direct action in the workplace/community

Submitted by pi on April 10, 2017

I gather that Libcom only advocates direct action in the workplace/community, which address workers grievances, as meaningful action. The revolutionaries part is to get stuck in at these moments. The spreading of propaganda prepares for these moments. The hope is that this gives anarchism a foothold that may eventually lead to libertarian communism arising out of widespread uprisings against capitalism.

Although crude and simple, is this a fair understanding?

Chilli Sauce

7 years ago

In reply to by libcom.org

Submitted by Chilli Sauce on April 10, 2017

Pi, I'd say that different groups and tendencies in the milieu have differing ideas on those sorts of questions.

If you were looking to do some reading, I'd suggest Fighting for Ourselves, which was put out by the UK Solidarity Federation some years back:

https://libcom.org/files/Fighting%20For%20Ourselves.pdf

It's not too dense, fairy short, and sketches out various approaches to revolutionary action before laying out what SolFed sees as an appropriate anarcho-syndicalist course of action.

pi

7 years ago

Chilli Sauce

Pi, I'd say that different groups and tendencies in the milieu have differing ideas on those sorts of questions..

Sure. But is it the case that Libcom is a web site that hosts a variety of opinions and also a group itself that has agreed perspective summarised in the intro guides? If so, I have no idea where that balance lies nor how important it is to recognise these tendencies.

Thanks for the link. I'll read it when I have some time later today.

Chilli Sauce

7 years ago

Submitted by Chilli Sauce on April 10, 2017

So, the libcom.org group - of which I'm not a member, btw - is a small collective of libertarian communists. Their shared politics are covered in the intro guides, but their practical activity doesn't extend much past having a stall at the London anarchist bookfair.

As for the site, anyone can upload articles, blogs, news item, etc. They are posting guidelines, but it covers a very broad scope of anarchist and communist viewpoint. Even stuff that they might disagree with but has some practical or historical value will be posted with a disclaimer at times.

Does that help?

pi

7 years ago

Yes, ta.