DONATE NOW TO HELP UPGRADE LIBCOM.ORG

Any groups in east midlands?

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
Billbo
Apr 5 2010 19:40
Any groups in east midlands?

Hi any groups in Northamptonshire or surrounding areas?

Farce's picture
Farce
Apr 5 2010 22:40

There's definitely AF and IWW groups in Leicester, that might be your nearest bet.

Billbo
Apr 5 2010 23:13

Cheers man.

Anyone know a good site for upcomming protests.

Joseph Kay's picture
Joseph Kay
Apr 5 2010 23:12

There's also SolFed people in Northampton, drop me a PM if you want me to put you in touch

Billbo
Apr 5 2010 23:19

I'm gonna look up solfed cheers, i never worked officially though refuse to pay income tax.

cobbler
Oct 27 2010 01:12

Yes, there's Solfed in Northampton.

BlackFlag
Oct 26 2010 15:49

Leicester and Nottingham both have AF groups. I've recently joined Lincoln AF. There are only 2 or 3 of us here but I know Nottingham have a fairly substantial group. Not sure how many Leicester have. Let us know how you get on as it would be good to have contacts across the East Midlands, especially with the anti-cuts movement going on and the EDL staging more protests. As we're such a small group in Lincoln it would be great to have a network of support accross the surrounding area so we can help each other out more easily!

gerbil
Oct 26 2010 22:38

There's definitely AF in Nottingham, because I met one on a recent demo who was handing out copies of Resistance, and he was with a group of 3 or so. Indeed, it was only through reading that that I found out about AF!

If he's reading this, I offer my apologies for being such a wimpy armchair anarchist and declining his offer to join up, but I'm just too scared of being locked up to be active these days sad

gg

Between Your Teeth's picture
Between Your Teeth
Oct 27 2010 16:35

this is an old thread by the way people. for the record there is an AF and IWW group in Nottingham, the Leicester AF and IWW are no longer active and a small AF group has just sprung up in Lincoln. No solfed as far as i'm aware, unless there's isolated members we don't know about.

gerbil if you're the person i'm thinking of then it was me you were talking to. originally from bradford right?

without sounding too much like a recruiting machine, i understand your concerns. there's currently nine of us in Nottingham AF and apart from the recently redundant we are all in full time employment and have no great desire to be arrested. we fully understand people have different comfort levels and we wouldn't expect you to. and at the moment most of the stuff we do as a group is propaganda and solidarity work with little chance of arrest.

if you feel like getting involved at any point, or just having a chat about what we do feel free to get in contact on nottingham@afed.org.uk

BlackFlag
Mar 13 2011 20:45

Sorry to drag up this old thread again, but just to make everyone aware, as well as the small AF group we have here in Lincoln, we will soon have an IWW group as well! I'll make sure to keep everyone posted smile