Solidarity Network Victories

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
walterwinslow
Sep 12 2012 22:10
Solidarity Network Victories

SeaSol just won its fight against Pegasus Pizza, check it out: www.whywewin.wordpress.com

Thought it would be cool to have one thread in this forum where all of us can report our successes as they happen. I would encourage any other solnets to post stories about any victories they've ever had here. Its hard to keep track of each other and I think this could be one good way.

akai
Sep 13 2012 06:25

Congratulations on that and good idea about spreading information about victories.

Only a question: the idea of a "solidarity network" of course is a term used only by some organizations. So, do you want to limit this thread to victories by those using the label "solidarity network"?

The comrades from Priama akcia in Slovakia are working on a text which I was reviewing just last night and, when explaining what a "solidarity network" is and in their aftwerward, they rightly point out that in countries like their own, this work is carried out by anarchosyndicalist organizations. Over here this is certainly also the case and, in addition, there might exist other community-based initiatives with our participation.

Anyway, so just a clarification is this is really supposed to be only about "solidarity networks". In any case, good to read some positive news.

redsdisease
Sep 21 2012 07:29

This article just popped up on my facebook wall.

Quote:
Great news! The Portland Solidarity Network (PDX Sol) has won our most recent campaign! Our friend Beth received a check for her full deposit from Brian Wannamaker, the target of our campaign, and it has been confirmed that the check has cleared, thereby meeting our campaign’s demand! Brian, the owner and landlord of the Falcon Art Community building where Beth briefly lived, initially refused to return Beth’s security deposit after she was forced to move out because of black mold in her apartment. Brian only relented and returned the deposit after PDX Sol spent several weeks engaging in direct action. Our victory proves that a network of community volunteers and supporters committed to solidarity with tenants and workers CAN produce real victories!
MT
Oct 6 2012 00:27
akai wrote:
The comrades from Priama akcia in Slovakia are working on a text which I was reviewing just last night and, when explaining what a "solidarity network" is and in their aftwerward, they rightly point out that in countries like their own, this work is carried out by anarchosyndicalist organizations. Over here this is certainly also the case and, in addition, there might exist other community-based initiatives with our participation.

the text can now be found here:
http://libcom.org/library/afterword-activities-related-workplace-community-our-conditions