Let me tell you why libcom is wrong

56 posts / 0 new
Last post
Sleeper
Offline
Joined: 19-10-15
May 16 2016 21:26
Let me tell you why libcom is wrong

Let me tell you why libcom is wrong

1. The name is shit and wrong. It makes no sense to anyone but a few public school educated arseholes.

2. The analysis is wrong because it ignores working class people and their experiences.

3. The forums are shit, and wrong because no one but the stupid creators creators can be arsed with them.

4. Cutting up source work is what idiots do, well paid idiots to sabotage our claims to a better society.

Feel free to add your thoughts here

Fleur
Offline
Joined: 21-02-12
May 16 2016 21:45

Did you miss your afternoon nap time?

julio27
Offline
Joined: 13-05-07
May 16 2016 22:13

Maybe I'll take the chance to get banned once, but not right now.

btw the name may be shite, but the place and folks are nice

and you're not really being constructive with this your "libcom"-project (meaning the thread) , hm?

jef costello's picture
jef costello
Offline
Joined: 9-02-06
May 16 2016 21:54

If those things were true then why would they change them?

Zeronowhere
Offline
Joined: 5-03-09
May 16 2016 22:04

Its skin resembles the results of amebiasis.

In general, though, this very much resembles a tacit continuation of the Cameron's referendum thread.

Battlescarred
Offline
Joined: 27-02-06
May 16 2016 22:25

You're talking shite. You're probably at least fairly OK in real life.

factvalue
Offline
Joined: 29-03-11
May 16 2016 22:32

I think the atmosphere has been the subject of many a diatribe by able seaman Noah, and can only be adequately delineated by the great Herman Melville, as in his description of 'the immutable ceremonies and iron etiquette of a man-of-war; the spiked barriers separating the various grades of rank; the delegated absolutism of authority on all hands; the impossibility, on the part of the common seaman, of appeal from incidental abuses, and many more things that may be enumerated,' and I think this is good.

Chilli Sauce's picture
Chilli Sauce
Offline
Joined: 5-10-07
May 17 2016 02:30

"common seaman"

The Pigeon's picture
The Pigeon
Offline
Joined: 16-06-15
May 17 2016 02:54

My demands are threefold:

First, you must deliver the girl to me. Then, you must set fire to all files in the Magistrate's bureau and never open up my record again. And lastly, a hot-air balloon filled with a stack of gold and enough food to get me and the girl across the Alps safely, whence I shall never be seen again! Aha!!

Noah Fence's picture
Noah Fence
Offline
Joined: 18-12-12
May 17 2016 07:19
factvalue wrote:
I think the atmosphere has been the subject of many a diatribe by able seaman Noah, and can only be adequately delineated by the great Herman Melville, as in his description of 'the immutable ceremonies and iron etiquette of a man-of-war; the spiked barriers separating the various grades of rank; the delegated absolutism of authority on all hands; the impossibility, on the part of the common seaman, of appeal from incidental abuses, and many more things that may be enumerated,' and I think this is good.

Perhaps you could translate this into the vernacular of the working class dullards of Dagenham of which I am a prime example.

Zeronowhere
Offline
Joined: 5-03-09
May 17 2016 07:27
Noah Fence wrote:
factvalue wrote:
I think the atmosphere has been the subject of many a diatribe by able seaman Noah, and can only be adequately delineated by the great Herman Melville, as in his description of 'the immutable ceremonies and iron etiquette of a man-of-war; the spiked barriers separating the various grades of rank; the delegated absolutism of authority on all hands; the impossibility, on the part of the common seaman, of appeal from incidental abuses, and many more things that may be enumerated,' and I think this is good.

Perhaps you could translate this into the vernacular of the working class dullards of Dagenham of which I am a prime example.

Chilli Sauce wrote:
"common seaman"

This might help y'all?

Noah Fence's picture
Noah Fence
Offline
Joined: 18-12-12
May 17 2016 09:32

Sleeper, I'll give you four reasons why Libcom is wrong

1. Too much disregard for the moral angle on politics.

2. Too many posters that are stuck in their position and would never even consider the fact that they may be wrong, let alone publicly admit it.

3. Too much pisstaking and trying to get a rise out of people(that's me).

4. Too many curmudgeonly posters that turn up, make sweeping assumptions and then slag everyone off without any grace or humour(that's you).

Actually, Libcom ain't wrong. It's just somewhat flawed like all of us. So have a bit of gratitude for a great resource that has been created by people freely giving their time.
Whinging isn't a good look on anyone, try something else.

Serge Forward's picture
Serge Forward
Offline
Joined: 14-01-04
May 17 2016 11:11
petey
Offline
Joined: 13-10-05
May 17 2016 12:26
Noah Fence wrote:
Sleeper, I'll give you four reasons why Libcom is wrong

1. Too much disregard for the moral angle on politics.

true

Noah Fence wrote:
2. Too many posters that are stuck in their position and would never even consider the fact that they may be wrong, let alone publicly admit it.

there are a few hardons who have to be right and keep hammering others about it until they drive the others away, to satisfy their own psychological deficit. however the age of the posters here doesn't skew young (anymore) and posters have come to where they are after long experience. i came here because my politics changed, but they haven't changed since i've been here, and i'm ... er ... of a certain age.

Noah Fence wrote:
3. Too much pisstaking and trying to get a rise out of people(that's me).

not nearly so much as at certain other sites which are vaguely in this zone tho'

Noah Fence wrote:
4. Too many curmudgeonly posters that turn up, make sweeping assumptions and then slag everyone off without any grace or humour(that's you).

but they leave when not given in to, so it's not a persistent problem

Noah Fence wrote:
Actually, Libcom ain't wrong. It's just somewhat flawed like all of us. So have a bit of gratitude for a great resource that has been created by people freely giving their time.

i second that emotion

Ed's picture
Ed
Offline
Joined: 1-10-03
May 17 2016 14:55
Sleeper wrote:
Let me tell you why libcom is wrong

1. The name is shit and wrong. It makes no sense to anyone but a few public school educated arseholes.

2. The analysis is wrong because it ignores working class people and their experiences.

3. The forums are shit, and wrong because no one but the stupid creators creators can be arsed with them.

4. Cutting up source work is what idiots do, well paid idiots to sabotage our claims to a better society.

Feel free to add your thoughts here

Schmoopie's picture
Schmoopie
Offline
Joined: 28-04-16
May 17 2016 16:49
Quote:
1. Too much disregard for the moral angle on politics.

I'd say the opposite was the case.

Noah Fence's picture
Noah Fence
Offline
Joined: 18-12-12
May 17 2016 17:11
Schmoopie wrote:
Quote:
1. Too much disregard for the moral angle on politics.

I'd say the opposite was the case.

No, you're wrong and if you give a thoroughly good explanation of how you're right and I'm wrong I'll still stick to my position however much of a dick I look.
Oh, and by the way, it's immoral to question my opinion so you should be ashamed of yourself.

S. Artesian
Offline
Joined: 5-02-09
May 17 2016 18:56

What Noah said; motherfuckers let someone like me babble on and on? They must be wankers.

Schmoopie's picture
Schmoopie
Offline
Joined: 28-04-16
May 17 2016 19:26
Quote:
...let someone like me babble on and on?

Now you mention it, you are a bit of a windbag. No offence!

timthelion
Offline
Joined: 14-05-16
Sep 10 2016 13:35

-

S. Artesian
Offline
Joined: 5-02-09
May 17 2016 19:43
Schmoopie wrote:
Quote:
...let someone like me babble on and on?

Now you mention it, you are a bit of a windbag. No offence!

In the immortal words of Hicks in Aliens, "none taken."

fidel gastro
Offline
Joined: 15-04-08
May 17 2016 22:42

LOL! LMAO! One of the best threads yet.

Khawaga's picture
Khawaga
Offline
Joined: 7-08-06
May 17 2016 22:52

You clearly haven't read the Kenneth goes to the gunshow thread.

Noah Fence's picture
Noah Fence
Offline
Joined: 18-12-12
May 18 2016 20:38
timthelion wrote:
I agree, libcom sucks! There are too many Marxists here, promoting the dictatorship of the stupid, homophobic, racist, nationalist, luddite, proletariate. Long live the educated, noble, gentile and liberal classes!

If you'd like to join my revolution, join me with your scalding Starbucks coffee thermous and Macbook pro at 5!

Why the fuck would anyone down vote this post. It's a beauty!

timthelion
Offline
Joined: 14-05-16
May 19 2016 10:25

Khawaga: would you kindly direct me to the thread about the gun show? It sounds enlightening.

freemind
Offline
Joined: 10-10-08
May 20 2016 12:34

I think this is a good site but fail to see the relovence of posts like what was the last film you watched or what are you listening to.Id prefer blogs about hard political issues not lifestylism.

Auld-bod's picture
Auld-bod
Offline
Joined: 9-07-11
May 20 2016 13:28

freemind #26

I don’t imagine you are advocating a lib-com commissar, who will veto subjects considered too frivolous.
As posts are generated by anyone who has registered, the only way to influence the subject matter is to promote topics that interest you, and boycott those that do not appeal.

Personally I like my politics laced with some humour and be informed about films, books, music, etc. It also informs casual visitors to the site, that lib-coms are multi-dimensional, even when sometimes posts can be charitably described as misguided.

Khawaga's picture
Khawaga
Offline
Joined: 7-08-06
May 20 2016 13:32

freemind, discussing films and music is not lifestylism. That is when you think your lifestyle is somehow inherently political.

Battlescarred
Offline
Joined: 27-02-06
May 20 2016 13:40

libcom is wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, WRONG, I tell you! (Stamps foot and splinters into a thousand fragments)

Noah Fence's picture
Noah Fence
Offline
Joined: 18-12-12
May 20 2016 14:09
freemind wrote:
I think this is a good site but fail to see the relovence of posts like what was the last film you watched or what are you listening to.Id prefer blogs about hard political issues not lifestylism.

Freemind, Please tell me this was a troll post?

freemind
Offline
Joined: 10-10-08
May 20 2016 15:28

The point I was making is that IMO the site has become diluted.I respect diversity and that our politics encapsulates a panoramic view of life but at times the political is missing and decadence is the leitmotiv in the text.I love art and music but it's just the feeling I'm getting occasionally.