How long until a member contacts you?

14 posts / 0 new
Last post
MDC's picture
MDC
Nov 29 2010 22:08
How long until a member contacts you?

Hi everyone, sorry if this has been asked before, basically I emailed Afed about joining a few weeks ago and haven't herard anything back, I don't mean to sound impatient or anything but I was just wondering how long it usually takes for a member to get in contact?
Thanks

Yorkie Bar
Nov 29 2010 23:00

Which address did you email? You definitely should've heard back by now - did you send it to the national 'join@afed.org.uk' or one of the local groups emails?

~J.

MDC's picture
MDC
Nov 29 2010 23:35

I sent it to the national address but I would like to get in contact with the London group since it's closest to where I'm based.

radicalgraffiti
Nov 30 2010 00:36

it could be that your email is treating emails for us as spam, so check your spam folder, and it might be an idea to add afed to your safe list, then try emailing again, or emailing london directly. or you could pm me your email address.

btw whats your avatar?

Battlescarred
Nov 30 2010 10:17

No, what happened was that London answered as soon as it received enquiry. Unfortunately, spamhaus block on our server Riseup means there is no outgoing mail ( for ANYONE who uses it), which is being queued until problem is solved.
In meantime I have emailed you from a hotmail account.
Sory about this.
( means we will have to email ALL our new contacts again!!)

MDC's picture
MDC
Nov 30 2010 17:21

Thanks, yeah an email has come through now, turns out an earlier reply ended up in my junk on hotmail and I didn't realise.

radicalgraffiti my avatar is Throbbing Gristle's logo from back in the day

Theft's picture
Theft
Sep 13 2011 15:18

Figured I'd bump this thread instead of starting a new one, just incase my email about re-joining has got lost in spam. Maybe it's just me not being very patient grin

Emailed both join at afed.org.uk and sheffield at af-north.org btw

nastyned
Sep 12 2011 22:05

Nice one, good to have you back!

Battlescarred
Sep 13 2011 11:42

I f you are who I think you are, it'll be great to have you back.

Theft's picture
Theft
Sep 13 2011 12:35

My website http://www.anarchist-theft.net ie anarchist theft gives it away as to who i am, though if still not sure Sheffield Red and Black Centre, SAG/A(C)F member in the 90's, will tell you who i am grin

Just get someone to reply to my emails tongue

Between Your Teeth's picture
Between Your Teeth
Sep 13 2011 14:12

hey up, good to hear you're thinking of rejoining. the Sheffield group sec is without internet access at the moment so can you contact sheffield at bookfair.org.uk instead and someone will be in touch.

the AF, you can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave

Theft's picture
Theft
Sep 13 2011 15:17
Between Your Teeth wrote:
hey up, good to hear you're thinking of rejoining. the Sheffield group sec is without internet access at the moment so can you contact sheffield at bookfair.org.uk instead and someone will be in touch.

the AF, you can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave

As in sheffield at bookfair.org.uk ?

Between Your Teeth's picture
Between Your Teeth
Sep 13 2011 15:16

that's the one, but i broke the link so it doesn't end up getting a load of internet spam directed it's way by bots harvesting email addresses (actually, does that even work anymore?)

Theft's picture
Theft
Sep 13 2011 15:21
Between Your Teeth wrote:
that's the one, but i broke the link so it doesn't end up getting a load of internet spam directed it's way by bots harvesting email addresses (actually, does that even work anymore?)

Ok thx emailed them and broke up my email links just in case it still happens smile