redandblack17
Dec 11 2007 00:03
AF LOGOS

Just knocked this up.

what do people think?

Tacks's picture
Tacks
Jan 7 2008 18:02

its nice mate, will keep it at the ready.

If you would prefer to keep doing logo's rather than get involved with the org grin then can i suggest actually doing a free-hand tag style one, and then scanning to make one like youn just did? it would be much cooler IMO.

See you at the inner terrestrials?

redandblack17
Jan 8 2008 23:58

nah unfortunatly nope, im down in london meeting some friends at that exact day lol

bit expensive though £8 is quite alot, gonna put a lot of people off it!

Tacks's picture
Tacks
Jan 9 2008 14:34
guydebordisdead wrote:
£8 is a lot to pay to hear 'white nightmare' then leave, which is what I'll assume tacks is going to do.

i've never heard an inner terrestrials song in my life Guy - I'm putting on the gig.

£8 - perhaps, wasn't my call. They are exactly £3 more famous than local bands? grin

sum-one's picture
sum-one
Jan 9 2008 16:35

£8 probably is a little pricey, where does the money go? The flyer says AFed Solidarity Fund...perhaps somebody could explain a little. Some great bands playing though, Inner Terrestrials are brilliant.

Lone Wolf's picture
Lone Wolf
Jan 10 2008 02:17

Hey

May see some of you at the Terrestrials gig at the Plough Inn in Walthamstow, E17: someone i know is putting them on and it is a fiver. Sat 9 Feb - i am kinda excited! They come highly recommended by the Manc Afed contingent. cool

Love

LW XX

Steven.'s picture
Steven.
Jan 11 2008 10:33
Lone Wolf wrote:
May see some of you at the Terrestrials gig at the Plough Inn in Walthamstow, E17: someone i know is putting them on and it is a fiver.

nice. fuck you AF!

Lone Wolf's picture
Lone Wolf
Jan 11 2008 18:20

confused

What is wrong with them playing at this pub???

Tacks's picture
Tacks
Jan 11 2008 19:18

you muppet.

Tacks's picture
Tacks
Jan 11 2008 19:24
sum-one wrote:
£8 probably is a little pricey, where does the money go? The flyer says AFed Solidarity Fund...perhaps somebody could explain a little. Some great bands playing though, Inner Terrestrials are brilliant.

I wrote a long intro to the solly fund somewhere it should actually be online... FFS, looking now

heres a short one written after the last gig:

Quote:
The money was paid out of the AF Solidarity Fund, which is what all benefit parties contribute to. The fund exists to support anarchist comrades and projects all over the world, either on our initiative or on application. Although we are pretty tight for money in the UK we can make a difference. The uneven exchange rate system that keeps the developing world dirt poor means that our money goes much further over there; for instance our Mexican comrade he could eat out for a week on £5. We hope to raise the Funds’ profile from now on. Our next event in Sheffield will be February 16th 2008 when we’ll be putting on the Inner Terrestrials (innerterrestrials.org.uk) plus support in a licensed venue so hopefully won’t get raided at 8pm this time.
Tacks's picture
Tacks
Jan 11 2008 19:26

also - the IT are from london. I would like ti suggest it cost a wee bit more than the £3 diffrence in price to get them up to shef.

HOWEVER: there is now a guestlist system - if you email the sheffield AF address your name will be put on the list and you will pay £6 only

very fair i think grin

oisleep's picture
oisleep
Jan 12 2008 21:25

guestlist black bloc

Lone Wolf's picture
Lone Wolf
Jan 13 2008 06:08
oisleep wrote:
guestlist black bloc

"If your name's not down, you're not coming in..." Does anyone else remember that awful novelty dance tune.. think it was called "The Bouncer" ..grin

Tacks

Good on ya - g'luck with the gig. smile

John.

God you're a miserable fucker sometimes. roll eyes

Love

LW XXX

sum-one's picture
sum-one
Jan 13 2008 12:26

Thanks Tacks, actually i think i may have read that before... anyway, good luck with the gig!

Tacks's picture
Tacks
Jan 14 2008 22:21

thats not a novelty tune, it's classic old school hardcore!

Lone Wolf's picture
Lone Wolf
Jan 15 2008 01:23
Tacks wrote:
thats not a novelty tune, it's classic old school hardcore!

ha ha grin

It is not hardcore enough to be labelled that by me but still ..wink

It was soo a novelty tune .. lets split the difference and say it was both. smile

And for me classic old school is like Liquid and Baby D but still.. i wanna be nice. tongue

Tacks's picture
Tacks
Jan 20 2008 23:20

the guy who did The Bouncer is playing bangface soon.

jef costello's picture
jef costello
Jan 21 2008 01:18

The Plough is where Alf's band plays. The ICC wins again.

Lone Wolf's picture
Lone Wolf
Jan 21 2008 03:31
jef costello wrote:
The Plough is where Alf's band plays. The ICC wins again.

Yeah i know - i will be inviting Alf to the gig. cool

Volin's picture
Volin
Jan 21 2008 10:48

Alf's in a band!

What kind of music?

redandblack17
Jan 21 2008 11:15

if it all goes well. which it should, you should start putting more gigs on like a red house and grapes and stuff, get more people interested about stuff.

Tacks's picture
Tacks
Jan 21 2008 11:18

yeah, red house is free as well i think - but you need your own sound system.

Tacks's picture
Tacks
Jan 21 2008 11:19

...in fact making it no different from an abandoned warehouse grin

redandblack17
Jan 21 2008 11:19

aye but people like "Hyenas" have a p.a. and shit, im sure of it, or even "population lost"

Tacks's picture
Tacks
Jan 21 2008 11:27

hmmm.

groovy smile

redandblack17
Jan 21 2008 12:04

get pop lost to deff do a gig, they'll play owt and all rate rad guys, up for any gig

Lone Wolf's picture
Lone Wolf
Jan 21 2008 20:10
Volin wrote:
Alf's in a band!

What kind of music?

Bluesy type stuff i believe - they are on Monday nights at the Plough. You could come down for the Terrestrials on the Sat and band night on that Mon but Skye is a long way away for a gig. smile (So cool that i stayed just a mile away from you and know how gorgeous where you live is -this is me trying to console you for your musical isolation. btw wink )

Love

LW XX

Tacks's picture
Tacks
Jan 22 2008 11:08

volin if you live in skye, are u the AFer i met at projectile a couple of times?

surely not multiple anarchists in skye!

Volin's picture
Volin
Jan 22 2008 20:34
Lone Wolf wrote:
Bluesy type stuff i believe - they are on Monday nights at the Plough. You could come down for the Terrestrials on the Sat and band night on that Mon but Skye is a long way away for a gig. (So cool that i stayed just a mile away from you and know how gorgeous where you live is -this is me trying to console you for your musical isolation. btw )

Awww, I definetely would...if I didn't live hundreds of miles away and have lots of uni work to do. sad But I'm not musically isolated, apart from all the pub sessions I'm in an indie band (all our own songs and in Gaelic - take that conformity!!).

Whereabouts did you live?

Tacks's picture
Tacks
Jan 22 2008 22:44

ooh has band got myspace?

Lone Wolf's picture
Lone Wolf
Jan 23 2008 00:32
Volin wrote:
Lone Wolf wrote:
Bluesy type stuff i believe - they are on Monday nights at the Plough. You could come down for the Terrestrials on the Sat and band night on that Mon but Skye is a long way away for a gig. (So cool that i stayed just a mile away from you and know how gorgeous where you live is -this is me trying to console you for your musical isolation. btw )

Awww, I definetely would...if I didn't live hundreds of miles away and have lots of uni work to do. sad But I'm not musically isolated, apart from all the pub sessions I'm in an indie band (all our own songs and in Gaelic - take that conformity!!).

Whereabouts did you live?

Ha didn't live there - just stayed there a few times! At the strange b and b by the ferry docking bit.

I guess i meant London musical isolation - sorry embarrassed - don't hit me! Only ever lived in or just outside London.

Love

LW XX