Joining AFED

25 posts / 0 new
Last post
R. Mark
Apr 7 2015 18:36
Joining AFED

Hi, I'm interested in joining the Anarchist Federation. I've tried contacting the email addresses given on the website, but for some reason my emails "fail to send" every time, and I have even tried contacting AFED on facebook with no luck either. I don't think I'm near any groups, unfortunately, but I hope I can still get involved anyway.

radicalgraffiti
Apr 7 2015 18:41

did you add the @ symbol to the email address where it says [at] and take out ht spaces?

R. Mark
Apr 7 2015 18:51

Yes, and I tried both "join@afed.org.uk" and "info@afed.org.uk".

If it helps solve the problem, this is the message I got (I don't know what it means):

Quote:
This is an automatically generated email created by smtp10.hushmail.com.

We could not deliver your message. Please double-check the
recipient's email address for errors and try again.

The server responded with:

: host afed.org.uk[IP address removed] said: 550 C01 - REJECTED -
[IP address removed] is blacklisted. (in reply to RCPT TO command)

Chilli Sauce's picture
Chilli Sauce
Apr 7 2015 19:02

Blacklisted!?!

Cooked's picture
Cooked
Apr 7 2015 20:44

That's hushmail being blacklisted by the afed email provider. That's unfortunate but if you can you should try using a different email address. (I'm not afed)

R. Mark
Apr 7 2015 21:03
Cooked wrote:
That's unfortunate but if you can you should try using a different email address. (I'm not afed)

I actually tried that! No reply either! I don't think the gods approve of my choices.

plasmatelly's picture
plasmatelly
Apr 7 2015 21:53

J,M & J - if someone hasn't pm'ed R. Mark - please do! On the other hand, R. Mark, please show some initiative, there's some clear and obvious posters from AFed on here. Apologies for being brusque, but this is basic admin.

Steven.'s picture
Steven.
Apr 7 2015 23:25
plasmatelly wrote:
J,M & J - if someone hasn't pm'ed R. Mark - please do! On the other hand, R. Mark, please show some initiative, there's some clear and obvious posters from AFed on here. Apologies for being brusque, but this is basic admin.

sorry but this is out of order, it would not be clear to most people who is in AF and who isn't, even after posting on here for a while. If the AF e-mail isn't working properly that's ultimately our problem which we should sort out.

R Mark, thanks for posting here, if you private message me your e-mail address I'll pass it on so someone can get back to you!

Apologies about the problems!

R. Mark
Apr 8 2015 17:53

Thanks, can you send me a message which I can reply to? I can't figure out how to send pm's (yes, I really am being this thick).

jef costello's picture
jef costello
Apr 8 2015 18:26
R. Mark wrote:
Thanks, can you send me a message which I can reply to? I can't figure out how to send pm's (yes, I really am being this thick).

Steven.'s name is a link, click on it to go to his profile, then click on the link "send this user a message"

R. Mark
Apr 8 2015 18:29
jef costello wrote:
R. Mark wrote:

Steven.'s name is a link, click on it to go to his profile, then click on the link "send this user a message"

There's no "send this user a message" link showing up for me on the profile page...

Auld-bod's picture
Auld-bod
Apr 8 2015 18:55

Find Steven.
Count down three lines - bingo!

Joseph Kay's picture
Joseph Kay
Apr 8 2015 20:06

R. Mark - try now, I've bumped your account to 'regular user' (I think PMs are disabled for posters with less than a certain number of posts to stop spammers signing up and privately spamming everyone).

R. Mark
Apr 8 2015 20:14
Joseph Kay wrote:
R. Mark - try now, I've bumped your account to 'regular user' (I think PMs are disabled for posters with less than a certain number of posts to stop spammers signing up and privately spamming everyone).

Yep, that's done it, thank you. Sorry for the inconvenience, you can delete this thread now I guess.

plasmatelly's picture
plasmatelly
Apr 8 2015 20:46

Yeah sorry R. Mark for being grumpy - I'm not really, it's not meant as an attack at yourself - more a stomach felt frustration with the general crapness that anarchists are at being business-like. (And certainly not an attack at the AFed). Makes me understand why people end up left-communists. Anyway, pass the Valium and welcome.

R. Mark
Apr 8 2015 20:56
plasmatelly wrote:
Yeah sorry R. Mark for being grumpy - I'm not really, it's not meant as an attack at yourself - more a stomach felt frustration with the general crapness that anarchists are at being business-like. (And certainly not an attack at the AFed). Makes me understand why people end up left-communists. Anyway, pass the Valium and welcome.

No worries, all sorted now. Next step: full communism. wink

JoeMaguire's picture
JoeMaguire
Apr 8 2015 22:04
plasmatelly wrote:

I check the London Afed email almost everyday I will have you know. Very much on the ball says I.

Steven.'s picture
Steven.
Apr 8 2015 22:19

I haven't received any message, so hopefully someone else has got in touch with you, R?

Battlescarred
Apr 14 2015 10:49

HI, I'm in London AF. Did you emaol lomdon@afed.org.uk? IF so, did you get a reply. WE look at our emails every day so. Wherabouts in Britain are you?
best
( you can PM me if any problems)

arminius's picture
arminius
Apr 14 2015 15:14

Battlescarred:

Did you mean to say "lomdon..." in the addy?

Steven.'s picture
Steven.
Apr 14 2015 16:07

No, it should be "london"

Burgers
Apr 15 2015 16:33
Quote:
Makes me understand why people end up left-communists. .

lol

Battlescarred
Apr 17 2015 10:05

R. Mark , you were emailed by London AF yesterday. Did you receive it??

R. Mark
Apr 17 2015 16:37

Received and replied, thank you.

R. Mark
Apr 17 2015 16:40

Is this the best start for a prospective AFed member ever? A whole public thread dedicated to my communications incompetence!