DONATE NOW TO HELP UPGRADE LIBCOM.ORG

Hello Libcom/AFed

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Sir Vile Minds
Mar 11 2011 03:18
Hello Libcom/AFed

Hello there, y'all* grin

I was recently doing some research on dumpster diving/bin raiding etc due my almost-extreme need for food (Student loan gone = unable to feed myself etc) and some articles mentioned that it was anarchists who were frequent divers and so I looked into the anarchistic beliefs etc and it appears that I follow a number of them. I also try to get as many things free if possible and with some searching I've managed to find food, drink (mainly tea/coffee) and material goods (condoms. stationary, stickers). This is something I've been doing for years.

I was also going to go to some 'marches' but overslept/had no money.

I therefore joined as I've yet to find another forum which doesn't flame when you speak freely. I'm rambling now and I'll stop there.

Due to the above, I think I could be considered an anarchist (minus the squatting although I have occupied) but before that I think I'll let the pros here judge for themselves.

Libcom.org - my new procrastination grounds grin

A couple of questions: Are there any offline groups/communities in London?

And

Are there any places that need writers for this area as I'm studying Creative Writing at the moment and am always looking to build a portfolio.

Thanks smile

PS - Please don't ever flame me, I might cry.

PPS - Sorry this is a bit long. Congrats if you made it this far down.

*I dnt actly spk lyk dis

mons
Mar 11 2011 09:42

On libcom and in AFed most people, rightly in my opinion, think lifestyle choices like dumpster diving have nothing revolutionary in them. We are interested in creating actual social change and increasing the lot of the working class, these things don't do either of these things, at all.

Have a read of this: http://libcom.org/library/introduction-anarchist-communism-anarchist-federation - from there, "lifestylism does not attempt to overthrow or destroy capitalism; it only attempts to wash its own hands clean of the blood."

Have a read around this site, it's got lots of good stuff.

Sir Vile Minds
Mar 11 2011 10:55
mons wrote:
On libcom and in AFed most people, rightly in my opinion, think lifestyle choices like dumpster diving have nothing revolutionary in them. We are interested in creating actual social change and increasing the lot of the working class, these things don't do either of these things, at all.

Have a read of this: http://libcom.org/library/introduction-anarchist-communism-anarchist-federation - from there, "lifestylism does not attempt to overthrow or destroy capitalism; it only attempts to wash its own hands clean of the blood."

Have a read around this site, it's got lots of good stuff.

The dumpster diving bit was only really going to be a way to get some food but not as a lifestyle. And I do agree, it is not revolutionary but more as a last resort (for some, at least).

As a quick elaboration it's probably worth noting that may have slight hippy connotations within me.

Thanks for the PDF also. Had a read of it and it's certainly an interesting one at that. I'll have more of a look around the site after lectures smile

gypsy
Mar 11 2011 11:12

Welcome sir.