Anarchists! Give yourselves up!!!!!

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
Sakura
Aug 5 2011 18:44
Anarchists! Give yourselves up!!!!!
Quote:
What should you do if you discover an anarchist living next door?– the answer, according to an official counter-terrorism notice circulated in London last week, is that you must report them to police immediately.

[url= http://www.guardian.co.uk/​uk/2011/jul/31/westminster​-police-anarchist-whistleb​lower-]

Despite playing loud punk music until the early hours of the morning, some of us are worried that our neighbours may not have realised that we're anarchists...SO, I'm knitting some hand grenades and a balaclava and will be putting on my best Emma Goldman T-shirt and hoola-hooping down to our local Police station this Saturday to hand myself in.

These are the words of Leicestershire anarchist Emma Chung, who will, at 1pm tomorrow, alongside a group of fellow anarchists, be handing herself in to Leicestershire Police for the "terrorist" crime of supporting anarchy.

I invite fellow anarchists across the UK to join her (at a time of your convenience) in giving yourself up to your local police station. Please feel free to contact your local paper if you feel they may be interested.

Peace!

Sakura

Ed's picture
Ed
Aug 5 2011 19:35

Don't do it because:

a) the Met have retracted the statement

b) why give information about yourself to the state?

Arbeiten's picture
Arbeiten
Aug 5 2011 19:38

What Ed said.

Serge Forward's picture
Serge Forward
Aug 5 2011 19:41

Sakura, if you're Emma, R from Leicester AF/IWW also says don't do it.

Sakura
Aug 5 2011 20:13

Really? No I'm not Emma, but I know her. I'll let her know and see what she thinks.

Serge Forward's picture
Serge Forward
Aug 5 2011 20:24

Yep, really. It's not a good idea to be playing games with the state and this sort of action could only make any kind of sense if those concerned think the police are a bit like Rowan Atkinson and the cast of the Thin Blue Line and it's all just a nice jolly jape. I'd also advise her to have a word with N before she does this because this action may also have consequences for N.

action_now
Aug 5 2011 21:41

this is some mad dumb liberal shit.

Serge Forward's picture
Serge Forward
Aug 5 2011 23:14

It was posted on Indymedia with some discussion. So,

Leicester AF wrote:
The Anarchist Federation in Leicester is not involved in this possibly well meaning but poorly thought out action. Leicester AF strongly advises anyone who considers themselves an anarchist NOT to give the police any information about themselves or to 'hand themselves in' to the authorities, however much an amusing or 'newsworthy' stunt it may appear to be on the surface. As the police are, first and foremost, the frontline protectors of the ruling class, the state and the capitalist system, then nothing positive can come of trying to engage with them for publicity purposes. Alternatively, if any Leicestershire anarchists are interested in building anarchist resistance in the local area, then don't hesitate to get in touch with the AF via the webpage.
Chilli Sauce's picture
Chilli Sauce
Aug 5 2011 23:53

A very sound and timely statement.

Steven.'s picture
Steven.
Aug 6 2011 10:53
Chilli Sauce wrote:
A very sound and timely statement.

you do really love statements!

But yes, I agree with completely, this is a stupid idea, especially as the police retracted their statement

orthodoxyproxy's picture
orthodoxyproxy
Aug 18 2011 17:10

Lol, I'm sure a sure will still go ahead and do it. It puts the police into a dilemna as they become more and more despotic to everyone. On a offtopic note, I do feel sorry for the 'anarchists' who were arrested for inciting riot through facebook in their local Weatherspoons. They got 4 years jail :/

Martin Luther King Jnr said "Riot is the language of the unheard" looks like our 'free nation' isn't free.