New "Strike" pamphlet

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
syndicalist
Jan 13 2014 15:18
New "Strike" pamphlet

How can I get a hard copy of the pamphlet?

Thanks

AES's picture
AES
Jan 13 2014 15:28

Do you mean this? If so, maybe try contact details for a copy as suggested below.

Quote:
New pamphlet: STRIKE - a guide to walking out

Fri, 22/11/2013 - 15:13

Printing today, our 12-page pamphlet on organising for a strike, including tips on the official procedures, ways in which opponents sometimes try and undermine things, what to do for the picket line - and we even added a general "why you should join us on the line" leaflet on the back that you can photocopy.

We ain't putting it online as we don't want bosses to be able to get hold of it too easily from online sharing around etc, but if you want one give us a shout. We'll also be leaving a few at Freedom Bookshop in Whitechapel.

For more updates and suchlike, follow our Facebook and Twitter feeds, and if you fancy getting involved you can email us at northlondonsf at riseup.net

Rob Ray's picture
Rob Ray
Jan 13 2014 15:29

North London SF is distributing it, gimme a shout and I'll sort you out.

syndicalist
Jan 13 2014 15:36
Rob Ray wrote:
North London SF is distributing it, gimme a shout and I'll sort you out.

Thanks for "sorting me out"…..sent a PM. BTW, what does sorting me out mean? Sounds like doing laundry. groucho

Chilli Sauce's picture
Chilli Sauce
Jan 13 2014 16:02

Also, if you think they'll be a demand for it in the States (it has some British labour law stuff, but most of the advice is general), let me know and I can possibly bring over a bundle in the next couple months...

syndicalist
Jan 13 2014 16:46
Chilli Sauce wrote:
Also, if you think they'll be a demand for it in the States (it has some British labour law stuff, but most of the advice is general), let me know and I can possibly bring over a bundle in the next couple months...

I'll let ya know, Chilli.

These sorts of "hands on" pamphlets are what I mainly like.

I'll be curious to see how much is new, how much is based on this generation's experiences, how much is lifted from the old "Strike strategy" pamphlet the SWF/NRFM put out and so forth.

Appreciate all of your help and comments.

Rob Ray's picture
Rob Ray
Jan 13 2014 17:11

On the latter part, none. It's all based on members' personal experiences.

syndicalist
Jan 13 2014 17:13
Rob Ray wrote:
On the latter part, none. It's all based on members' personal experiences.

Excellent! (even tho the former pamphlet was a good one for its time)

I look forward to seeing it!