside, they look like competing factions, with one promoting an antifascist protest activism model and the other a staff-driven trade unionism model. Are those really the dominant currents in the IWW today?

EdmontonWobbly's picture
EdmontonWobbly
Jan 26 2018 18:11

They're both minority groups and while they take up a lot of bandwidth almost all the members fall somewhere outside both groups programs.

Reddebrek's picture
Reddebrek
Feb 14 2018 11:12

I've only encountered both groups on this forum, none of the American Wobbly's I speak to are in either, I'm honestly not sure if they're aware of them, they certainly haven't mentioned them to me. I also don't believe either of them have even an online presence outside the US.