Just a few Questions

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
cantdocartwheels's picture
cantdocartwheels
Jul 5 2006 19:10
Just a few Questions

So i sent off a membership form and fee a few weeks back and haven't heard anything yet, wondered if tere were any meetings coming up, i'd guess london is closest to me.

I'm also in the process of joining unison, just sitting out my probation period for a fortnight at the moment, wondered what information is available regarding 24 hour live in work, searching the net seems to reveal very little regarding employment law about sleep ins and so on.

Steve
Jul 5 2006 22:30

Did you send it to Edinburgh or Manchester? We've just had a change of National Secretary so it might have fallen between two stools as it were. If you email solfed@solfed.org.uk someone should contact you.

We do have a member in Ipswich - Saii so maybe you could contact/pm him to find out what's happening down there.

I used to do sleep-ins years ago but I'm not up on the present situation. We used to get a sleep-in allowance then paid time and a half on top if you were woken up. I don't think you are expected to work a shift after a sleep in either but I could be wrong.

Steven.'s picture
Steven.
Jul 5 2006 23:23
Steve wrote:
I used to do sleep-ins years ago but I'm not up on the present situation. We used to get a sleep-in allowance

Oh, I was thinking "sleep-ins" were some kind of cool on-the-job action.

Cos if so I've done my fair share of them... (none collective, unfortunately, so far...)

the button's picture
the button
Jul 6 2006 08:45
cantdocartwheels wrote:
So i sent off a membership form and fee a few weeks back and haven't heard anything yet, wondered if tere were any meetings coming up, i'd guess london is closest to me.

Whereabouts are you based? I'm the secretary of South London SolFed. If you PM me your e-mail address, I could start including you in the circulation of minutes, etc. so you could get a feel for what we're up to. This would make you the fifth person in & around London who's contacted SolFed in the last month or so. eek

cantdocartwheels
Jul 6 2006 11:09
the button wrote:
Whereabouts are you based?

Varies due to the job, but generally west essex area. Was working in harlow up till last week, my permanant adress at the moment is south woodford which is in ilford north.

Quote:
I'm the secretary of South London SolFed. If you PM me your e-mail address, I could start including you in the circulation of minutes

Cheers will do

cantdocartwheels
Jul 6 2006 11:14
Steve wrote:
Did you send it to Edinburgh or Manchester? We've just had a change of National Secretary so it might have fallen between two stools as it were. If you email solfed@solfed.org.uk someone should contact you.

Manchester i think, i just dowloaded that membership form of your site and sent it to the address on the form.

Quote:
I used to do sleep-ins years ago but I'm not up on the present situation. We used to get a sleep-in allowance then paid time and a half on top if you were woken up. I don't think you are expected to work a shift after a sleep in either but I could be wrong.

Not sure about that, because its live in and therefore 24 hours for the week, thanks for the help though.

JDMF's picture
JDMF
Jul 6 2006 11:19

hey wheels, when you get the stuff processed please post on this thread:

http://libcom.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8991

and i'll get added you to the list.

I think generally it is better to go through a local than centrally, because typically the secretary will just forward the details to the nearest local anyway - good and bad sides in this way of doing things.

Anyways, i'll check from the secretary where the form got stuck to (unless steve beat me to it already?).

Steve
Jul 6 2006 12:36
JDMF wrote:
Anyways, i'll check from the secretary where the form got stuck to (unless steve beat me to it already?).

No not yet & I'm off on my hollies so I leave it to you. wink

JDMF's picture
JDMF
Jul 13 2006 09:53

wheels, nat sec is asking for more info to locate the missing app form.

actually, i'll pm you as well smile

JDMF's picture
JDMF
Jul 31 2006 10:39

yo wheels, hows this progressing?

I've talked to Nat Sec and he hasn't seen anything copming to Manchester. We have been receiving other membership application forms though.