Joining

17 posts / 0 new
Last post
matty1982
Apr 20 2009 20:07
Joining

I would like to join the movement however the e-mail address given on the website is not working for me. Could someone please tell me the best way to go about this?

I live in the West Midlands.

flaneur's picture
flaneur
Apr 21 2009 09:09

Matty, if you email join@afed.org.uk, they can sort you out.

Bubbles's picture
Bubbles
Apr 21 2009 09:28

it would help if you described what you thought the movement was and what your political beliefs are. there are many organisations and movements that people on this board subscribe to.

Django's picture
Django
Apr 21 2009 09:45

He's on the AF forum, so I take it he means that.

little_brother's picture
little_brother
Apr 21 2009 10:09

Short of applying to join right away, there is also birmingham [at] afed.org.uk email address where you can make contact with AF members in West Midlands for a chat.

For anyone else who is interested, all AF contact points for groups and regions are here:
http://www.afed.org.uk/organisation/contact.html

Bubbles's picture
Bubbles
Apr 21 2009 10:43
Django wrote:
He's on the AF forum, so I take it he means that.

fuck sake. :oops embarrassed embarrassed

matty1982
Apr 23 2009 10:09

For some reason the e-mail address is not working for me???????

knightrose
Apr 23 2009 10:16

send me a pm with your email address. I'll forward your details and send you our intro pack.

Farce's picture
Farce
Apr 23 2009 10:25

Which address? The 'join 'one, the 'info' one or the birmingham one?

matty1982
Apr 23 2009 11:59

I tried the join one and Birmingham one. And they both came back.

Farce's picture
Farce
Apr 23 2009 12:05
matty1982 wrote:
I tried the join one and Birmingham one. And they both came back.

Weird, you could try the info one, or just PM your email to one of the AF comrades on this forum.

shevek63
May 1 2009 13:48

I am interested in joining the AF. I dont really know what activities the AF is involved in. I am dubious about joining because I am worried that the AF is focussed on occupations, squats and demos; things I am not really interested in. I am more interested in discussing anarchist ideas, workplace organising and (as an aspiring writer and journalist) disseminating and popularising anarchist ideas and principles. As I have said I am largely ignorant of what the AF actually do. Maybe I should just come along to a meeting and see if I like it. Sorry for the moan.

knightrose
May 1 2009 17:47

Where do you live? If you are near one of our groups or contacts you could meet up with us. You'll find that the AF is interested in workplace organising and disseminating and discussing anarchist ideas. You can also read our new industrial strategy document at http://libcom.org/library/frontline-anarchists-work.

shevek63
May 2 2009 15:52

I live in Manchester/Salford. Maybe I should just meet up with one of your organisers and have a talk with them?

Django's picture
Django
May 2 2009 16:11

Me and Knighrose are in the Manchester group, we'd be happy to meet up - you sound like you're on the same page as the AF in terms of focus. Our activities locally at the moment have mainly been propaganda based, holding public meetings and distroing propaganda, but we've had a presence on recent demos around immigration recently and did a fair bit of work around putting an internationalist perspective out on the Gaza war demos a bit ago. We're also looking to set up an action group around the recession that can have organisation and propaganda in place should anything kick off in Manchester as it has in other parts of the country recently. As an organisation we do have a focus on workplace and social wage struggles, and we have members who have been involved in the Visteon support group and the Glasgow school occupations, along with campaigns and organising in the workplaces where they're present.

knightrose
May 2 2009 17:13

and we'll be on the Manchester May 4th March - it starts at 12.30 from All saints and goes to Castlefield. We'll be the contingent with the red and black flags - so it's a chance to meet us then. Otherwise send an email to meetings[@]af-north.org and Django will sort out meeting up with you.

Farce's picture
Farce
May 6 2009 16:24
shevek63 wrote:
I am interested in joining the AF. I dont really know what activities the AF is involved in. I am dubious about joining because I am worried that the AF is focussed on occupations, squats and demos; things I am not really interested in. I am more interested in discussing anarchist ideas, workplace organising and (as an aspiring writer and journalist) disseminating and popularising anarchist ideas and principles. As I have said I am largely ignorant of what the AF actually do. Maybe I should just come along to a meeting and see if I like it. Sorry for the moan.

Discussing anarchist ideas, workplace organising and disseminating anarchist ideas and principles is totally a (major) part of what we do. Have you read Resistance or Organise?