A communiqué released by an Athens anti-sexist group
Kill the sexist in your head
During the insurrection, the slogan “Cops, cunts, you kill children" was often shouted. One of the times when we reacted, one of the "insurgents," to our disgust, said: "Learn to shut up. And if you do not know how, we will make you shut up."
We didn’t shut up, though.
It was not enough for us that already:
- Capital exploits our bodies. In employment, in the unpaid work between the four walls of our homes, in entertainment (for others).
- The nuclear Greek family wants us as housewives and rabbits, intending for our bodies, even within our own personal space, to reproduce: "the future of this country."
- We have to put up with the motherfuckers, the bosses at home and at work, and their culture of hunter and prey, their pick-ups and propositioning, their whispers and their harassment in the street and on the buses.
- All manner of liberal experts reassure us that "equality" has been achieved. Of course! With equal rights to wage slavery.
On top of it all, we have comrades and companeras who call the cops “pussy." This specific slogan is an attempt to denigrate the cop by comparing it with a pussy. Why does this word denigrate the cop? The word "cunt" (and the body part itself) is already denigrated in the social hierarchy of gender. This relationship is reproduced everywhere. Now also in the street!
Language reproduces and maintains the space in which the authoritarian gender relations are normalised. Without this space provided to them daily these relationships fall into a social vacuum, and thus are challenged.
In the dominant language, and in the language of the street, the "ardent desire" for sexual exploitation ("we will fuck you, pussy" etc.) undermines social liberation.
Hey! go further.
The subordination of bodies to violence and to the symbols of the ruling class can not be reversed with hidden hierarchies.
Aside from the cop...
Also kill the sexist in your head!
- The menses flow, the body asks for rebellion