Little confused as to the nature of this group

74 posts / 0 new
Last post
knightrose
Apr 12 2006 08:27
Quote:

FFS, we are pro-organisation anarchists who believe in responsibility, accountability, recallability, transparent structures and all that bollocks, and I for one would not like to see these bacis principles sacrificed just to appease the vague non-committal anarchists

no, don't worry, we are in complete agreement on that

the button's picture
the button
Apr 12 2006 08:38
JDMF wrote:
b) those who complain that EWN is not for everyone because they are such individualists that they wouldn't join any group in any case.

Bang on the money there, JDMF.

Clearly I'm not including knightrose in this, but I reckon a lot of the whining about the EWN being "closed" or "sectarian" comes from internet controversialists who wouldn't know workplace organisation if it bit their arse. And if it did bite their arse would run a fucking mile.

Joseph Kay's picture
Joseph Kay
Apr 12 2006 08:44
the button wrote:
internet controversialists who wouldn't know workplace organisation if it bit their arse. And if it did bite their arse would run a fucking mile.

arse biting: the raison d'etre of worklpace organisation? confused grin

sorry, derailing. i don't work in education i think i'm just a bit over keen to post inane one-liners after the shock of libcom going down. apologies comrades red n black star

the button's picture
the button
Apr 12 2006 08:46
Joseph K. wrote:
the button wrote:
internet controversialists who wouldn't know workplace organisation if it bit their arse. And if it did bite their arse would run a fucking mile.

arse biting: the raison d'etre of worklpace organisation? confused grin

Of course. Why else do it? confused

Joseph Kay's picture
Joseph Kay
Apr 12 2006 08:49

better add it to the FAQ then wink

'workplace organising' - libertarian communists advocate organising non-hierarchic groups based on mutual aid, solidarity and co-operation in order to agitate for libertarian revolution by means, obvioulsy, of gratuitous arse-biting.

the button's picture
the button
Apr 12 2006 08:52
Joseph K. wrote:

'workplace organising' - libertarian communists advocate organising non-hierarchic groups based on mutual aid, solidarity and co-operation in order to agitate for libertarian revolution by means, obvioulsy, of gratuitous arse-biting.

I'd prefer "libertarian revolution by any means necessary, up to and including arse-biting. Obviously."

Joseph Kay's picture
Joseph Kay
Apr 12 2006 08:55
the button wrote:
Joseph K. wrote:

I'd prefer "libertarian revolution by any means necessary, up to and including arse-biting. Obviously."

of course, we should not limit ourselves to arse-biting. that would be tantamount to reformism. You can have your thread back now wink

Deezer
Apr 12 2006 08:55

Is it just me or is it that a lot of the confusion on here is about the meanings people are applying to the word 'network' while some folk don't seem to be taking on board that the SolFed EWN is not about setting up a broad rank and file grouping/campaign?

It is specifically a network of anarcho-syndicalists isn't it?

Theres no reason I can see that the SolFed EWN would not work with other workers in a broader rank and file campaign but that would probably depend on the issues the r&f were organised around and what their exact strategy was. I mean if they were intent on calling for people to elect their endorsed candidates to the union bureacracy that might be problematic.

Cheers;

circle A red n black star

Steven.'s picture
Steven.
Apr 12 2006 09:34
Boulcolonialboy wrote:
Theres no reason I can see that the SolFed EWN would not work with other workers in a broader rank and file campaign but that would probably depend on the issues the r&f were organised around and what their exact strategy was

Would that not be the same as a Platformist strategy with another name (i.e. basically a necessity in the current times of little struggle and few militants)?

Deezer
Apr 28 2006 09:41

Sorry haven't looked at this in a while. John yer post only really makes any sense if you regard the possibility of workers organising around common goals with a common strategy as being copyrighted by 'platformists' - anarchist and workingclass organisation has been about longer than the platform and will continue to take place whether or not its used as a point of reference.

So no its not necessarily a platformist strategy as such. In relation to the strategies adopted by various platformist groups they don't appear to always be the same nor are often even consistent.

Steven.'s picture
Steven.
Apr 28 2006 09:55
Boulcolonialboy wrote:
Sorry haven't looked at this in a while. John yer post only really makes any sense if you regard the possibility of workers organising around common goals with a common strategy as being copyrighted by 'platformists' - anarchist and workingclass organisation has been about longer than the platform and will continue to take place whether or not its used as a point of reference.

So no its not necessarily a platformist strategy as such. In relation to the strategies adopted by various platformist groups they don't appear to always be the same nor are often even consistent.

I'd like to talk to you n revol about this in person to get this sorted, cos I don't really see where you're coming from. And revol I think is too defensive + thinks I'm trying to score points. Might be heading over to Belfast in a little while so will try to talk to you then if that's ok? Either that or start a thread some time...

Deezer
Jul 15 2006 20:48

Aye, come over, sorry I didn't check back in on this thread 'til now.

Looks like we're havin to push back the projectile Belfast thing due to venue problems. When we sort the dates why not come over for that?

Best;

Steven.'s picture
Steven.
Jul 16 2006 10:12

Yeah alright sounds good, lemme know the dates