Fighting for ourselves spanish version

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
Amadeus's picture
Amadeus
May 4 2014 22:46
Fighting for ourselves spanish version

Hi, i am from Mexico. I participate in the anarcosindicalist diffusion group "Unión Anarco-sindicalista" (UAS-Monterrey).

I'm doing the Spanish translation of the pamphlet "fighting for ourselves"
But I had some doubts, also I would like to make clarifications to the creators of the pamphlet.

If anybody here can help me, or there is somebody that would like to have the spanish version of this pamphlet, write here in the forum or send me an email.
My email is: anarcosindicato@gmail.com

Amadeus's picture
Amadeus
May 4 2014 22:57

For example: in the pdf of FFO panphlet at the pag 76 we found this:

Working days lost to strike action reached 2.9 million in 1979, and trade union membership peaked at 13.2 million.

But i found another number for the working day lost in 1979... 29.474 (millions)

and i have taken this number from: http://www.ons.gov.uk/

there is an error, probably?

please help.

Chilli Sauce's picture
Chilli Sauce
May 5 2014 08:34

Hi A, awesome to hear that you're doing the translation!

FFO was a group project - although there was one person who did the bulk of the writing. I don't know if that person wants to named publicly, but if you private message me, I can give you that person's libcom username so you can contact them directly.

As well, there are some Spanish Speakers in SolFed. So if you're doing the translation, I'm sure there are other bi-lingual folks who can assist.

Joseph Kay's picture
Joseph Kay
May 5 2014 08:56

I think some folks at least started a spanish translation. The source for strike days would have been the ONS data, so it looks like a typo moving the decimal place. I'll try and find out the status of the spanish translation so you can compare notes.

fingers malone's picture
fingers malone
May 5 2014 09:58

I think the Spanish translation is actually done, but needs proofreading.

no1
May 5 2014 10:40

yeah the translation is done, and someone is currently doing the proofreading AFAIK

Amadeus's picture
Amadeus
May 5 2014 21:19

I have chapter 1, 2, 3 and 4 in Spanish.
you can send me the translation that is already done to Spanish?
I feel silly
but can you send me the translation?
I will continue with the translation anyway. while you send me which is already done.
Greetings from Mexico.

Amadeus's picture
Amadeus
May 5 2014 21:30

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=580365298743673&set=a.1167607017...

Amadeus's picture
Amadeus
Nov 10 2014 04:36

the spanish version its gonna be available at december.
some of the books that have been printed and are on sale have some mistakes but the editorial group sold them anyway... the version that will be available in December will not have any errors and will be a personal project without publishing group.